Ender's Jeesh going to a colony

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Ender's Jeesh going to a colony

Postby spanish_rockette » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:23 pm

I reread the shadow series, because I am over-wemled with the pre-algebra homework I got today,(example: (1 + z) × 2 + 12 ÷ 3 - z when z = 4.) And I am also bummed because they didnt advance me because I was enroll in that class for exceeding the standards in math since 3rd garde on the AIMS. So they said that I can't cause' I need that class if I don't want to take algebra in high school. Damn myself for bing so good at it! But anyway, I finish reading Shadow of the Giant, and it got me thinking. When I read EG and ES, I did not expect most of Ender's Jeesh leaving to a colony, in Bean's case, star travel and in Ender's case sent into exile. And I wondered am I the only one who didn't expect most Ender's Jeesh to leave Earth?
"leaving both her husbands behind, the one whose life had a monument and a book, and the one whose only monument was in her heart."

Glaucon
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Glaucon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:47 pm

To a degree, I've supposed their departure can be chalked up to the discussion the books are filled with about "ambition" in the members of Ender's Jeesh. Their ambition to rule and control doesn't seem to extend to harming others for harming others' sake, so if their presence on Earth was an irreconcilable catalyst for further conflict, wouldn't they trust Peter with Earth and leave for their own new worlds?

What do you think is the best explanation- why do you think that the members of the Jeesh took flight?
-Glaucon

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”