Shakespeare and Ganges

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
Deep_Thought42
Launchie
Launchie

Shakespeare and Ganges

Postby Deep_Thought42 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:51 pm

How long was Ender on Eros before his colony ship left? Orson Scott Card doesn't mention it, but, from the events of the Shadow saga it must have been a while because Virlomi, at least to my limited understanding of relativistic space flghtt, would have had to leave for Ganges before Ender left for Shakespeare... Wait. Nevermind, Shakespeare was the first colony Bugger planet.

Here's my questions then.
How long was Ender on Eros before his colony ship left?
Did Virlomi's ship leave first? My understanding is Ganges is further out than Shakespeare. I could be wrong, though, which happens a lot.

I look forward to your respons

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Ender's was the first colony ship. Period. I'm not sure how the timeline or distances work out, but I think that Ender spent several months to a year on Eros and the events of the Shadow books span about 5-6 years I think based on what's said of the Jeesh members ages. A better question might be how long did Ender spend on Shakespeare?
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

StrivingForSatyagraha
Launchie
Launchie

Postby StrivingForSatyagraha » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:19 am

Also just an extension on neo's answer, taking into the account of the exponential growth of technology, it is possible that maybe Ender's ship went 30 miles per second slower than light, while Virlomi's only went 5 miles per second slower, thus increasing the relativistic time it would take Ender to reach Shakespeare.
And I always wonder-- Where is my Briseis

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”