You know you've read too much EG when...

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
Taft
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:02 pm
Contact:

Postby Taft » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:01 am

Gravity Defier wrote:
Jeesh_girl15 wrote:It's to hard to change my train of thought.


I'm going to be rude now, but no, it's really not too hard...you're just lazy.

Which is fine since it's just food and a set of characters. Just thought I'd point out that you mixed up the two cultures somehow. :)

*ahem*
The Enemy's Gate Is Down

And yes, that's a sign I've read too much Ender's Game. As is my Halloween costume, come to think of it...

User avatar
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 pm
Title: The Bombadil
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Postby elfprince13 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:43 am

When you have dreams about playing weightless laser tag in the band room.
Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."
Image

User avatar
Astrum
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:11 pm

Postby Astrum » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:50 pm

When your posting on this forum.
I'm too bored to think of some witty remark to go here. Just imagine there is one and laugh at how funny it is.

Taft
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:02 pm
Contact:

Postby Taft » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:22 pm

elfprince13 wrote:When you have dreams about playing weightless laser tag in the band room.

You just reminded me of when I mentally turned my math classroom 90 degrees on end or upside down some days during class. Come to think of it, I did the same during exams.

Norway
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:56 pm

Postby Norway » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:41 pm

When You've read every page of this thread even though you don't need to.

And when you're highly disappointed that EG used to be on the english syllabus and now is not, and even then your school doesn't do it.

And When You're kinda glad that your library only had it on Cd - just because it means you have a copy.

When you get excited because you find someone left their due date slip in the middle of Hedgmon, just because it means that someone in your area has actually read it. (I think I'm going to leave mine and my username on my slip for this site in it now lol )
Share this dragon.
If you do,
lucky end for
them and you.

User avatar
Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:37 pm
Title: Game Room Junkie
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Postby Peterlover14 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:48 pm

When you freak out when you see the word Petrachan in English class.

When you freak out when you meet a kid named Nikolai.

When everything that relates to space reminds you of EG.

When your the only one in your English class you reads the whole series and not just EG.
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

User avatar
zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Posts: 2740
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:29 pm
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001
Location: Where you least expect me.
Contact:

Postby zeroguy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:22 am

When you post 18 times in the span of three hours in the enderverse forum of all places. Seriously.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

User avatar
Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:23 pm
Title: Procrastination Fairy
Location: Wherever I wanna be

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:13 am

Exactly... I thought it was funny :D
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

User avatar
Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1782
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:34 pm
Title: Game Room Addict
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Contact:

Postby Sonikku13 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:43 pm

The kid who posted 18 times in the span of three hours finally got me to join.
Last edited by Sonikku13 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TG M203 Bunker, PFC, 1st Corps, CoD Division, PC Brigade, 1st BTN, Chungking (ST) Squad, SM

I've had 102 nukes on MW2.

I have Asperger Syndrome (I was diagnosed at birth). It's categorized as a "disability".

Image

User avatar
Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:23 pm
Title: Procrastination Fairy
Location: Wherever I wanna be

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:04 am

Ohhh, so, you know Peterlover?
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

User avatar
Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1782
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:34 pm
Title: Game Room Addict
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Contact:

Postby Sonikku13 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:18 am

Eh, I meant his post rampage influenced me to join. I don't know him from what I know, though the things he said were eerily similar to what I felt when I read EG this year. Got too obsessed with it. Right now I have the EG comics and the book sitting next to me.
TG M203 Bunker, PFC, 1st Corps, CoD Division, PC Brigade, 1st BTN, Chungking (ST) Squad, SM



I've had 102 nukes on MW2.



I have Asperger Syndrome (I was diagnosed at birth). It's categorized as a "disability".



Image

User avatar
Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:37 pm
Title: Game Room Junkie
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Postby Peterlover14 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:16 am

I posted that many times?

Oh, and i'm a chick by the way.
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"



-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

User avatar
Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1782
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:34 pm
Title: Game Room Addict
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Contact:

Postby Sonikku13 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:23 pm

Proves a point, I don't know you. And the number of posts doesn't matter, it still was influential enough for me.
TG M203 Bunker, PFC, 1st Corps, CoD Division, PC Brigade, 1st BTN, Chungking (ST) Squad, SM



I've had 102 nukes on MW2.



I have Asperger Syndrome (I was diagnosed at birth). It's categorized as a "disability".



Image

User avatar
Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:37 pm
Title: Game Room Junkie
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Postby Peterlover14 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:52 pm

Infleuntial? Are we talking about me or what cause it's not like I posted anything special.
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"



-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

User avatar
Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1782
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:34 pm
Title: Game Room Addict
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Contact:

Postby Sonikku13 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:23 pm

Let me tell you more about me. I'm an isolated person. Thanks to EG, I now don't look at that isolation as a setback, but as more of a strength in intelligence. So it wasn't the content, it was basically you posting and then reviving the whole EG thread space in the matter of three hours. Actions, not words, in this case. It's praise which I'm trying to give.
TG M203 Bunker, PFC, 1st Corps, CoD Division, PC Brigade, 1st BTN, Chungking (ST) Squad, SM



I've had 102 nukes on MW2.



I have Asperger Syndrome (I was diagnosed at birth). It's categorized as a "disability".



Image

User avatar
Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:37 pm
Title: Game Room Junkie
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Postby Peterlover14 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:47 pm

I guess I kinda see now. Thanks? :)
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"



-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

User avatar
Aesculapius
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Postby Aesculapius » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:07 am

When I was first reading the Ender's Game series I had a couple dreams I was out in space fighting against the Buggers (before I read Speaker for the Dead). I also had a dream I met a pequenino. It was really quite odd. It just proves how obsessed I am over anything to do with Ender's Game.
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
-Benjamin Franklin

Aesculapiüs

User avatar
Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:37 pm
Title: Game Room Junkie
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Postby Peterlover14 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:17 pm

Hahaha you met a piggie? What did he look like? He didn't try to plant you did he? Ha! :wink:
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"



-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

User avatar
bmirheli
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:28 am

Postby bmirheli » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:50 pm

When someone asks you "Ender or Bean?" and you say "For me it's a tie between Alai, Han Tzu, Suriyawong, and Dink...NO WAIT! Peter by a landslide." Then leave the conversation to reflect on the question in private.
My hands are clean, but not because I wasn't prepared to bloody them

User avatar
Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:37 pm
Title: Game Room Junkie
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Postby Peterlover14 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:04 pm

Well, of course Peter would win:)

You know you've read too much Ender when your English teacher takes the books off the book list and you want to yell at her.
Last edited by Peterlover14 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"



-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

User avatar
bmirheli
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:28 am

Postby bmirheli » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:48 am

You know you've read the books too much when someone asks "Weren't you reading that book last month? Aren't you done with it yet?" and you reply "Yea i finished it last week, I'm just reading it again" then fail to understand why they find that strange
My hands are clean, but not because I wasn't prepared to bloody them

User avatar
Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:23 pm
Title: Procrastination Fairy
Location: Wherever I wanna be

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:27 pm

I admit, that's funny :)
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

User avatar
Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:37 pm
Title: Game Room Junkie
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Postby Peterlover14 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:33 pm

When you check to see if you have a response to your post every two hours.

Sigh, I'm obsessed.
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"



-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

User avatar
Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:23 pm
Title: Procrastination Fairy
Location: Wherever I wanna be

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:10 pm

Hehehehe, that was me over the summer... *more nostalgia...* (Geez, I need to stop that.)
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

User avatar
Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1782
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:34 pm
Title: Game Room Addict
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Contact:

Postby Sonikku13 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:34 pm

I related some Ender's Game characters to the NFL. Ender Wiggin - quarterback. He was the commander in the Third Formic War, and the quarterback is the leader on the field. Julian Delphiki - referee. He watches everyone, and referees make sure rules are followed. Petra Arkanian - #1 wide reciever. She was always the reliable one for Ender Wiggin until she broke down. Bonzo Madrid, Bernard and Stilson - defensive line. Bonzo and Stilson wanted to beat up Ender Wiggin, and the defensive line's job is to put pressure on the quarterback. As I put Ender as my QB, these two are perfect for the defensive line. Bernard is on defensive line too because he never was one of Ender's friends. Lets say it's a 3-4 defense, because in Ender's mind, he doesn't like Peter Wiggin, but I can't justify putting him on the defensive line, as Peter loved Ender, Peter just wasn't able to show it. Alai - center. Alai was one of Ender's first true friends, and the center and the QB need a good snap every play, so I put Alai as center. Han Tzu - cornerback. He was able to fend off attacks on China when he was leader of China, and the cornerback needs to defend against passes, so Han Tzu makes sense here. Carn Carby, Dink Meeker, Shen, Crazy Tom - offensive line. These four, among others, were in Ender's jeesh, they would follow Ender no matter what, if he needed them. It makes sense to put them as offensive linemen, a quarterback needs protection from a rush. I'll put more later as I think of them... any more ideas?
TG M203 Bunker, PFC, 1st Corps, CoD Division, PC Brigade, 1st BTN, Chungking (ST) Squad, SM



I've had 102 nukes on MW2.



I have Asperger Syndrome (I was diagnosed at birth). It's categorized as a "disability".



Image

User avatar
Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:37 pm
Title: Game Room Junkie
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Postby Peterlover14 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:39 pm

Hahaha. Well, I'm not that imaginitive, and I don't watch football often, but that makes a lot of sense.

When I hear the song "From Yesterday"by 30 seconds to mars, Ender is always there in my head. It relates to him a lot.
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"



-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

Glass
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: Ganges Colony
Contact:

Postby Glass » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:31 pm

When you think Novinha is crazy and you ponder better companionship choices for Ender. :oops:
"...there silence suggested that they didn't want to talk about what they didn't want to talk about."

-from Teacher's Pest

User avatar
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Posts: 7827
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:32 pm
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:50 pm

Glass wrote:When you think Novinha is crazy and you ponder better companionship choices for Ender. :oops:


Novinha is crazy. But I sort of resent people thinking that makes her undeserving of Ender.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

User avatar
Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Posts: 1782
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:34 pm
Title: Game Room Addict
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Contact:

Postby Sonikku13 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:55 pm

Gravity Defier wrote:
Glass wrote:When you think Novinha is crazy and you ponder better companionship choices for Ender. :oops:


Novinha is crazy. But I sort of resent people thinking that makes her undeserving of Ender.


By that logic, I'm crazy! I see some of Novinha in me, because she voluntarily isolates myself, like me.
TG M203 Bunker, PFC, 1st Corps, CoD Division, PC Brigade, 1st BTN, Chungking (ST) Squad, SM



I've had 102 nukes on MW2.



I have Asperger Syndrome (I was diagnosed at birth). It's categorized as a "disability".



Image

Glass
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: Ganges Colony
Contact:

Postby Glass » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:15 pm

Gravity Defier wrote:
Glass wrote:When you think Novinha is crazy and you ponder better companionship choices for Ender. :oops:


Novinha is crazy. But I sort of resent people thinking that makes her undeserving of Ender.


Why do you suppose that from any amount of women that Ender was in contact with he decided to marry Novinha? why not Alessandra? Perhaps it was because he wanted permanent ties to Listuiania? I dont feel that there connection was "Love" it was purely business concerning the colony.
"...there silence suggested that they didn't want to talk about what they didn't want to talk about."



-from Teacher's Pest

User avatar
neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Posts: 2513
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:26 pm
Title: Huey Revolutionary
Location: Canada

Postby neo-dragon » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:24 pm

Nah, I'm pretty sure Ender loved her. Hell, Ender even loved his enemies. Probably not in the same way though.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

User avatar
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Posts: 7827
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:32 pm
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:27 pm

Glass wrote:
Gravity Defier wrote:
Glass wrote:When you think Novinha is crazy and you ponder better companionship choices for Ender. :oops:


Novinha is crazy. But I sort of resent people thinking that makes her undeserving of Ender.


Why do you suppose that from any amount of women that Ender was in contact with he decided to marry Novinha? why not Alessandra? Perhaps it was because he wanted permanent ties to Listuiania? I dont feel that there connection was "Love" it was purely business concerning the colony.


For starters, Ender was a teenager when he met Alessandra and in my opinion, not ready for marriage or likely even a typical teenage relationship at that point. He wasn't a typical teenager in any way, shape, or form and to expect him to fall in love with one of the first non-Battle School females he spends some not insignificant time with is kind of far-fetched. Not only because he had just gotten out of military school where he grew up for all intents and purposes, not only because he just got out of a war, but because he just put himself one step away from entirely wiping out a whole species and killed two kids as part of the process.

To put it lightly, he was no God, no infallible hero...he was just as f****** up in the head as Novinha, only he had thousands of years, thanks to technology, to reconcile his demons as best as he could and deal with what he couldn't until the Hive Queen was back. She was his first priority, the woman in his life so to speak, which makes it hard to devote yourself to someone else.

I imagine meeting Novinha was a lot like meeting a kindred spirit, someone who was no more broken than he was and just as intelligent, if not moreso in her own area of expertise. It is entirely possible that he saw the chance for her to help him as much as he thought he could help her; you know, birds of a feather...two tortured souls, both carrying the weight of their own worlds on their shoulders, and yet able to connect. It is entirely plausible in my mind that they could and would fall in love.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Glass
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: Ganges Colony
Contact:

Postby Glass » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:39 pm

Gravity Defier wrote:
Glass wrote:
Gravity Defier wrote:
Glass wrote:When you think Novinha is crazy and you ponder better companionship choices for Ender. :oops:


Novinha is crazy. But I sort of resent people thinking that makes her undeserving of Ender.


Why do you suppose that from any amount of women that Ender was in contact with he decided to marry Novinha? why not Alessandra? Perhaps it was because he wanted permanent ties to Listuiania? I dont feel that there connection was "Love" it was purely business concerning the colony.


For starters, Ender was a teenager when he met Alessandra and in my opinion, not ready for marriage or likely even a typical teenage relationship at that point. He wasn't a typical teenager in any way, shape, or form and to expect him to fall in love with one of the first non-Battle School females he spends some not insignificant time with is kind of far-fetched. Not only because he had just gotten out of military school where he grew up for all intents and purposes, not only because he just got out of a war, but because he just put himself one step away from entirely wiping out a whole species and killed two kids as part of the process.

To put it lightly, he was no God, no infallible hero...he was just as f****** up in the head as Novinha, only he had thousands of years, thanks to technology, to reconcile his demons as best as he could and deal with what he couldn't until the Hive Queen was back. She was his first priority, the woman in his life so to speak, which makes it hard to devote yourself to someone else.

I imagine meeting Novinha was a lot like meeting a kindred spirit, someone who was no more broken than he was and just as intelligent, if not moreso in her own area of expertise. It is entirely possible that he saw the chance for her to help him as much as he thought he could help her; you know, birds of a feather...two tortured souls, both carrying the weight of their own worlds on their shoulders, and yet able to connect. It is entirely plausible in my mind that they could and would fall in love.


But, you have to admit when compared to the love between Bean and Petra, Ender's emotions are very much so subdued.
"...there silence suggested that they didn't want to talk about what they didn't want to talk about."



-from Teacher's Pest

User avatar
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Posts: 7827
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:32 pm
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:48 pm

To be honest, I thought Bean and Petra's relationship felt very contrived, since I felt that Bean was incapable of being nearly human enough to let his feelings overrule his logic (I didn't think he was nearly human enough until the very last book in that series) enough to fall in love but that may be due to my thinking the whole Shadow series was bunk. Even so, it's not up to anyone outside of Ender and Novinha to decide what intensity pushes their relationship into the "real love" zone and trying to compare any two couples in literature or life is unfair to both (couples, not literature and life).
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Glass
Launchie
Launchie
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: Ganges Colony
Contact:

Postby Glass » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:30 pm

In reference to the humanity of Bean, Petra is very much so human she responded emotionally to Bean in a "loving" way. I didn't feel that his genetic abnormality made him less human. What is the true meaning of human to be exact? Any form of disease can be considered a genetic abnormality, in this case it was giantitis. But of course his condition wasn't a result of nature it was man-made. Could you therefore assume that any form of man made medication can be considered an obstruction of Humanity? For example, anti-depressants suppress an emotion, emotions are a behavior of humans, one could say the action of emotions are a primary component of humans. No one is human anymore, genetics are constantly being tampered with by man.

As for the relation of couples, Bean and Petra had children together most people would agree that this is a special bond between people. Novinha was past the age to produce children by the time her and Ender were married. So they could never had that complete bond that a majority of couples have. Even Ender refutes this in Xenocide how he never re-produced making him feel incomplete as a male. Perhaps Ender should have had relations with a female of reproducing age? someone unlike Novinha.
"...there silence suggested that they didn't want to talk about what they didn't want to talk about."



-from Teacher's Pest


Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests