Rooter (SFTD Spoiler)

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
TheIrishJaneDoe
Launchie
Launchie

Rooter (SFTD Spoiler)

Postby TheIrishJaneDoe » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:38 am

Hi all,

I'm new to the Enderverse and this board. I have a quick question about Rooter in SFTD. I tried searching, but got no results, so apologies if this has been discussed previously. I don't know the policy on spoilers, but since I'm just now reading the books (EG, SFTD, halfway through Xeno) and hate to inadvertantly stumble upon them myself, I thought I'd mention that there are spoilers below. Be ye warned.

So in SFTD, Rooter is "murdered" by the piggies after the discussion about human males and females. It seems as if his honor is directly related to the discovery that humans are "like cabras" in their mating habits. Later, the other deaths are explained, but we never learn exactly why Rooter was chosen at that specific time. I've got my own ideas, but I wondered what other readers made of this. It seems like it must have been a notable discovery, since Rooter is so revered from that point on. Any ideas? Or is this explained in a later book?

-TIJD

Janus%TheDoorman
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Original Two-Face

Postby Janus%TheDoorman » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:10 am

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's explained later on, unless I'm getting my piggies confused.
"But at any rate, the point is that God is what nobody admits to being, and everybody really is."
-Alan Watts

Paul
Soldier
Soldier
Title: sparkie_adams

Postby Paul » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:06 pm

It's been years since i read speaker. I really cannot remember. I guess its about time I reread the books.

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”