My opinion on Enders Game yet confusion.

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
tietz019
Launchie
Launchie

My opinion on Enders Game yet confusion.

Postby tietz019 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:31 pm

I think this book is a great one to read as it got me thinking about many different things regarding life here on Earth and how our lives can relate to the lives in the book in many different ways. However, I was confused about the world of the Buggers and why the fight was going on.

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spanish_rockette » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:58 pm

Yeah, I'm confused about that too. I wonder why the hell would they stay, if they obviously knew that they were coming.
"leaving both her husbands behind, the one whose life had a monument and a book, and the one whose only monument was in her heart."

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:52 pm

I wonder why the hell would they stay, if they obviously knew that they were coming.
There are too many "theys" for me to be able to decipher that sentence.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spanish_rockette » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:17 pm

They as the buggers.
"leaving both her husbands behind, the one whose life had a monument and a book, and the one whose only monument was in her heart."

garci126
Launchie
Launchie

Postby garci126 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:33 pm

I guess maybe the buggers had hope that they could communicate with Ender through his dreams but I guess that didn't work. Also where would have the buggers gone? There were so many of them the Earth fighters who were closing on them would have noticed.

Paul
Soldier
Soldier
Title: sparkie_adams

Postby Paul » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Or why did the buggers (sorry formics, apparently bugger is a bad word) would have all of their queens on one planet. Classic example of putting all your eggs in one basket?

JeffersonSteelflex
Launchie
Launchie

Postby JeffersonSteelflex » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:24 am

I forget if it was in Xenocide or CotM, but the hive queen is pretty adimate about not needing to leave Lusitania before the litte doctor arrives because the little queens have already been disppersed.

Likewise, earlier in the series (somewhere) and a couple times through out, it's noted that the hive queen doesn't lie, but can't see the future either. It's often asked, "Why didn't they leave if they knew Ender was coming?" I think I finally get it.

It's not the decision of the species to die w/o a fight, but rather the hive queen doesn't understand abstract thinking. She can't see the fork in the road, as she travels on a one lane highway of thought. Did she promise this or that, can she see the future? No. Whatever train of thought she has she rides it to the end, not remembering she just switched tracks.

She just hurtles toward what in the hive mind is the inevitable.

Ramrod
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Ramrod » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:12 am

This very question was one of the central points of Ender in Exile. Ender couldn't understand why the Hive Queens "let" him kill them all. He eventually realized that their intention was for humanity to believe that they were all dead so that they wouldn't scour the galaxy looking for survivors.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:50 am

I wonder why the hell would they stay, if they obviously knew that they were coming.
There are too many "theys" for me to be able to decipher that sentence.
They as the buggers.
"I wonder why the hell would the Buggers stay, if the Buggers obviously know that the Buggers were coming."

Seemple.

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”