Go see Avatar

What do you think is happening with film production? How do you think things will look? What are options for sequels? Show us your own Movie Posters and Trailers here!
locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Go see Avatar

Postby locke » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:52 pm

remember how after Lord of the Rings became a phenom we had a surge of fantasy film adaptations being made?

Well Avatar's reviews have come out and they're through the roof.

If this film is a smash hit (and if Christopher Nolan's giant and expensive sci fi movie coming out next year) then we are likely to see a surge of acquisitions of science fiction properties. Films heavy on action and battles, as an Ender film is likely to be, and film's that would benefit from the motion capture filmmaking (like used in Avatar and Christmas Story) like Ender, are going to be at the top of the list of titles to acquire and push into production.

Avatar may be the game changer needed to bust EG out of development hell.

Halo will probably be the first scifi title announced, probably before January is over.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Junkie

Postby Peterlover14 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:34 pm

What is it about?
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Peterlover, you are on the internet right now, correct? And you do know how to use a search engine such as google, right? So, how about you just look up the movie "Avatar" and read about it? Instead of asking Locke to take the time to type out a description of the movie for you.

ETA: Locke, I have plans to go see it (possibly in 3D) on Christmas day. I'm very excited!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Peterlover14 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:59 pm

Hahaha right. Sorry.

Aesculapius
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Aesculapius » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:21 pm

I just saw it couple days ago. It was AMAZING! I love how they incorporated colonialism into it and then ended up making humans the bad guys. It turned the humans into the aliens, instead of the other way around as many other movies have done. The effects were fantastic, too! I think it had great depth. It's definitely being added to my list of favourite movies.
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
-Benjamin Franklin

Aesculapiüs

Craig
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Really Alai

Postby Craig » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:42 am

Seen it twice. locke is right, it's amazing, a game changer. It's on pace to be the 2nd highest grossing movie of all time (domestically and internationally).

Can you guys imagine the battleroom in 3D? Wow...

Been a good year for sci fi, D9 and then this. Good stuff.

Salaam

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Peterlover14 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:40 pm

I just saw it. It was way better than I though it would be. I thought it would be all action, which I'm not fond of. But it was amazing. Everything that lit up and the bond shared between the people and the earth was so cool. And the other guy that wasn't Jake but had an avatar(can't remember his name) was in a Katy Perry music video. Which was odd to me, but he was pretty cute in the video....

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:28 pm

I hate you all for falling for such completely empty and artificial sci-fi, while at the same time supposedly being the standard for what lovers of real sci-fi are.

It makes me as angry as when I watch Kirsten Dunst's whiny, obnoxious attempts at acting.

Gah.

Graff^
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Carrot hamburgler

Postby Graff^ » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:39 pm

I saw Avatar( sadly not in 3-D) I loved it so much.
Where does friendship end and love begin?

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jebus » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Ugh. I have never been so unattached to characters in my life. At no point did I care what happened, because none of the characters were interesting or unique or funny or odd or loveable or anything. I couldn't even hate the evil army dude or evil business men because they were so ridiculously evil as to be nothing more than caricatures.

Please watch redlettermedia's review of Avatar on YouTube to fully understand how bad this movie is. It never deserved to be anywhere near Best Picture or Best Director, I'm so happy it didn't win them.

Graff^
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Carrot hamburgler

Postby Graff^ » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:36 pm

I believe OSC said that "you either love it or you hate it,and those who hate it really hate it". I think applies to Avatar as well.
Where does friendship end and love begin?

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jebus » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Close, but in this case it's: "you either love it or you hate it, and those that love it are really retarded".

remanjot
Launchie
Launchie

Movies

Postby remanjot » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:47 am

I have watched this movie last year. It is directed by James Cameron. I like this movie. Awesome made.
[Signature with a link to a "stock market" site in India removed by administrator, as per our "no spamming" policy]

Return to “Ender's Game Movie Rumors, Speculation and Fan Art”