First Time Reader

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
nieb0026
Launchie
Launchie

First Time Reader

Postby nieb0026 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:05 pm

I just got done reading Ender's Game for the first time and was fascinated with numerous aspects of the novel. Two things that stood out above the rest that made me love this book revolved around the aspect of sports. The competitive vibes that I got from this book were great. I could relate to this story because I knew how Ender has felt. When I was Ender's age and growing up as a child I used to be very involved in sports. I knew how Ender felt wanting to win, but even more than that I could relate to everyone else wanting to be the one to beat him. The other thing that made me enjoy this book was Orson Scott Card's ability to describe the battle scenes. The author had be floating through the air and had the ability to make me feel as if I was there. The combination of this competitive side and Orsons ability to write made me not able to set the book down. I am excited to read the rest of the series!

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Re: First Time Reader

Postby Tiny genius » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:49 pm

Hello nieb and welcome to the Philotic Web, Pweb!

I was never a very sporty person but have recently become involved in blind cricket and goalball.
I could relate to Ender as well because, although I didn't play sports, I did have the competitive drive that the BS testing program looked for.

The rest of the series is AWESOME and just wait until you read the Shadow books. If you have anywhere near my reaction to them, you'll come to love both Ender and Bean. This is something OSC does REALLY well.
"Other universes may exist, but ours seems to be based on war and games" - William S. Burroughs

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”