Novinha, Libo, and Marcao

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.

Was Novinha justified in marrying Marcao, but keeping Libo as a lover?

yes, marrying Marcao was the right choice
10%
no, she should have married Libo
90%

Total votes: 10

ptr.arkanian
Soldier
Soldier

Novinha, Libo, and Marcao

Postby ptr.arkanian » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:47 am

Although she loved Libo, Novinha refused to marry him because it would give him acess to all her private files. It was because of information in these files that Pipo, Libo's father and the colony xeonlogist, had discovered information that Novinah believed had led to his death. She feared that Libo would suffer the same fate. She then married a man by the name of Marcao who had been nice to her at school. Even though Marcao raised Novinha's children as his own, they were fathered by Libo. Marcao knew this and it caused him to be jealous, and therefore he was abusive to her and her children. Libo was killed by the piggies, just as his father was, and soon after this Marcao too died. Two of Novinha's children called upon a Speaker to speak Marcao's death and shed light upon his seemingly unpleasant life. The Speaker uncovered the truth about Marcao that he was only brutal because of jealousy. He knew his wife was unfaithful to him and would never love him as she loved Libo. Libo had also been unfaithful to his wife and family by fathering Novinha's children. And although he had no acess to her files, he suffered the same fate as his father. So i ask, was Novinha justified in not marrying Libo because she loved him? If this is true, did she realized she severely screwed up her children's, husband's, and lover's lives by doing so? And if she had noticed this, why did she not do something to fix the situation at hand?
Share this dragon
If you do
Lucky end for
them and you
-Petra Arkanian

Crazy Tom: C Toon
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Crazy Tom: C Toon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:54 pm

She absolutely screwed up other's lives by doing this thing. I realize that she was trying to protect Libo, but look how much good it did him! Obviously, she did not realize at the time how littlw this would help, but KNOWING saves lives, not living in ignorance. Libo might still have lived had he married Novhina and seen the files. Of course, then they would have discovered the truth about the piggies, Ender would never have been called, and the rest of the series would never have taken place. But that would have been the best outcome.
Under the spreading chesnut tree
I sold you and you sold me:
There they lie, and here lie we
Under the spreading chesnut tree.

Ended
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Ended » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:12 am

if she had shown the files to him, the piggies probably wouldnt have killed him: they'd already planted pipo for that, and would be unlikely to plant him for exactly the same reason. also, if he'd known, they probably would have been able to figure out the brothers life cycle, and explaind that humans dont have a third life.

Rodaka
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Rodaka » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Sometimes the ends justify the means.

Morally, it was wrong, but this was a case where her actions lead to more and more suffering. The the lower the fall, the higher the rise after hitting normality, and had it not been so, Ender might not have gotten so ingrained in all of their lives.
"I once heard a tale of a man who split himself in two. The one part never changed at all; the other grew and grew. The changeless part was always true, the growing part was always new, and I wondered, when the tale was through, which part was me, and which was you."

ptr.arkanian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ptr.arkanian » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:16 am

maybe they wouldnt have had ender, but novinha didnt want ender to come anyway. she didnt even want to have anything to do with him after he got there. if she had married Libo, they wouldnt have needed ender, they would have known more about the piggies, and Miro wouldnt have had to jump the electrical fence which caused Lusitania to be cut off ansible and the Lusitania fleet to be sent to blow up the planet. if you look at it from that angle, most of the issue on Lusitania is due to Novinha not marrying Libo.
Share this dragon
If you do
Lucky end for
them and you
-Petra Arkanian

Ended
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Ended » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:03 am

maybe they wouldnt have had ender, but novinha didnt want ender to come anyway. she didnt even want to have anything to do with him after he got there.
novinha originally called for ender, neh? for pepo's death?

ptr.arkanian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ptr.arkanian » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:26 pm

yes but she cancelled her call for a speaker 3 days later
Share this dragon
If you do
Lucky end for
them and you
-Petra Arkanian

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”