Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead time/year

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
Haqu
Launchie
Launchie

Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead time/year

Postby Haqu » Fri May 24, 2013 12:21 pm

Hello!
I know, that "Speaker for the Dead" is set approx. 3000 years after "Ender's Game", but it starts by words "in 1830..." - what does it mean? Is it different unit of time? I'm trying to figure out what event started a new era (like B.C and A.C) Was it a xenocide? If yes, should not it be "in 3000..." or something like that? Or maybe it was the first invasion? I've read "edner's Game" "Ender on Exile" and "Speaker for the Dead" and i really don't know why the last one starts with that date. Maybe I'm just dumb, but if anyone could explain this to me, that would be great :thumbs:

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead time/year

Postby spanish_rockette » Sat May 25, 2013 7:38 am

Correct me if I am wrong but I'm believe that the dates "restarted" after the adoption of Starways Code or Starways Congress (I forgot which one its called)
"leaving both her husbands behind, the one whose life had a monument and a book, and the one whose only monument was in her heart."

Vitaly Kolmogorov
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Vitaly Kolmogorov » Sat May 25, 2013 10:04 am

yes, its reletive to the adaption of starways congress [years] BSC (before starwys congress) and [years] ASC (After Starways Congress) :)
Vitaly Kolmogorov
GovAct%ShakespeareCol@colmin.gov :stamp:

Ansible
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Ansible » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:22 pm

Another good question before that's answered; When does Earth Unaware take place?

I think OSC made the Enderverse so there is no certain time. Of course it's in the future, but that's the fun and mystery of it. There's no certain prediction based on evolution in technology either... Weren't we supposed to have jetpacks and hoverboards by now? :wink:

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”