My Reaction

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
japlesko88
Launchie
Launchie

My Reaction

Postby japlesko88 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:10 pm

This was the first time I have read Ender's Game, and I know I will read it again soon. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and there is nothing that I would change about. It kept my interest the whole time, and I never wanted to put it down. I cannot wait for the movie to come out, and I hope the follow the book exactly. The ending is what made the book I believe. How it ended just made complete sense to me, even though I wanted Ender to be able to go home and be a normal kid, I still knew that it could never end that way. I cannot wait to read the rest of the series, especially the book that comes from the point of view of Bean. This book has now been added to my favorites list, and it is an amazing science fiction novel!

carte472
Launchie
Launchie

Re: My Reaction

Postby carte472 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:26 am

I totally agree with you about the end of the book. I think its what really made it great. To see how much Ender has to endure not only from other kids but also from adults who, in our society, were set up in these places to protect the children and be there for help. It makes you feel kind of helpless to see what happens to Ender, but then when he is used and kills an entire species pretty much, when he is made to believe that they are the enemy. To find out when you just killed so many for the simple reason of ignorance. I think it is such a powerful ending.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:20 pm

Hey, both of you, and welcome to the forum! Sorry that we've let these posts moulder here for a while without a proper response and greeting, but welcome!

We're probably going to be getting an influx of new users due to the movie now starting filming/preproduction/what have you, but welcome! Obviously you can feel free to talk about Ender's Game-related stuff over on this side of the forum, but all of us oldies suggest (heartily) that you check out the Milagre Town Square section of the forum. Don't be shy or scared! We don't bite and adore newbies. Just, some of us have been talking about EG for so long that we have run out of things to say, and forget to look in on the whole reason this board exists!

How did both of you stumble upon the book? Suggested/required reading?
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

carte472
Launchie
Launchie

Postby carte472 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:56 am

Well I read the book as an assignment for my science fiction class I am taking, but when I told my friends I was reading i they all said they had already read it and that it was really good book. I don't get a lot of time to read due to work and class, so this science fiction class was kind of refreshing from the average class. :)

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”