Happy Birthday Sgt. Pepper!!!

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
peterlocke123
Soldier
Soldier

Happy Birthday Sgt. Pepper!!!

Postby peterlocke123 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:47 pm

So, being THE biggest Beatles fan EVER, I was überly excited when I first heard that Oasis, The Killers and Kaiser Chiefs (among others) would be re-recording Sgt. Peppers for release on BBC Radio today. Now, somehow I need to get a copy of this...

Link:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/n ... -knows-why

Mahatma
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mahatma » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:19 pm

Disputes about who's the biggest Beatles fan aside ( :wink: ), cool! I went Beatle-touring around London today and saw Brian Epstein's flat, where the release party was held 40 years ago today -- erm, yesterday? lol. Quite odd, since somebody else lives there now; feels sort of forgotten, and you wonder if anybody, especially the people who live there, realises the history packed in that place.

Anyway, I don't listen to any of those bands, but I do disagree with the author of that article -- I though I Am Sam was great. Hopefully people continue to refrain from screwing up. :)
"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:56 pm

Sounds sweet, thanks for the heads up. I, too, disagree with the author's take on I Am Sam. In fact, their whole article seems to be pretty pessimistic... but people generally are. I look forward to it!

Edit: stupid italics stuck on the end there...
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:11 am

am in the process of moving, but my roomate left four lps laying out today, Meet the Beatles, The Beatles Second Album, Sgt Peppers and Abbey Road. Something so nice about handling the actual record album rather than just an anonymous cd case. Those things had personality and class. :)
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Mahatma
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mahatma » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:07 am

I agree! There's something about records... it's just sort of magical. :)
"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Return to “Milagre Town Square”