Hi, I'm Astrid

Welcome to Pweb, FAQs, Introductions and Limeaid
Astrid
Launchie
Launchie

Hi, I'm Astrid

Postby Astrid » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:35 am

Hello all,

I'm a very big fan of OSC & the whole series. I just finished Shadow of the Giant, and although the story had a nice ending, I found myself depressed all evening. Books really get to me, especially when I'm invested in the characters. Card makes it impossible not to get invested in the characters, which is a talent not all authors posses. My friends got tired of hearing me talk about Ender this and Ender that, and I also got tired by their blank stares. So I turned to the internet, and to my surprise I found this site.

I am not sure how active it is, but I hope it is active enough to engage me and satisfy my need to discuss this terrific series of books. Please feel free to message me whenever, to discuss whatever!

Cheers,
Astrid

Astrid
Launchie
Launchie

Re: Hi, I'm Astrid

Postby Astrid » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:47 am

Oh, I forgot to mention. I'm from Canada and I am just finishing my 4th year of University. I'm currently doing an internship in Toronto, and unless someone employs me (please!?) I will be returning to school for a post-graduate degree in Web Development.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Welcome to Pweb, Astrid. :wave:
The enemy's fly is down.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:01 pm

Welcome! We try to be a friendly bunch, but many of us don't venture much beyond Milagre. So, that's where most of the activity is, though the movie news and recent books have picked up the chatter in some of the other sections.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Welcome, indeed. I hope you stick around. Come chat about anything and everything in Milagre and if you want to talk about anything specific, OSC/Ender related, hopefully you'll get some responses about that too. That is what brought us all hear in the first place! :)
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Ela
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Get off my lawn!!
First Joined: 0- 9-2000

Postby Ela » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Welcome! We try to be a friendly bunch, but many of us don't venture much beyond Milagre. So, that's where most of the activity is, though the movie news and recent books have picked up the chatter in some of the other sections.
True story.

I only ventured beyond Milagre cause I was caught up reading there and I was bored. :P

So I decided to check out the other forum categories.

Anyhoo, welcome, Astrid.
Pweb member since 2000

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:09 pm

Welcome to Pweb, Astrid. :)
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Murtauk
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Murtauk » Wed May 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Hiya Astrid,
I found myself in the same boat not too long ago, Jump on over to the books section and start a topic there are several people here more than willing to talk about OSC books in general, there's a pretty cool thread down there I started discussing my frustration on the ending of children of the mind and boy did that get interesting, anywho welcome to the PW looking forward to discussing stuffs with you soon!

Return to “The Foyer: Welcome to The Philotic Web Community!”