Ender vs. Peter

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:23 am

Peter wouldn't have been in that shower. He has that taste for power that would have gathered bullies around him. If Bonzo had clashed with Peter, Bonzo would be alone.

I also question that Bonzo would have clashed with Peter. Peter would have started getting on Bonzo's best side, manipulate him until the power relationship would be inverted: Ender had a hard time enduring other's proud stupidity; Peter didn't. Instead he would encourage others' proud stupidity to serve his agenda.

That's just my speculation, though, lol.

locke%peter@wiggin.net
Launchie
Launchie

Postby locke%peter@wiggin.net » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:47 pm

bean should have kileld achilles :twisted: :evil:
bean does kill achilles near the end of the book Shadow Puppets
he just shoots him

petraXthebest
Launchie
Launchie

Postby petraXthebest » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:22 pm

well, i don't think peter would ever get into any situation like that, because he's too good with words. He'd make sure never to do anything that might provoke unwanted fights or hatred.

Peter had a temper, but i think it was mostly brought out by ender. Even if that's not true, i think i'm right in saying that his temper couldn't possibly blind his actions more than Bonzo's blinded his.

DouLou
Launchie
Launchie

Postby DouLou » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:34 am

I don't think Peter would have killed them, at least not in a fit of rage. As Valentine said he was master of emotions and could conceal and control them to perfection, but although he may not be a psychotic murderer Valentine certainly thinks he would kill if it outweighed the risks. One could argue if Ender meant to kill them or not, Enders train of thought was to beat them so bad they wouldn't want to attack him again, but he didn't seem to mean to kill them. Whereas I think Peter would think more along the lines of 'If I killed this person would I get away with it? Does it benefit me?'

I think I have to echo a few other comments though that it is a bit of a mute point since Peter would never inspire the hatred Ender did. I remmember Shen saying that Ender make the good guys love him, and the bad guys hate him. Peter was different though, he would manipulate both the good and bad guys to either love him or like him, he was the master of flattery, the only people who didn't like him were the ones just as clever as him. I think only a very very small amount of students at the Battle School would have seen through him.

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”