Ender's Shadow Entrance Timer?

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
Kaydon
Launchie
Launchie

Ender's Shadow Entrance Timer?

Postby Kaydon » Wed May 01, 2013 8:02 pm

Ender's Shadow Entrance Timer to Battle Room Last Battle in Battle school?

Am I missing something, is there reference to a rule that put into place for commanders to come through the battle room door?
In Ender's Shadow in the last battle Bean uses his cord to get info on the two Army's. Then he looks back and see's Ender appear before some entrance timer runs out? Ender's team remains out side of the battle room in the corridor. Is there mention of this rule in the short story of Ender's game? Ender also ask, I wonder how long they gave the other two army's to get of of the door. I think that he means that did they give them more time before Ender team was let in. I'm conflicted with this because in the battle against Salamander Ender and is Army did not enter until way after any time could have disqualified them?

There is no mention of the Entrance Timer in Ender's Game which make me think i'm missing something else where.

Can't wait for the Movie! I like Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow. Not so much on Shadow Puppets. Any suggestions on which one i might like next?

Thanks,

Kaydon

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Re: Ender's Shadow Entrance Timer?

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sun May 05, 2013 12:41 am

Shadow of the Hegemon is supposed to come before Shadow Puppets so that might have been why you didn't enjoy SP as much. Did you read that one first or did I just miss something?

interesting observation... I looked back to that spot in the book and I couldn't figure it out either. I think that there is some mention of a timer that times how long the commanders and army's get to see through the gate, while it is transparent, before entering, but I didn't think there was one determining how long before the commander was required to enter the room...

Welcome to pweb by the way! :grouphug:
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Kaydon
Launchie
Launchie

Re: Ender's Shadow Entrance Timer?

Postby Kaydon » Tue May 07, 2013 8:21 am

Thank you TerresaWiggin! I enjoyed the the Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow that it's nice to have a forum to talk about them.
I thought the timer may have been listed in the Short story.

I have not read Shadow of the Hegemon yet, i will read it. I need to find a correct listing of the books in order.
I did not like the weakness portrayed in Peter Wiggin. I thought he would have been a lot more strong minded.

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”