Hardcovers

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
ryanm814
Launchie
Launchie

Hardcovers

Postby ryanm814 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:06 pm

So, why are the hard cover copies of Ender's Shadow and Xenocide smaller than the rest of the books? Has anyone else run into this or do I just have some weird copies?

Thanks.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Book club editions tend to be smaller. Other than that, they're usually the same size.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:36 pm

My COTM is actually the odd duck in my hardback collection. When my mom was ordering the series to gift me, there was no other option via the company the library orders through. I'm not sure where else she checked after that but she couldn't find any bigger than the one I got.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

ryanm814
Launchie
Launchie

Postby ryanm814 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:18 pm

Interesting, does anyone know where to find the normal sized versions then? I think I bought all mine from Amazon and received various sizes and I can't seem to find any sites that specify the size.

Thanks!

HectorVictorious
Launchie
Launchie

Postby HectorVictorious » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:49 pm

if you buy the box set they come in the same size. my ES and EiE copies are way bigger than any of my other ones, and SotH is way smaller.

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Prodigal Son

Re: Hardcovers

Postby Taalcon » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:49 pm

My hardcovers of Speaker, Xenocide, Children of the Mind, Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets, and Shadow of the Giant are all the same height.

My other hardcovers (First Meetings: EnderCon version, First Meetings: Mass Market, A War of Gifts, Shadows in Flight) are all over the place size-wise.

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”