Last Battle at the Command School

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
omers030
Launchie
Launchie

Last Battle at the Command School

Postby omers030 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:00 pm

I would like to know how people felt when Ender was told he had won that final battle and had destroyed the Formic. I perceived Ender as feeling taken advantage of. Obviously it was thought of as being necessary, but it made the whole war seem like some video game (reflecting the title, of course).

Also, how exactly Ender was able to command those in battle is not clear to me, nor did it seem to be so to Ender. I imagined that his team’s motions were displayed and mimicked by those doing the actual fighting or something of the like.

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:40 pm

From what I remember, Ender was wearing a headset that connected to the headsets of the jeesh. He could talk to different people using different buttons. The Jeesh were wearing headsets, and depending which way they turned/tilted their heads, they could communicate with the other people. (Something like Up talks to Commander, Down talks to the soldiers under you, Sideways talks to other jeesh members...) So Ender commands Jeesh, Jeesh commands soldiers on ship, soldiers on ship control ship, and all the moves of the ship are shown to Ender who proceeds to command Jeesh, and so on.
I also remember something along the lines of "Ender continued to watch as the ships on the screen moved, and as the Doctor Device made it's way to the planet's surface" So Ender and the Jeesh never controlled the ships, they commanded the people who controlled the ships.
Does that explain much? I think all the details were in ES, not EG, but I haven't read either in a while.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spanish_rockette » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:07 pm

ES is more detailed that EG.
"leaving both her husbands behind, the one whose life had a monument and a book, and the one whose only monument was in her heart."

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”