Heroes, Season III (thar be spoilers here!)

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Heroes, Season III (thar be spoilers here!)

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:35 pm

Anyone else watch? I loved seeing Hiro again, was very glad not to see Jessica/Nikki again, and I loved George Takei. I'm really curious about who Darth Hoodie was, there at the end.

And if Hiro turns out to be Kenzei, that creates an very interesting temporal paradox. In the future-averted, Hiro didn't go back in time, but he still knew all the stories about Kenzei - stories his going back in time was apparently key to creating.

I'm not looking forward to having to wait each week, dangit.

Plus, I'm really annoyed that I saw Sylar hanging around. His story was done with. He should stay gone.
Last edited by Eaquae Legit on Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:25 pm

I watch and love it...I am mad that Nathan is still alive...I hate that...I think Hiro will be Kenzei...or at the very least very important to that story line...I didn't think about the paradox...All in all...nothing much happened...although the girl in Mexico(Maya?) must do some crazy things...I'm interested to see exactly what she does...

v-girl
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Dr. Posts-a-Lot
First Joined: 23 Mar 2001

Postby v-girl » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:36 pm

I love Heroes! I had to watch this season premiere online, since it's exam week for me. I also watched the whole season 1 online, since I didn't start watching it from the beginning and I never could get caught up to watch it. I'm excited to watch it on TV for real!

And yes, I got really sick of Nikki/Jessica too. I didn't get into that part of the story very much, except for Micah's power is cool.

I also really don't understand how Peter could still even be alive. He blew up! How would he be able to regenerate if his body was in a million pieces?

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:03 pm

I was a bit disappointed in the premiere, it was a bit slow and didn't answer any of the questions from the finale. Nathan and Peter are alive? What happened to Sylar? What happed to DL, did he die? What about Candace? Too many questions!!

Hiro was awesome as usual, same with George Takei. Lots of plot to start off the season, I hope they know where they're going with this.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:42 pm

Peter could still be alive because he didn't blow up like an actual physical bomb. He just put out enough nuclear energy to produce an atomic bomb but his body could heal from the damage (like Claire's had in the past after contact with the radiation). Nathan could have flown Peter up into the atmosphere/orbit and then flown away to safety. I actually assumed that both would live. However, Nathan's reflection in the mirror showing a burn victim was confusing...made me wonder if he did get injured and was somehow altering his appearance? Or just seeing things from a guilty conscience. At least they redeemed Nathan somewhat, I loved it when he gave his mother hell. And I can't wait to see how Peter got handcuffed into a cargo container!

I also don't understand how Sylar is able to keep healing from things (starting from back in the Save the Cheerleader episode when he and Peter fell off the high ledge). If he had the ability to heal, why has he been so anxious to kill Claire? Does he have some lesser ability to heal?

I rewatched all the first season episodes over the summer and I got a lot more out of them the second time around.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:04 pm

I jumped on the Heroes train way late, but I'm on it.

I never watched the show while it was on last season. The first time I saw it was last week online, when I binge-watched the whole season in two days.

Therefore, I confess that I feel that my input is somehow less valid than if I'd been an OMIGOD TRUE FAN FROM THE BEGINNING.

That said, here are my thoughts:

The premiere disappointed.

While I (and everyone else, I gather) love(s) Hiro to bits, the "Oops! I went back in time and now I have to take Schlumpy Moral-less Alkie and turn him into the Legendary Hero I know he's meant to be" story line is SNORESVILLE. I could not be more bored than I was during these scenes.

It was thrilling to watch Daddy Bennet eating s*** for once--even though it was short-lived. The only problem I have with Heroes in general is that the writers aren't quite good enough for the show. They drop the ball ALL THE TIME on character development, and I understand that ensuring good character development is my JOB so I might harp on it a little bit more than most, but the concept and the characters outstrip the wits of the writers almost every episode. The show is better than they are, and they don't know how to wield it properly. Daddy Bennet is a great example. They did an excellent job of making me dislike him intensely and yet still be interested in him for the first half of season one. They they tried to make him into a Good Guy Who Does Bad Things For Good Reasons and it did NOT work for me, no matter how many lovey-dovey scenes they had with him and Claire showing that SHE forgives him, so that I should TOO. Sorry. No dice. I'll never like Daddy Bennet. (Someday I'll talk about the WORST example of a character that the writers have botched and thus completely alienated me from: Mama Petreli).

Claire's new BF has got to go. Plus, I'm sorry, we already have a Flying Man (WOOSH!), thanks.

I actually really missed Niki/Jessica in the premiere, and I didn't expect to. The truth is, the character is fascinating, and Ali Larter does a bang-up job in the role; the story line for that character just sucks.

I don't like the Destructo Twins from Mexico.

I love Matt, I love Mohinder, their adopted tween Molly reminds me too much of a super-powered Beth Ann from those "IDK, my BFF Jill?" Cingular texting commercials, so I just can't stand her when she's on screen.

I think Peter most definitely got mind-wiped by the Hatian, and I'm glad that Sylar's (supposedly) going to be back--although they had better have a damn good explanation for his healing qualities.

Also? I <3 Nathan. Poor guy.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:20 pm

Huh, that's funny...one of my favorite episodes from last season was "Company Man" where they gave the back story of Mr. Bennett. I was glad to be able to understand and forgive his actions and know that now he was trying to get out of the Company. I really do like him and find myself getting weepy in the daddy/Claire scenes...but maybe that's cuz I don't have my dad in my life and miss that.

On the other hand, I really don't like Nathan. I find some of his actions fairly unforgivable (cheating on the paralyzed wife, for example). That he had second thoughts about his chosen course of action in the end and is now wracked with guilt is something, but I still don't trust him at all.

And I agree, boo to the Hiro-in-the-way-past story line. Though Hiro rocks in general. I think my husband has a man-crush on him. ;)
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:24 pm

I have a lot of trouble keeping Peter and Nathan straight in my mind.

I'm hoping they have a good reason for Hiro being in the past. It's kind of weird having this one Hero disconnected from the generally interwoven storyline.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:30 pm

Huh, that's funny...one of my favorite episodes from last season was "Company Man" where they gave the back story of Mr. Bennett. I was glad to be able to understand and forgive his actions and know that now he was trying to get out of the Company. I really do like him and find myself getting weepy in the daddy/Claire scenes...but maybe that's cuz I don't have my dad in my life and miss that.

On the other hand, I really don't like Nathan. I find some of his actions fairly unforgivable (cheating on the paralyzed wife, for example). That he had second thoughts about his chosen course of action in the end and is now wracked with guilt is something, but I still don't trust him at all.

And I agree, boo to the Hiro-in-the-way-past story line. Though Hiro rocks in general. I think my husband has a man-crush on him. ;)

I do agree with you about Nathan. I don't mean I love him in that if he were a real person I'd want to be his friend, but he's sooooo smarmy and sanctimonious and self-centered (all the "S"s) that I just love him.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

v-girl
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Dr. Posts-a-Lot
First Joined: 23 Mar 2001

Postby v-girl » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:16 pm

Agree totally. I like Mr. Bennett now.

I really need to go back and watch season 1 again... I think I missed a lot, because I watched it on my computer while cleaning or homeworking usually. But it's still $40 on amazon... and I am a poor student. :(

Slim
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Peacocks can't Lurk

Postby Slim » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:08 pm

The Bennet's (or now: Butler's) : Boy, they sure are trying too hard to have uneventful lives. If anything, people will be suspicious because of that. But, then again, even if they are noticed for being overly boring, I'm sure word won't get back to The Company.

I thought it was funny that (at least) both Claire and her dad are having trouble keeping a low profile.

Mohinder: In season one, you knew from the first episode what the main story arc was going to be. This season is vague, so far, as where it's going. But whatever the arc is, Mohinder going with Mr. Bennet against The Company should be good.

Now, that plague he was talking about? Is that for real, or was that part of his plan to draw The Company out of the woodwork?

Matt & Molly: I thought it was strange for Matt to be with Mohinder, until I realized both these guys are very important in Molly's life. They are the reason she's still alive. Too bad about Matt's marriage, but I guess that's what happens. I'm interested to learn more about He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Seen.

Hiro: He's always been my favorite character. I don't mind him being in the past for now, I'm sure he'll have lots of fun. And who knows? Maybe this story is relevant to what happens in the future (present)

Niki & Family: I never liked their story line in the first season, so I won't mind if they are gone. But on the other hand, I would like to know what happened to them...

West (aka: another flying man?): Uhm... this guy is just weird... But not Zach weird ...

Maya & Alejandero: I'm glad we get some more foreign heroes. (can't get enough of those subtitles, huh?) It will be interesting to learn more about them.

Nathan: What the Heck? He's still alive? ... Except he's thrown his life away anyway apparently ...

Peter: I expected him to be alive (since he was in Five Years Gone), but I wonder what happened to him. ...?

Sylar: From the preview, it seems he's still around, but it was expected with the season one finale. 'Course, since we haven't actually seen him yet, so he might be living in a Limbo-world, or Dream-land for all I know.

Dearth-Hoodie: Interesting... apparently one of a group of 12 heroes that contained the Petrelli's, Linderman, Deveaux, and Nakamura. I'm wondering if he's the same person as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Seen. But ... One is scary, the other, ... not so much.
A signature so short, it's
Slim

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:34 pm

The next episode is called "Lizards" which makes me happy just cuz I love my lizards. hehe.

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Just Another Chris

Postby Olhado_ » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:33 am

About Sylar, I cannot remember the exact scene; but I am sure he showed up creeping around in the shadows near the end.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:19 pm

Thoughts on tonight's episode, in no particular order:

-I would take Niki/Jessica over the Destructo Twins anyday.

-Yay, the Hatian!

-Claire cutting her toe off=WIN. My favorite part of the entire episode was her watching her bleeding foot and whispering "C'mon...c'mon...grow back...c'mon..............NO WAY!"

-But her new bf West has still got to go.

-Hiro's storyline is still snoresville. God, I am so bored by it. I want Hiro back in the present! Or, hell, even the future!

-Not enough Ando or Nathan.

-Re: Peter morphing out of the cuffs--obviously he came in contact with DL at some point, but when? I don't remember.

-What is Mama Petreli's power?!?! It is driving me nuts not to know.

-I've called a truce with Daddy Bennet. I don't like him yet, but I no longer feel the urge to actively dislike him. Plus he's gonna be working with the Hatian again. Yay, the Hatian!

-More of Issac's paintings floating around? Interesting.

-Have I mentioned how much I really don't like the Destructo Twins? Cause I really don't like them.

-I want the updates on Nathan's (ex?)wife. Her miraculous recovery last season implies a power. I wanna know the deal.

-I am really beginning to notice that Ali Larter leaves a big hole in the series for me when she's not on screen. Her story line last year admitedly sucked (a LOT) but I find the character completely compelling. I'm hoping they do better by her this season. They can start by putting her back on the screen. The Destructo Twins do not need to own half of each episode.

-I am delighted that Mohinder speaks French. I don't know why; it just tickled me.

-I like Molly best when she's asleep.

-I hope Peter gets over his amnesia or whatever soon. If the Hatian did take his memory, I hope he figures that out soon. If his memory loss rags on all season long I'll be annoyed. I do like the Irish chick, though.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:10 pm

I really miss Charlie too.

And yes, DL was at the base of the building with the rest of them during the big showdown of the finale...so, that's when Peter would have picked up his ability.

Things I don't like so far: Hiro's story line, the twins, Claire's new bf West.

Janus%TheDoorman
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Original Two-Face

Postby Janus%TheDoorman » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:07 pm

Hiro's storyline I see as a necessary detour. The "symbol", that is the supposed kanji for "Godsend", also plays a significance as Kensei's symbol. As far as I noticed, however, Kensei himself bore the symbol nowhere on his person, and the only place we see it in Hiro's storyline is on the sword. Although rather boring now, I'm expecing this storyline to develop into something very significant, is Kensei perhaps the first "Hero"?, and is that why the symbol bears such significance to the events that are unfolding?

Another problem I'm having is keeping track of who knows who, and how. For instance, Ando and Matt's meeting after Hiro's father's murder, I was expecting them to know each other, somehow, like there had been an evolved human mixer after the end of season 1.

Destructo twins, I see as a possible "bomb" for this season, though they look to be even more of a MacGuffin, which is unfortunate.

Other things... Hoodie I'd be willing to bet is blind, judging by his movements; West is a creepy stalker, whose power is... strange. It doesn't seem identical to Nathan's flying. It's subtle, but Nathan seems to have a definite thrusting force at the soles of his feet, West seems to more ... float (Astral projection, perhaps? We've only seen him at night so far.) Claire's power seem to be developing - in Season 1 her bones needed to be set together for them to heal when her chest was blown out, but here we see a total regeneration of bone and tissue.

How did Peter get such a clean haircut? It's strange, and I think indicates a pretty clear prolonged time spent with people after season 1, not not just him wandering around, memoryless and getting shoved into a crate shortly before the season begins. Nikki - infected, mayhaps? And where is she that there's a weird, huge guy standing in the background like a guard?
"But at any rate, the point is that God is what nobody admits to being, and everybody really is."
-Alan Watts

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:14 pm

West is a creepy stalker, whose power is... strange. It doesn't seem identical to Nathan's flying. It's subtle, but Nathan seems to have a definite thrusting force at the soles of his feet, West seems to more ... float (Astral projection, perhaps? We've only seen him at night so far.)
In the comic we see him fly during the day.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

NWS
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NWS » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:42 am

Darn, I can't recall all of what I'd posted here. Beside that I miss Charlie, I'm a sucker for time paradox stories, and that Bennett can't really be foolish enough to trust Mohinder.

From this week's:

Nice to see this week that Bennett was deflecting Mohinder's innocent (but potentially dangerous if the company has a mind reader around) questions so deftly that Mohinder didn't even notice.

The twins continue to do nothing for me. Glad they don't get much screen time.

So, who would actually be safe around Sylar? I think her mistake was not worshiping him enough. That's what he wants, right? Not to have an equal or someone who in any manner can control any part of him (which was, I think, her biggest mistake - showing him a power that could have that much influence over him). I can't imagine why they shut her up with him unless they both already have the virus. She's not exactly an effective operative and I can't imagine that with what they know of Sylar, they didn't know he'd kill her. Do they not think he'll get her power because of whatever is currently wrong with him? Do they want him to have her power? Does Peter have all of Sylar's powers since they fought?

I think I needed more Matt and Hiro. I think that my already odd enthusiasm about the admittedly lame time paradox subplot is only bolstered by David Anders aka Sark.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:56 am

This season is already quite disappointing to me. As has been said, the Twins are boring and the brother is dumb.

*looks around and breaks glass of car in crowded area* *police*

Also, I'm very disappointed at the writers. The entire point of last season was to either fail or succeed at killing Sylar. The finale last season was a total bland fest. I wanted either a massively amazing fight and death of Sylar or a massively amazing fight with Sylar owning them all. After he "died", the body disappeared and everyone was just like "Oh. Damn. Oh well. Let's now go back to our lives!". I wish they'd have just gone to one extreme and stuck to it.

The Hiro arch, though... could be interesting. Kind of boring... most of this season is so far.

The most interesting story would have to be Peters. He also seems to like to take his shirt off a lot... but I'm sure the girls do not complain (hey, if I swung that way he's hot, so I suppose I'm not complaining either ;P). The whole "I lost my memory and I think I'm a bad person" thing could get old.. but at least we get to see Peter learn to use all of his powers.

Cheesy flying... dumb story line with Claire.

I've been watching Heroes since the first episode on television but.. damn.. this show really isn't that good when compared to stuff like Carnivale, Dexter, The 4400, BSG. They better pick up speed soon otherwise people will bore quickly.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:13 pm

I was extremely disappointed with this episode. It seemed to waste a whole lot of time and didn't advance the storyline much. What did we learn?

DL is dead, Nikki is going to the company to get rid of her powers; Mr. Bennett is one of the 8 and is predicted to die; Sylar isn't currently able to use his powers; Hero is sort of stuck in the past?

They wasted oodles of time on the destructo twins and didn't advance their story at all; ditto with Claire and her stupid boyfriend (except I guess for creating some renewed antagonism for Mr. Bennett).

I have the feeling, but this a total guess, that Candace took Sylar on her own and not on the orders of the company and was hiding him away by herself. Because I can't see the company leaving her alone with Sylar, knowing how dangerous he is. I think SHE was just stupid and underestimated him. But that's a guess.

Slim
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slim » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:32 pm

Ah, yes. I loved this episode. I like the suspense. I can't say yet whither it is better than the 1st season or not, but it seems each episode is better than the last. (of course, that's what you expect, right?)

Here's my thoughts on the most recent episode:

Peter: Just open the box already!!!

Twins: *gasp* She was trying to kill that dude, wasn't she!? Maybe she really is EVIL!!!

Niki: She's back? *groan* ...So she wants to be cured (of powers, of Jessica, or of disease?), but she has to do "something" first, huh? Too bad about DL, though.

Flying kid/Claire: They both seem excited to meet someone else with powers. I'm sure the romance will die once they realize they have nothing else in common. Oh, wait, I forgot. People who hate each other at first always end up falling in love.

Hiro: Come back to the present, before you mess up the past! Or is it already too late, and now you need to fix more?

The Painting: !!! - I was expecting one for each of the remaining living group that was being killed off one by one (minus the killer) -- But then does that mean Noah is part of that group................?

Sylar: Yes! Sylar's back! But unable to reach civilization ... he may have to come to terms with his psychotic killer habit. But of course his part leaves a lot of questions --
1. Did he really kill Candace, or was that an illusion?
2. Was/is Candace only making him think he lost his powers with her illusions, or does he have the power-stopping disease?
3. Why does The Company (I assume) want him alive? They wanted him alive when they captured him last time, too. ...
4. Now that he's stranded with no powers, what will he do?! Maybe this is what The Company wants, for him to survive on his own without using other people's powers? Straighten him out or something? ...
5. Is it all just a dream?
6. etc.
Slim

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:27 pm

I hope she was faking him out with an illusion. That didn't even occur to me. I'm just cranky that he's back. I don't like him and his story was finished. They should have moved on.

Same for Niki. She can stay gone.

I'm still rooting for Hiro to become Kenzei. I <3 Hiro.

Oh, and haven't we already established that the future Isaac painted can, in fact, be changed? Claire was supposed to die but Peter stopped that.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:13 pm

Finally saw this week's episode (thanks Ali--it wasn't on tv links yet when I checked earlier in the week) and all that I can muster up is a word I don't think I've said aloud since 1999: LAME.

I still can't stand the Destructo Twins. At all. They are completely useless. I have no sympathy or empathy for them, and they drive me crazy.

I know I'm the only person on the planet who's glad that Niki's back, but I'm glad that Niki's back. Too bad the writers insist on giving her yet another melodramatic suspiciously useless plotline. Still. Cheers. I like her.

I just don't like Claire's stalker bf. Just because he can fly, that doesn't make it ok that he's stalking you, honey! Can we have Zack back, please? Zack > Mini-Me Flying Boy x 1000000000000000000000.

Mama Petrelli is the only character I'm really captivated by this season, so of course she didn't show. No Nathan, either. Can we please have a little bit more Nathan? Yes, I'm a sucker for the Fallen Everyman Archetype, but seriously, he is SO much more interesting than the Destructo Twins.

I like Sylar, I'm glad he's back--although I can see plot holes aplenty already. There's no point in bringng back a great character if there's nothing for him to do. I am apprehensive.

I love the Irish Mafia as much as the next girl, but Peter needs to open the damn box and get back stateside and stir up some trouble with his family, already!

Matt, Mohinder and Molly. Henceforth known as the Annoying Alliteratives. I'm not jazzed.

Hiro's storyline gets worse and worse as the weeks go by. One more episode with this plotline and I might end up hating it worse than the Destructo Twins.

:?
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:24 am

I knew you would put into words why I hated this episode better than I could!

Peter was like..."Open the box and find out my entire past, or make out with this new chick? Ehhh, make out wins." What the heck?!

And what makes me dislike Claire's new bf even more is that I looked him up on imdb and he's like 27 irl and now that I know that he looks WAY too old to be playing the part he's playing which makes the stalking even creepier.

I'm also glad to see Niki back, tho I actually think I like her better without DL. Since, no one else has mentioned it...did you guys realize who it was that Niki left Micah with in New Orleans?? It was Uhura from the original Star Trek! My husband is the one who caught it first. They didn't tell us anything about her but here is what I read online (spoilers about future episodes):

She will play a character called Nana, a New Orleans doyenne whose daughter died during Hurricane Katrina. Her character is in financial straits and has moved back to her once-flooded home where she cares for her grandchildren - one of them being new hero, Monica (Dana Davis). She is also great-aunt to Micah.

NWS
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NWS » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:43 am

I would cling to the hope that Sylar killing her was an illusion except that it would be so out of step with her character to let anyone see her as her concept of unattractive. I just don't think she's wise enough to let her fake dead corpse be anything other than thin. It's what the writers set up last season with her and Micah. If she's still alive, I'll give them full credit for pulling this slight of hand on me.

Since I didn't really like Scott Sum^H^H^H^H^H-Peter last season, I'd be okay with him starting over from scratch. At least, I would be if he'd just throw that box in the ocean and never mention it again. Of course, I'm sure there are many a moment of dramatic tension about the box to come before it's finally opened and forced upon him.

I agree that finally finding another freak like you is a plausible reason for making out. Claire would have been all over Peter if the writers hadn't been planning to make them related, I am sure. But the fact that he's a stalker and that she already knows her dad had a seedy past with the company before starting their current life makes me so frustrated with how easily her loyalties can be turned. And Val's right, Zack was so much cooler.

I don't agree with you on Mrs. Petrelli. I feel like they keep hinting that she has a power and being all careful to not show us what it is in a way that feels down right manipulated. They're trying so hard to make me interested in discovering her secrets that I just don't care. Nathan, however, has indeed become a more intriguing character that I want to know more about.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:48 am

Scott Sum^H^H^H^H^H-Peter l
explain?

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:07 am

I feel like this season is incredibly slow paced so far. I feel like the story hasn't really advanced at all. Maybe it is because when I watched the first season it was rapid fire over the course of a couple of days, but it seems so slow. To the point that it feels like I haven't learned anything new in the first three episodes. Well that's not true. Here's what I've learned so far.
-crazy disease
-hooded guy killing people
-hiro in past
-peter alive, doesn't know who he is
-nathan alive
-company still around
-sylar still alive
-molly with parkman and mohinder
-destructo twins
And I feel like I knew all of this by mid way through the first episode and they haven't done much with it. The only thing I can think of that we didn't find out in the first episode was that DL is dead. It's very frustrating.

NWS
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NWS » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:06 am

Scott Sum^H^H^H^H^H-Peter l
explain?
Scott Summers, aka Cyclops, is this really nice guy who always tries to do the right thing regardless of the level of personal sacrifice. He is boring, boring, boring, I am almost falling asleep thinking about him, boring.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:04 pm

Right now all I can say is...Veronica Mars on Heroes!!! Yay! I'm so excited. Because I was so upset when it got canceled! Yay for Kristen Bell! Okay, back to discussing Heroes.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:09 pm

Thank god this wasn't the most boring episode of television I've ever watched in my life.

Shocker: there's a new character I LIKE. I actually LIKE Micah's cousin, and I like her power. Way to go!

I still hate, hate, hate the Destructo Twins, but at least I like Sylar. That plot line still seems like it's bad news though.

No Ando--but no suffocatingly boring Hiro-in-the-past storyline! HOORAY!

Finally some Nathan! HOORAY!

I still hate Claire's bf, but I do like Claire. Daddy Bennet is back to his usual sanctimonious self--already I can see three steps ahead as far as all that is concerned.

Interesting that Matt's dad is one of the 12, but the One Big Happy Alliterative Family still gets on my nerves.

I'll give it a B-/C+
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Janus%TheDoorman
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Original Two-Face

Postby Janus%TheDoorman » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:27 pm

Was it just me or did Nathan call Kaito, Hiro?

Beyond that, I wonder if Monica's power extends beyond TV. Just judging from how she seemed to take it in, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. Also... was there more to Micah's trying to "fix" her than I picked up on? There certainly seemed to be, but I didn't pick up on anything.

Now, this is the first time I've actually been pulling for Sylar to kill someone. Now, I don't want him getting ahold of the ability to kill everyone within shouting distance, but I'd much rather never have to see the Destructo twins again.

Nathan... I still don't get the scarring, but I'm glad he isn't crawling up in a bottle. If his wife left himfor anything other than the alcoholism, though, she's on the blacklist.

West is getting far too Superman for my tastes. He's setting himself up to go all emo-victim on us when he finds out who Claire's father is. And, I'm still not convinced that he's going to kill Noah. I doubt Claire would be kissing the guy who just shot her father through the head.

Matt... well, his father being both a company man and the nightmare man, this makes for interesting possibility. We'll see where it goes. Glad to see Philly making an appearance :)
"But at any rate, the point is that God is what nobody admits to being, and everybody really is."
-Alan Watts

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Totoro To-to-ro

Postby shadow-petra » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:36 pm

This episode wasn't great...

I don't like the twins, epecially Maya. She's waaayy too trusting. I really wanted Claire to fall. Her dad was extremely sketchy, as always. Monica! Is! Amazing! I like Hiro's story. It's kinda out there, but it's comical.

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: World Traveler
First Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Postby Claire » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:11 pm

I must be easy to please. I've loved the season so far. I don't like Maya and Alejandro that much but they don't bother me THAT much either. I DON'T like Claire's plotline and I don't want Mr. Bennett to die!
I love the Parkman stuff though with his father, and as always I love Mohinder.

Slim
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slim » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:42 pm

Well, I guess that rules out my Sylar-is-in-an-illusion theory. Apparently, it was just some Central-American forest he was in. Oh, well. I'm still hoping Candace faked her own death, and that she really isn't an idiot. I guess if we never find out, then that will be the case.

Sylar: My name is Gabriel.
Me: Whaaa? Is he good now?
Sylar: *kills and plots*
Me: !!!

I also thought Nathan called Hiro's dad "Hiro," too, but I think he really said, "Here's Nakumura"

In speaking of which, I thought it was really strange that Nathan's father in the picture is facing to his left. (showing only the right side of his face.) Everyone else seems ready for the picture, and he's not even close. Could he be hiding something ... like horrible scars???

Someone stitched together a picture of the 12 former Heroes and put it on HeroesWiki.
Slim

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:43 pm

Maybe Papa Petrelli is facing sideways cause he's talking to Invisible Raymond Calitri (the character's name is Carl, maybe? In my head he's always Invisible Raymond Calitri--his [visible] character from Gone in 60 Seconds).
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Return to “Milagre Town Square”