Reactions to Ender's Game

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
mill3286
Launchie
Launchie

Reactions to Ender's Game

Postby mill3286 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Reading Ender's Game reminded me the Hunger Games movie. I had never read the Hunger Games before but I saw it in theaters about a month or two ago. I liked the Hunger Games and how information was widely spread in Ender's Game just like in the Hunger Games. Also, the battle aspect of Ender's Game relates to the Hunger Games as well obviously. I think this story also goes through different emotional connections between the characters in it just like there are in the Hunger Games. You have a story of comradery and friendship, some feelings of betrayal too. It will be exciting to see the Ender's Game movie in 2013!

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Re: Reactions to Ender's Game

Postby Tiny genius » Thu May 10, 2012 1:51 am

Eh, very exciting!
I've not heard of this comparison between EG and THG but it has its merits.

Read The Hunger Games, its great and better than the movie.

Read the rest of the Ender books too, they are fantastic and better than The Hunger Games.

P.S. Welcome to Pweb!
"Other universes may exist, but ours seems to be based on war and games" - William S. Burroughs

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri May 11, 2012 9:37 am

They both have children thrust into warlike situations where they are pushed to/past their limits. I can see why you might compare the two. :)
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:38 pm

I get the comparison, but I don't feel the books are written similarly.
Suzann Collins writing has a very different tone than Cards.
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”