Formic War comics?

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
Framling
Launchie
Launchie

Formic War comics?

Postby Framling » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Saw one of these at a bookstore the other day. It was the last in a series of 7. I skimmed it a bit; Mazer Rackham was a character. Are these any Good? How much involvement does OSC have? Any chance of these getting expanded into novels?
I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Re: Formic War comics?

Postby locke » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:54 pm

yes, Aaron Johnston is adapting it to novel form, with OSC overseeing but not cowriting.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Framling
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Framling » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:50 am

Hmmmm I'm not sure how I feel about it. I've read everything in the Enderverse including the IGMS short stories. Has anybody read these? Are the Formics shown to be totally irredeemable or do we get clues that they really don't understand what they are doing? Are we ok with opening this up to other authors? I guess I am, But I wish they would wait until SA and SiF come out so new authors would have access to ideas from the whole Enderverse.
I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:06 am

yes, Aaron Johnston is adapting it to novel form, with OSC overseeing but not cowriting.
I did not know this. I didn't think that OSC would let another author play in his sandbox. Do we have a release date?
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”