Ender or Bean series

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.

Which series is your favourite?

Speaker Series
59%
Shadow Series
41%

Total votes: 27

Ender91
Launchie
Launchie

Ender or Bean series

Postby Ender91 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:36 pm

I looked for this subject, and couldn't find it.
We all have our favourite Enderverse novels, but which series is the most liked?

If this has been covered already, I apologize for wasting memory.
"The enemy's gate is up."
"Uh, Ender?"
"Yeah?"
"Didn't you say before that the enemy's gate is down?"
"...uh...Oh yeah! The enemy's gate is in fact down, not up. My bad. Thanks Alai."

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:23 pm

http://www.philoticweb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10

Granted, the title could have been more obvious.

Darth Petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Some call me... Tim

Postby Darth Petra » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:33 pm

Ender rules, yo.
"Death is the only serious preoccupation in life."
- The Count of Monte Cristo

PetraArkanian
Launchie
Launchie

Postby PetraArkanian » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:11 pm

I love petra so I gotta go with Shadow

Warmaker
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Warmaker » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:52 pm

It's easier to relate to Peter than Ender, plus the Shadow series was on Earth and contained only humans. I had a much easier time getting into the mind and hearts of the characters and enjoyed myself more.
80% rad, 20% kick-ass, 10% win. I give 110% to being awesome.

wigginboy
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 2-2004

Postby wigginboy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:18 pm

While I enjoyed the interspecial relationships and moral dillemas inherent in the Speaker series, I am more drawn to political thrillers, so the Shadow series stood out more for me. I really enjoyed the use of Achilles as the villain, although I think he could have used some more flaws. It seems that OSC sets him up as being almost superhuman in his evilness, almost as much as Bean really is superhuman with his mind. Achilles is not genetically engineered yet he seems to have a sort of demented genius that is exactly the foil of Bean. Yes, he is a charmer and a diplomat, but there is no way he could be as smart as Bean. but that is my second point. Bean's intelligence in many places borders on clairvoyance. Its as if he is so smart that he can see small bits of the future and this allows him to win time and again. **spoiler** Such as knowing that putting Petra in the first cab would be dangerous for her in Shadow Puppets. How did he know? As well, the character of Peter is kind of watered down in the Shadow series as opposed to when we first meet him in EG. I wish we could have seen Peter as the ruthless, stop at nothing kid he was in the original, rather than the pansy who takes cues from mom and dad in Hegemon and Puppets. I understand that Card was trying to show how the lion was humbled so to speak, but it seems like Peter in EG and Peter in the Shadow series are two different people. Side from the characterizations, I loved the plotlines in the Shadow series. Like I said, I like a good political thriller and this was just that, with a lot of military, morality, religion and science thrown in. OSC knows how to weave a good story and does just that in this series.

petraXthebest
Launchie
Launchie

Postby petraXthebest » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:08 pm

im in love with bean, what can i say. had me from the first second....

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”