Volesku and descoladores

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Volesku and descoladores

Postby Tiny genius » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:49 am

Maybe SiF contradicts this, I haven't got the audio book yet. At the end of SotG, they said that they would send Volesku (hope i spelled it right) off to do genetic research in space. He would be sent off with and used by a colony. Given that he was nuts and obsessed with what he saw as improving species, could it be that the Descolada, a miracle of genetic engineering, is the fruit of all his labors? The ultimate survivor and adapter? Maybe the Descoladores are something he created too.
"Other universes may exist, but ours seems to be based on war and games" - William S. Burroughs

UnnDunn
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Volesku and descoladores

Postby UnnDunn » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:18 pm

Maybe SiF contradicts this, I haven't got the audio book yet. At the end of SotG, they said that they would send Volesku (hope i spelled it right) off to do genetic research in space. He would be sent off with and used by a colony. Given that he was nuts and obsessed with what he saw as improving species, could it be that the Descolada, a miracle of genetic engineering, is the fruit of all his labors? The ultimate survivor and adapter? Maybe the Descoladores are something he created too.
Volescu was a prisoner of the IF on death row; they said he'd be released and sent to a colony if (and only if) he found a cure for Anton's Key.

To say any more would be to spoil a key plot point in SiF, so I won't.

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Tiny genius » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:50 am

Thanks for responding.

I was beginning to think I had said something unnutterably stupid.
He could have found the cure and then did the Descolada job but I'll have to re-read SotG.

As for that spoiler, I heard somewhere that the Descolada contains the cure for the giantism so if that's what you're worried about... ALREADY HAPPENED.
"Other universes may exist, but ours seems to be based on war and games" - William S. Burroughs

UnnDunn
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UnnDunn » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Thanks for responding.

I was beginning to think I had said something unnutterably stupid.
He could have found the cure and then did the Descolada job but I'll have to re-read SotG.

As for that spoiler, I heard somewhere that the Descolada contains the cure for the giantism so if that's what you're worried about... ALREADY HAPPENED.
I will neither confirm nor deny.

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Tiny genius » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Well aren't you the consumate secret keeper? That's cool. If people make neutral or even better NO comments I'm happy. Seemingly neutral comments can sometimes tell you something through their neutrality but I won't analyse your's and so keep it a surprise for myself.

HAPPY HUNGER GAMES!

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Tiny genius » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:42 am

Damn me and my subconscious analysis (I have to be less like Bean).
I analyzed it anyway without meaning to and decided that there's no danger of a spoiler in denial because it just means that the spoiler could be one of infinitely many things but not that one. Therefore you are concealing a confirmation rather than a denial. SMEG!

There is danger in becoming too much like your heroes, however fictional they may be.

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Tiny genius » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:47 am

You didn't really say this but I'll make it as if you did.
Let's see if this fake quoting works.

UnnDunn
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UnnDunn » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:23 pm

Um... no comment? :P

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Damn me and my subconscious analysis (I have to be less like Bean).
I analyzed it anyway without meaning to and decided that there's no danger of a spoiler in denial because it just means that the spoiler could be one of infinitely many things but not that one. Therefore you are concealing a confirmation rather than a denial. SMEG!

There is danger in becoming too much like your heroes, however fictional they may be.

Your Uname kinda gives away that you don't mind being like Bean,
anyways your thoughts sound pretty good.
Don't stop analyzing just stop focusing on your analysis.
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”