Ender's Game Comic

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
Quack
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Quack » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:19 pm

Gah! EarthPrime, our local store, is carrying the EG series, and they've got the first two parts of Ender's Shadow, too! I just got 1 & 2 of EG. I've been neck-deep in schoolwork all week and I can't think of a better way to give myself some mind candy. NERDGAZM.

Will report back... :D
"No battle plan survives contact with the enemy." /Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:58 pm

I didn't like issue two quite as much, it felt more compressed. My favorite part was seeing the design of the battle school. Nicely done, Steve ;).

Also liked the sequence with Stilson. But I felt most of the introduction to Battleschool stuff was jumbled and inchoherent for those not familiar with the book, there was no smooth flow to Ender's introduction to the school or even his launch group. I also thought the art was less inspired and lacking in this one, though some of the designs of the battleschool were cool at times it was too busy, again the impression of this issue is more haphazard while my impression of the first issue was 'elegant'

a big part of that is that the first issue was just a single chapter, whereas this one seems to cover many chapters. otoh, this one seemed to succumb to the same problem that Dabel Brothers had in making The Hedge Knight series from GRRM's ASOIAF short story which is including too much dialogue instead of letting the images primarily tell the story enhanced by dialogue where necessary. Watchmen is a good example of a book with a lot of dialogue that still uses images to communicate a lot more.

Also a bit annoying is I noticed all the girls have ponytails, I don't think that'd be allowed, I think everyone would have the same haircut, boys and girls. Hah, but I also disagree with Scott, in that I think there'd be at least 40% girls in the battleschool rather than maybe 5%.

Still I'm looking forward to seeing the fantasy game next issue.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Postby Boothby » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:07 pm

...of course some of the designs of the Battle School were cool!
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”