Ender's Game Reaction II

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
frede159
Launchie
Launchie

Ender's Game Reaction II

Postby frede159 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:38 pm

I read this book for a college class and found it to be the most interesting of all the books required. The book had an excellent flow and was easy to read and stay interested in.

I really liked that the focus was put on Ender's emotions and psychological state. As I read I felt bad for him, they put him through so much and he was just a young kid. In the end he didn't end up nearly as bad as I thought he would though, and the Buggers understood him enough to build him his fantasy land. I'm glad that in the end he was rewarded with what he fought for the entire time, the friendship and companionship of Valentine.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri May 02, 2008 9:44 pm

Hey, welcome to Pweb.

If you haven't already discovered them -either through poking around on the internet, here at Pweb, or from elsewhere- you really ought to look into reading the rest of the series (Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind). Ender was in worse condition at the end of EG than it may have let on.

If you're a real glutton for punishment, you can try the Shadow series, too, which follows Bean. Personally, not such a huge fan by your mileage may vary.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

frede159
Launchie
Launchie

Postby frede159 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:05 pm

Thanks, I'll be sure to check them out. If they're half as good as Ender's Game they're worth reading.

Pixel
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Pixel » Sat May 03, 2008 8:14 am

Yeah, there's two series.

Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind

and

Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets, Shadow of the Giant.

There's a lot of anti-Shadow series people around, although I personally loved them. Whether you think they're the best thing in the world or not, you should read all the books anyway.

Also, building him the fantasy village thing wasn't really a reward for him. It was to deliver the message, and to get him to find the Bugger cocoon they hid for him. Only Ender would know how to get it, if it were hidden in the Giant's Drink place.

crazyjane
Launchie
Launchie

Postby crazyjane » Sun May 18, 2008 10:31 pm

I just want to jump in and say, I wholeheartedly recommend the Shadow books. A lot of my friends didn't like them, but I loved them just as much as the Ender books. Bean holds a special place in my heart, right next to Ender.

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”