Who is behind Bean on the cover of Shadow?

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
perspicacious.emperor
Soldier
Soldier

Who is behind Bean on the cover of Shadow?

Postby perspicacious.emperor » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:06 pm

I think I might've asked this before (if there was an answer I completely forgot), and I'm sure more than one person is confused.

Who is that person standing behind Bean on the kid version of the book? I'm thinking it can be from Ender to Petra to Nikolai. Heck, it might even be Poke.

Ender is very unlikely, seeing as the art style is similar and Ender already has a character design.

Poke is also unlikely because I don't think she'd be featured in such a setting.

So I've narrowed it down to Petra and Nikolai, but Petra's significance doesn't really come in until Hegemon. The most likely person it'd be is Nikolai.

But I still don't know. Anyone have an inkling who it is?

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:12 pm

I assume that you're talking about the stupid looking "young adult edition" cover? If so, it looks like a girl to me, and it seems to be in space, so it must be Petra.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

StrivingForSatyagraha
Launchie
Launchie

Postby StrivingForSatyagraha » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:10 am

In my opinion, it isn't really a physical person. It is metaphorical for all of the people who shadowed and/or protected Bean in his life. I think this was put on the cover just to represent how belittled Bean really thought he was, and also how everybody looked down on him like he needed protection.

Also, it's good to be back!
And I always wonder-- Where is my Briseis

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”