Ender's Game-

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
ibach005
Launchie
Launchie

Ender's Game-

Postby ibach005 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:07 pm

I am confused! Or I missed something. How could Ender be the battle commander if he was at the I.F. command on Eros? I thought for a minute that perhaps they had sent him to the Bugger’s world, but that was two light years away, and they only traveled for three months to get to Eros.
Ender was in a simulator during the battles on Eros as were his crew. After the war is won Ender asks Mazer “we had pilots with our ships didn’t we.” Mazer replies “yes.” So was it that the real pilots were following Ender’s instructions? Or were the ships poloted by remote control and if so why have a pilot? What about his crew? I thought that maybe they were actually in the real battle, but they came to see Ender shortly after the war was over. I also figured that if his crew were in the real battles at least one of them would probable have been killed. So were the real ships piloted by Ender’s crew by remote control?

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Junkie

Postby Peterlover14 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Ender's commands were sent to the ships out wherever the buggers were. Everyone in his jeesh were commanding a certain ship in the fleet. So the little dots that represented themselves in the simulator, were actual ships somewhere by the bugger homeplanet.

As for the remote control thing, I'm not sure how you got that idea. There were actual people in those ships Ender was commanding following his(and his jeesh's) directions. Nobody Ender knew was killed, just other men that had been traveling to the bugger world the entire time.

Hope that makes sense. And welcome to Pweb. :)
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

ibach005
Launchie
Launchie

Ender's Game

Postby ibach005 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:00 pm

Thank you! that helps a lot. I came up with the remote control thing on my own :D

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Junkie

Postby Peterlover14 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Hahaha nice.
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”