#002b - Interview with Aaron Johnston, Part 2

A new podcast featuring interviews and news of interest to the Ender's Game fan community.
Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Prodigal Son

#002b - Interview with Aaron Johnston, Part 2

Postby Taalcon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:58 pm

Check it out!
Philotic Ansible Podcast: #002b - Aaron Johnston, Part 2

In Part 2, Aaron gets into detail about working inside OSC’s Universe, gives us some insight into the expanding of Ender’s world as seen in The First Formic War series of novels, and hints at what is to come in the future of the Enderverse.

And don't worry, it's spoiler free for Earth Unaware! Go, listen, report back!

Aaron gives a great interview. And Alea is a fantastic host. Thanks everyone!

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Re: #002b - Interview with Aaron Johnston, Part 2

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Is this the fixed one?
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Taalcon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Yep. The only problem with the initial link was a repeat of intro bumper accidentally overlayed at the end.

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:46 pm

"Podvast" lol

But really, I love that he says (of Earth Unaware) that the comics are based on the novel, but that the comics were released first. I think more people need to understand that.
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Taalcon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:03 pm

"Podvast" lol
I don't know what you're talking about. That type certainly was never in the sub-topic line to this thread ;)

And yes, I love the concept - which OSC has expressed before - that even the novel versions are just one expression of the ultimate story - which is why OSC generally views authorized adaptations as just being different takes dipped from the same ultimate pool.

I once expressed on Hatrack that I viewed storytelling as archeology, and as writers, we were just hunting down, and making sense of the story as we found the bits, and tried to tell it the best we could. OSC agreed, and said that was exactly it, and that I "got" storytelling. I felt pretty good about that ;)

The Comics and the Novel are both attempts to make sense and a good storytelling experience of the bits of the story that have been 'uncovered'. I love that concept. And it allows for interesting play on the idea of 'canon'.

Return to “The Philotic Ansible Podcast (In association with Ender's Ansible)”