Ender's Game

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
Rocket USA
Launchie
Launchie

Ender's Game

Postby Rocket USA » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:16 am

I am also a member of the UMD course assigned this novel. I am so glad this book was brought back into my life. When I was a little kid, my Dad would tell me stories about Ender and Bean from Ender's Game and its 4 or 5 sequels. I loved hearing about the boy who didn't have any friends but was so pure and strong he was able to lead armies.

What's strange about this is I never read the book. I had some difficulty reading in my youth and by the time I was able to, I wasn't interested in what I thought was a little kid stuff. Now, here I am assigned a book as a college senior that I thought was to childish to read in sixth grade. That being said, this book is wonderful. It made me feel like an isolated kid, in a good and inspiring way. It is energizing reading about the young boy who is master of his domain. It makes me want to go out and do noble deeds. Today, I think I will. Let's all try to be a little more like Ender today.

But, do not kick when they are down. :wink:

KennEnder
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Secret Agent Man
First Joined: 0- 0-2000

Re: Ender's Game

Postby KennEnder » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:07 am

Glad to hear the book inspires you as much now as it did back then. Maybe now you understand more why your dad liked it so much that he felt he had to he share it with you. :)

I think there are many lessons to learn from this book... one of which is surely "don't kick while they're down" ... but sometimes, of course, a low blow is the only way for the little guy to win.

:bow:

Welcome to Philotic Web.
Share this dragon - If you do - Lucky end - For them and you! Petra

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:27 am

That is a pretty awesome background story! Welcome to Pweb; I hope you stick around. :)
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Tiny genius » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:07 am

When you read the book did you have that "oh..., I remember this one'? I know I did when I first read H2G2 and recognised some stuff that my older brother had told me about it when I was really young and didn't get half of it.

As for not kicking while the enemy is down, I've taken a few cheap shots in my life (mainly verbal ones) and won, I've always felt almost as much an outcast as Ender in my classes at school.

P.S. Typing 'enemy is down' is fun simply because right now I'm wearing my "Remember: The enemy's gate is down." t-shirt.
"Other universes may exist, but ours seems to be based on war and games" - William S. Burroughs

EnderX
Launchie
Launchie

Postby EnderX » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:30 pm

It is truly amazing! I am on my second trip through Ender's world and I still can't get enough of it! The only wish I have is that I had someone close to me who I could share, discuss and analyze everything with. I usually end up just going through everything in my head! lol It really makes me ache to want to be that intelligent! I am glad though that I can be a part of a real jeesh who enjoys Enderverse!!!
"Real respect takes longer than official respect."

-Ender's Game-

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”