Enders Game

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
eric2527
Launchie
Launchie

Enders Game

Postby eric2527 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:19 pm

The moment I picked this book up and started to read it I was entranced by it. I was completely immersed in it and my imagination went wild. It was like I was a little kid again just daydreaming and viewing the world as a playground. All of it was very refreshing. Ender Wiggin, the smartest kid ever to walk the earth, made me believe that anything is possible again. Orson Scott Card really outdid himself in my opinion with this book. The way he built up excitement and made you feel the emotions of the characters. Every battle that dragon army fought in and every fight that Ender engaged in made me get a little andrenalin rush myself. The content of the book never was dull for even a moment and even after I would stop reading I was still thinking back on the parts that I had read already asking what if. I have never read a book that had me thinking like a character in the book itself. I loved this book from the first page straight through until the end. In my mind this is without a doubt one of the best science fiction books ever written.

KennEnder
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Secret Agent Man
First Joined: 0- 0-2000

Re: Enders Game

Postby KennEnder » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:41 pm

I was (essentially) a kid (18 yo) when I read it back in 1985! I shared it with MANY of my friends, and read it aloud to my cabins when I was a summer camp counselor... nobody EVER fell asleep (although that was sort of the point of reading a book at night) and they BEGGED me to read it even during the afternoon "rest" hour.

I actually got a few other counselors to start reading it during later sessions, and our cabins had mock battles (basically variations of flag football / freeze tag). It inspired MANY kids there, as well as counselors... it was an amazing catalyst for all.

So yes, I understand completely :)
Share this dragon - If you do - Lucky end - For them and you! Petra

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Re: Enders Game

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:50 pm

My first time reading EG I was 9, almost as young as Ender and I was able to relate so well. To me the book encompasses an idea of youth the way no other does. The first time I read EG I cried and still do sometimes, the book is a work of art and one of the reasons this site is great. I believe that everyone here has a bit of battle school brilliance in them and it makes the discussions great. Yes the book is violent at times but reading it was a childhood experience like no other and I wouldn't give it up for the world.
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”