ESP(Web)N

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: GD in Disguise

Postby Petrie » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:06 pm

The score was 7-3 in both games I'm following but then the Chiefs went and scored a touchdown. Boo. That didn't change that one game is going in my favor and the other isn't, though.

ETA

I'd like to have multiple tvs someday so I can watch multiple games simultaneously without flipping back and forth and without having to do PIP, which I could never figure out on this tv.

ETA 2

Oh, look at that. Both games are at 14-3, now. Go Steelers.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Bleagh. Damn Steelers.

Even though I knew this was going to happen going in, it doesn't make it any less boring to watch.

Although I am amused by the bajillions of penalties being racked up by the Steelers. I would've seen that going the other way.

ETA:

SEYMOUR! Oh my freaking gosh. This is JUNIOR HIGH level lessons. It doesn't f****** matter what the other person said. If you throw the punch, you're the one that gets suspended. IDIOT. f****** hell. Let's just make a bad day worse, shall we? You f****** moron. SAVE IT FOR THE FIELD. But you can't, now, being out of the game. DAMNIT.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:30 pm

How was that Oakland penalty for ya, Kirsten?

Sack, baby!

--------------------------

Dear Arizona,

When you are 4 and 1 and losing anyway, just f****** go for it. As long as you weren't throwing, you probably would have picked up the first down. Pathetic quarterback and offense.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Oh my God.

Make it go away.

Well, I knew behaving like an actual, professional team was too good to last.

Sigh.

It's funny. Our cat, Reece, is black and silver, so we call him our little mascot. He's had his head buried in the pillow for most of the game. I would agree with that assessment of the day.

ETA: YAY! Gradkowski's in! We got a first down.

And then a false start as I typed that. Figures.

ETA: And, because it was SUCH a freaking bloodbath, the station switched to the Texans v. Jets. Merciful, really. Thank you, CBS.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:09 pm

Scifres, you have begun your redemption.

No more injuries, though, Chargers. Please. Pretty please.
So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways, all my underdogs.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:53 am

Tonight I went to a hockey game for the first time possibly ever(?). It was quite fun, even though it was a farm league game - those guys are FAST. During the first intermission, the Timbits teams came out, and it was like watching really slow, clumsy puppies playing, by comparison. So adorable!

But I definitely think part of the fun was sitting in the disability-accessible seating, which was right at the boards beside the penalty boxes. The thump-crunch-smash of the players being RIGHT THERE was very fun.

I'm still not a sport follower, but I'd go again. :)
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:19 pm

I'm hoping Seattle can give me a hand and defeat the Chiefs;it's important the Chiefs start losing, which I expected them to do by now. They're really not a great team.

Miami was doing fine with Oakland but looks like they answered back and are now up. Suck a bug, Oakland also needs to lose.

The Chicago-Philly game is pretty exciting, at 14-13 but man, are they giving Vick a beat down. Impressive defense from Chicago, though Philly just shut down the Chicago offense so...yeah, good game. My little brother is cheering for Philly whereas I'm pretty neutral. Chiefs and Oakland are a bigger concern at the moment.
So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways, all my underdogs.

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: World Traveler
First Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:27 pm

Nervous to watch today's game. GO PACK GO!!

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:47 pm

what an interesting weekend, eh?

who would have guessed about seattle?!? i mean, i could care less about any of the teams playing this weekend besides my packers. but the seattle game was flipping fun to watch. but then the colts/jets game was an absolute bore. i was yawning for the rest of my night because it was so slow. i wouldn't have watched it at all except the friend i was with wanted to watch it.

ravens/chiefs was an alright game from what i saw of it, but again i was so bored of watching teams that weren't going to go anywhere by then that i was only half paying attention. and i had other things to do. thank the lord.

the packers put on a good show. it wasn't a super huge blow out so it was fun, but there was enough of a lead to keep me from getting heartburn watching it. seriously the whole season leading up to the past couple games i didn't care too much if they won or lost because all that matters is the post season, but now that that's here and its win or go home, sooo stressful.

Finally they're putting the ball into a running back's hands. WTF it took long enough! starks did a fantastic job and i couldn't be happier for him, he's a good kid. i have no problem with what jackson was able to do when they gave him the ball, they should have trusted him more throughout the season. but i'm more of a running game kind of guy than a passing guy. prolly why i like the badgers so much (not going to go into their performance in the rosebowl quite yet, still too frustrated)

anyway go pack go. happy for the win, and i would love to see it come down to bears and packers. that would be a hell of a show. i mean the last one was boring as f***, holy hell. but i think if it did come down to pack vs. bears for the nfc championship game, it would be a lot more interesting.

but unfortunately they'll be annihilated by the falcons. i don't know how i'm going to be able to watch that bloodbath. eeesh.
Ubernaustrum

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:07 pm

PACKERS.

That is all.
Discord ID: AJ#0001

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Satya » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:09 pm

but unfortunately they'll be annihilated by the falcons. i don't know how i'm going to be able to watch that bloodbath. eeesh.
OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH.

YOU DOUBT GODGERS? REPENT.

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:25 am

Godgers? nice

fine. they did an awesome job against the falcons. i'm sorry for doubting them. but i don't like to jinx things.

They'll find a way to f*** it up.

my guess is that they'll get cocky and won't show up prepared. that's what usually happens. i'm guessing if it's against the bears it'll be a pretty good show, but they'll ultimately lose because of ego. but it'll be in the last 2 minutes.

if it's seahawks, they'll lose like they did to the lions.
Ubernaustrum

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:48 pm

that was fun.

i had a bears fan on either side of me, and i was talking smack the entire time to both of them.

packers to the super bowl. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

i have to say. the best thing about today was that pretty much everything was free. all we paid for was the 6 dollar pitchers of beer. free jello shots when the packers scored, free brats, free hot wings, free nachos and free pretzels.

after that we went to another bar: free chili, free chicken and dumpling soup, free cornbread cupcakes. i've been out since noon and i've spent 20 dollars, and that just for the pitchers.
sweet.

steelers... i dunno. i think we lose to them in the superbowl. i hope not. but i think we lose. although we do have a score to settle with them after last years narrow loss...
Ubernaustrum

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:03 pm

I was rooting for some kind of natural disaster during the Steelers/Jets game. I hate both those teams.

Go Packers! Win the Superbowl!
-Kim

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:21 pm

packers super bowl party at my house!
Ubernaustrum

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:19 pm

I say 21-14, Packers. I feel unkind things about the Steelers and appreciate the Packers, so in the end, as long as the Packers win, I'm happy.

My dad has been pretty hilarious the past few weeks. He's been a GB fan since he was a kid, so he's been asking me every time we talk if I'll watch the game -it's a holy event, watching the Packers in a Super Bowl see..."They won the first two!"- and asking when I plan to switch from Blue and Yellow to Green and Yellow.

After game ETA:

What a fun flipping game. A solid show from both teams.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:32 pm

sooo proud of my packers! makes me proud to be a wisconsinite

that was a nail biter to be sure. but i think the pack plain out played the steelers, even if it looked like they might steal it in the end, the wouldn't have deserved it the way they played.

very happy about the game, even if the third quarter was boring as hell.

half time show was super duper lame. just terrible.
Ubernaustrum

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Satya » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:39 am

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:53 am

I actually saw a bit of the superbowl last night for the first time. Gotta say, I was not overly impressed by the half-time show. Although the box-heads were HILARIOUS.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:29 am

What a great game! :P

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Claire » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:00 pm

So happy for the Packers! Especially happy for Driver and Woodson who deserve it so much. Can't wait until September...definitely can't wait longer, so if only for my sake, please come to an agreement coaches and players!

I guess its time for college basketball. U-C-O-N-N UCONN UCONN UCONN.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:12 am

it was an entertaining game although I had no rooting interest in it at all.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:26 pm

Continued from another thread (probably only interesting to EL and that chav Yebra if he shows his face):
I predict France to come first this year, Scotland will get second, Ireland, England and Wales battling it out for the next three spots and Italy to get the wooden spoon.
Well, there's one game left to go in the Six Nations and it looks like I was entirely wrong, which means that my ability to predict outcomes of sporting events is at least as consistent as it is incorrect (especially when I'm betting).

France have lost two matches, one to England, and one to Italy(!!!), the first time they have ever lost a game to Italy since that Italian team joined the Six Nations. A great win for the Italians, and they were all crying and hugging like they'd won the tournament. So the French will, in fact, not be winning this year.

England aren't mid-table bores, but are actually undefeated so far and only Ireland now stands between them and a Grand Slam (and on the week of Paddy's Day too! It's gonna be very exciting stuff).

And Scotland won't be anywhere near second, but look likely to actually come last.

Yes, clearly I know my rugby.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Eh, better than I do.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Satya » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:35 am

NFL lockout.

This could go in the "Thumbs down" or "Thing I hate thread" as well.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:02 pm

Any college basketball fans? I don't remember there being much of any but the first games started yesterday and my team plays Friday. I'm more optimistic this year than I've been in a few years, so we'll see where that leads us.

Arizona (UofA, not ASU), is the "my team" and "we" for those not in the know.

GS
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Ganon's Bane
First Joined: 02 Feb 1922

Postby GS » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:51 pm

I'm a fan of the Tourney. Two of my favorite days of the year are the first two days. Non-stop basketball, there are always a couple crazy upsets and buzzer beaters and when one of the days falls on St. Paddy's, even better. Unfortunately I am not able to take off work this year and enjoy myself.

I don't have a team per se. If I had to go with one, it would be Gonzaga. Why? Because it is a funny name, they helped me win my first bracket pool in 2000(?) because I had them in the elite eight, and I have followed them ever since and I like their coach Mark Few. I'm also a fan of the Philly teams. (Villanova, Temple, St. Joe's, U of Penn, La Salle and Drexel) It is always fun when a couple of the teams are in the field. Villanova's final four run a couple years ago was fun. That being said, I'm not going to be very productive in work the next couple of days.

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Claire » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:55 pm

I'm pulling for Uconn or Wisco but I don't think either has a real chance. We'll see where it takes me! KU is my backup team because I have a lot of friends that went there; I went with the favorite and picked OSU to win it all, though.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:14 pm

We (Illinois) play UNLV tomorrow. I suspect (and hope) that we'll win, but honestly wouldn't be too surprised if we didn't. I don't see us making it past Kansas, though, who we're sure to play if we do beat UNLV.

I originally predicted Belmont going to the Final Four, but that's looking less likely by the minute.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

TheTranskinator
Launchie
Launchie
Location: i'm not sure... it's dark and a i hear laughing... aww crap

Postby TheTranskinator » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:08 pm

I love college basketball :P

My picks for final four are Ohio State for obvious reasons, Purdue because they're my favorite college (and they have a legitimite chance if they can top Notre Dame), Butler (I'm not gonna lie, I had Wisconsin. But I changed it to Butler after the Old Dominion. Nobody wants it more than them I think), and UConn. Kemba Walker is a monster, he's freaking amazing. I'm watching the game against Cincy right now, and he's just too good.

On a side note, Jimmer Fredette's 34 points!?!? He's easily one of the best shooters I've EVER seen. He's the player I aspire most to play like :P (mainly because I don't have the super athleticism and size that a lot of other guards have)

I think Ohio State is a lock, but I think Wisconsin, BYU, Notre Dame, Kansas, and Duke all have shots at the Final Four. My pick for the champions? UConn. Kemba Walker seems to step up his game the bigger the stage gets. And on the biggest stage he'll peform the best. Just my thoughts.

Question for you all, who in your opinion is the best player in college basketball right now?

Mine is Kemba Walker, closely followed by Jimmer. (my reasoning for Jimmer is because of how important he is for the team. No Jimmer = total failure of a team) Jared Sullinger is up there, as is Kyrie Irving. I think that the NCAA is a guard dominated league this year though...

Ha, this is what you get when I get started on basketball :P

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:34 am

I usually devour march madness, but I haven't watched a single game this year. I don't follow college basketball closely enough to make heads or tails of a bracket, but the tournament is always fun to watch, especially the rapid fire early rounds with all the upsets.
The enemy's fly is down.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:32 am

Question for you all, who in your opinion is the best player in college basketball right now?

To be honest, I didn't watch anything outside of the Pac-10 until the tournament started, so I am heavily biased. Derrick Williams is phenomenal and has single handedly kept AZ in the tournament, either by putting points on the board or making key defensive plays, both of which breathed life into the team so that it could find its rhythm.

My boys play UConn tomorrow. I can't wait, though I'm less than thrilled I'll have to split the game between work (my supervisor said I can watch while I'm there) and home.

TheTranskinator
Launchie
Launchie
Location: i'm not sure... it's dark and a i hear laughing... aww crap

Postby TheTranskinator » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm watching the game right now, and UConn is down by four 14-18 :P I think Kemba will pull it off though. Not gonna lie, Derrick Williams is amazing. I give him props, no Derrick and Arizona is done.

AND BUTLER WON!!! Being from Indy, the Butler Bulldogs are my boys!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:34 pm

I am very, very angry right now but UofA made dumb choices and UCONN played very well. My only interest in the rest of the tournament lies with VCU -I don't like Kansas, UK or UNC and can't be bothered to cheer on UCONN- and while it's highly unlikely they'll advance any further, a girl can dream.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:50 pm

Sigh. I was hoping for Arizona. At least Butler won. I like them.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”