Enderverse books and concepts I'd like explored..

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
antronics
Launchie
Launchie

Enderverse books and concepts I'd like explored..

Postby antronics » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:06 am

..Hello folks, I've been thinking about these things as soon as I read them in the various Enderverse novels, and I can't think of a better place to share my ideas then here.

1) A novel that goes in depth with the society and oragins and everything else concerning the DNA race that is discovered at the end of the speaker series. And here's my idea that goes along with it: After I read the shadow series, and Dr. Anton gets exiled to a colony, I thought that it wouldn't be a far stretch that he created and sent off the early beginings of that DNA race. Comments?

2) I, as I'm sure a lot of you, am unhappy about the way Beans saga ends. I believe him to be too much of great person and great figure to let his story die while hes exiled out in space with his children. I've thought of maybe him and his DNA altered children to maybe have gone to Pax(?) (the colony from the speaker series with the ADD geniuses.) Also I'd like to see a connection to Anton's work and this colony.

3) A book set maybe another 5,000 years into the future detailing the first meetings of the rest of the human race and the hive queens. Also it could include the life and times of the colony and the hive queens living together, in addition to the first colonies of the piggies.

4) The Hivequeen, The Hedgemon, The Life of Human, Jane.

5) A novel about the scourging of China by the buggers.

6) A detailed novel about the first and second bugger war.

Well these are all I can think of right now off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm leaving out some of my OSC/Enderverse wish list, but I'd like to hear your comments and hear about the books you wish OSC would make.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:43 am

Christmas in Battle School! Christms in Battle School!

What's that you say? Already been done?

Yaaaaaaay!!!

Person122
Soldier
Soldier
Location: Sorreledolce (Actually it's USA North America Earth Sol System)

Postby Person122 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:49 pm

First off, I think is would be incredibility unrealistic that someone from the 22nd century could create a super virus that destroys entire planetary ecosystems, I can't see how anything the humans would make could be so complex as to actually be almost intelligent. the Colony's name is "Path" and "Pax" means "peace" in Latin, I don't think I would necessarily describe Path as peaceful, but that's just me.

Also, by the end of children of the mind, some of the other humans already know about the Buggers, so a sequel with the rest of the human race meeting them would not be so far in the future.

Here this is where Card talks about stuff including a Mazer Rackham novel and Shadows in Flight:
http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue422/interview2.html

I've recently been thinking about Ender books that happen in the EnderVerse but don't really mention Ender Wiggin. I agree with antronics, OSC should write a First/Second Invasion novel or even mabey a pre-formic wars book.
"And no one is a better observer of the folkways of the adolescent male than the adolescent female." - Shadow of the Hegemon

"... Some times lies were more dependable than the truth" - Ender's Game

"He [[Locke]] has influence but he doesn't have power"
"In my experience, influence is power"

Orson Scott Card Wiki http://ansible.wikia.com

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Re: Enderverse books and concepts I'd like explored..

Postby neo-dragon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:53 am

1) A novel that goes in depth with the society and oragins and everything else concerning the DNA race that is discovered at the end of the speaker series. And here's my idea that goes along with it: After I read the shadow series, and Dr. Anton gets exiled to a colony, I thought that it wouldn't be a far stretch that he created and sent off the early beginings of that DNA race. Comments?
People have been making similar suggestions for a while now, but you have to remember that the Descolada began altering life on Lusitania a loooooong time ago. Probably more than just a few thousand years prior to the Speaker books, so the Descoladores, as they're called in CotM, were likely around playing God with alien ecosystems long before Bean's time.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

antronics
Launchie
Launchie

Postby antronics » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:51 am

..Forgive my memory, is the DNA race that they run into at the end of the book the descolada that was changing the DNA on Lsitania? I don't remember them being connected. I guess I'm wrong tho haha. Even if the exiled Anton couldn't be the creator, I'd like to read about them in an OSC novel.

neggiw redne
Launchie
Launchie

Postby neggiw redne » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:33 pm

just to explain my reasoning for the later mentioned, i finished the entire speaker series before i even read the shadow series.

what you said about path is exactly what i thought when i read about it, i immediately thought that (i forget her name, the girl who loved bean) her saying that she hoped that someday a whole planet would be occupied by his children was forshadowing.

also i'd been wanting to know what was in the hive queen and the hegemon, also jain would be a very interesting read for me.

my own suggestion would be similar to your third option, however i would include in that book the work that YP does and also (my personal bias) i would add the meetings between the descoladores and the rest of the species through jane's help.
person 1: "goodbye cruel world!"

person 2: "no, don't kill yourself!"

person 1: "i won't, it's the world that i'll kill"

person 2" "NO! YOU CAN'T!"

person 1: "correction, i couldn't. but you failed to destroy the little doctor"

Crazy Tom: C Toon
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Crazy Tom: C Toon » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:58 pm

There has been specualtion on other posts that Bean's descendants were the Descoladores. Anton, I don't think could do it because even though his Order Of Inhibition was removed, he still really couldn't think about genetics. So Anton being the Descolador doesn't really make much sense
Under the spreading chesnut tree
I sold you and you sold me:
There they lie, and here lie we
Under the spreading chesnut tree.

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”