question+ HI I'M NEW HERE :P

Discuss all things pertaining to the EnderVerse milieu.
2VVVVV
Launchie
Launchie

question+ HI I'M NEW HERE :P

Postby 2VVVVV » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:26 am

hey everybody

there's something that bothered me while reading EG
in the second invasion we won because Mazer was smart enough to blow up the hive queen's ship... and if I remember correctly it says they brought a queen with them because they were planning to colonize earth.
But if that's the case why wouldn't they put a queen on every one of the worlds they colonized?
and if so... how come they had one home world with all the hive queens on it?
or in other words why did they risk bringing a queen with them on the second invasion?

:shock:

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:07 pm

Good questions. As I understand it, in the first two invasions human and Buggers were playing by different rules. The Buggers didn't think that humans would actually kill a queen. After all, as far as they knew they had only killed mindless human drones. Killing a queen must have seemed like a hugely disproportionate retaliation. However, by the Third Invasion the Buggers understood what they had done and how humans interpreted it. At that point they knew that humans were coming to wipe them out, so it made sense to withdraw the queens to the homeworld. On the one hand it's like putting all your eggs in one basket. On the other hand, remember how the defenses around the planet were described. The human fleet was out-numbered something like 1000 to 1. They must have figured that if the queens weren't safe on the homeworld they weren't safe anywhere.

Welcome to PWeb.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Return to “EnderVerse Novels and Stories”