Ender's Jeesh

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.

What really happend to them?

they married
20%
they had children
No votes
they had their name turned into an epithet, as well(but ender was more of a big deal)
80%

Total votes: 5

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Ender's Jeesh

Postby spanish_rockette » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:56 pm

What Happened To The Rest Of Ender's Jeesh? And Everybody?
Last edited by spanish_rockette on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"leaving both her husbands behind, the one whose life had a monument and a book, and the one whose only monument was in her heart."

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:13 pm

Knowing OSC, they all got married and had kids, or at least wish they had.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spanish_rockette » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:23 am

i think some of them got married and have children. others just had children. but who knows. theres not alot of information about them. but i thnk theri names became like ender's. but not as bad.
"leaving both her husbands behind, the one whose life had a monument and a book, and the one whose only monument was in her heart."

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spanish_rockette » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:50 pm

but who knows.

Glaucon
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Glaucon » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:06 pm

*Possible spoilers related to Speaker sequels as well as the short story "Cheater."*

Has anyone else considered the potential plot-connection bombshell that Hot Soup may have founded the Chinese colony-world Path? I've never discussed this with anyone here, so I don't know if it's a common understanding.

To elaborate, in the Shadow sequels, Han Tzu agrees to take a Chinese colony-group into space. The short story "Cheater" is filled with notions of restoring honor to China and it's described how that task is appointed to Hot Soup via his father.

Facts that support include:
- Hot Soup, who is governor with obvious high social standing shares a surname with Han Fei-tzu and his daughter Qing-jao, who themselves are part of the social elite of Path (Consider: I did some research on this, and Han is the 25th most popular surname in China, today. Its American equivalent, based on numbers, is the name Walker. Personally, I feel like if there were a Walker in Ender's Jeesh, and then a character showed up 3000 years later with characteristics reminiscient of the Walker from Ender's Jeesh, then we would naturally assume as readers that they were probably related. While I'm not calling this logic sound, I'm calling it a definite plausibility).
- Han Tzu would likely have been a huge proponent of the ritualistic practice of working in the rice paddy as a symbol of remembering traditional Han China values, via the character expansion that OSC gives us in "Cheater." Remember that this practice is present in Xenocide when Qing-jao believes her work to be more important than working in the paddy and is reminded by Fei-tzu about the symbolism of the work, itself.

I'd definitely appreciate any feedback on this theory about the future of Hot Soup. Sorry if this was effectively a re-read for anyone.

spanish_rockette
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spanish_rockette » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:48 pm

That makes sense. When I read the book, I thought Hot Soup could have founded Path, but then there is a possiblity that he did'nt. I still consider it.

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”