The Path of Wang-mu

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
ptr.arkanian
Soldier
Soldier

The Path of Wang-mu

Postby ptr.arkanian » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:39 am

"I know because I was also broken as a child and forced to become a wicked, conniving, selfish, manipulating monster in order to protect the fragile love-hungry girl who would have been destroyed by the life I had to lead. I know how it feels to be an enemy to myself., and yet I have set that behind me and gone on and I can take Peter by the hand and show him the way."
-[i] Children of the Mind[/i]

Since her character enters the Speaker series as it is reaching its climax, Wang-mu remains a mystery to the reader. Yet, she is an extraordinarily complex character, as one may note from her intellectual insights and sudden emotional outbursts. Of her childhood, we know only that her family was relatively poor and that she was born on Path. The quote mentioned above in one of the only instances in which Wang-mu discusses her former life in detail; yet, this passage only opens the door for more unanswered questions.

This is why I pose this question to my fellow readers: What do you infer about Wang-mu's past, and how do you think it will affect her future? Is there more to this poor servant girl than what meets the eye?
Share this dragon
If you do
Lucky end for
them and you
-Petra Arkanian

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Re: The Path of Wang-mu

Postby neo-dragon » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:46 am

I never really thought that there was more to Wang-mu than what's meets the eye. We know that she is quite ambitious and willing to go to extreme measures to fulfill her goals, as it is strongly implied if not openly stated that she provided sexual favours to some guy in order to have an opportunity to meet Quing-Jao.

I imagine this is due to her frustration at having the enhanced intellect of a godspoken while being destined to be a poor and uneducated servant girl. Thus, she understands Peter's ambition and his willingness to go to extremes to satisfy it.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”