Starlooker's Screaming Anger Thread Redux

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Caspian
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Ducky Consort

Postby Caspian » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:12 pm

JUST SEND ME THE ADDRESS SO I CAN GOOGLEMAP IT!!

...there is an xkcd about this but I can't find it.
It's not "noob" to rhyme with "boob". It's "newbie" to rhyme with "boobie".

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:13 pm

DAMNIT, THAT WAS ME, NOT PAUL!
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:42 pm

Here ya go!

(Edit: oops! you posted this in another thread already. sorry; I'm working through a backlog...)
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:11 am

f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f***.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:09 am

This is pretty much how I want to scream right now.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:49 pm

[insert angry bout of Tourettes here] There was at least one F word, C word, and S word. At least. I am feeling all sorts of misplaced rage at all sorts of things but I'm too blegh to lay it all out for you guys. Use your imagination.

ETA: For clarification, I'm angry about a lot of stuff not my tree. The only thing I'm going to rant about in here is my tree.

This is what my tree used to look like:

That is not the most recent picture I have of it in good health but I don't feel like searching for it and uploading. I did a significant pruning on it; basically, it had the shape it has now but the greenery of this picture.

This is what my tree now looks like:

Very unhealthy/dead branch:

Dead leaves:

Throughout the tree are these perfect holes:

My theory to my parents, in all of our many conversations in which I told them I lost the tree after a certain height, was that it got so cold, maybe all the sap expanded and pushed out. Immediately after the cold, there were golden pustules all over it. Maybe that was like loss of blood in a person...it went into shock and died?

Growth at the foot of the trunk:

The highest and growth has occurred is about 2.5 feet off the ground. In the next picture, you can see it to the left of the trunk, on the roof of the house across the street.

Anyhow, this tree has been an exercise in frustration. As my Dad said, "This thing just refuses to die." It will get close but it won't go all the way. Right after the 3 days of cold (in the 20s) in February that did this to my tree, I told my parents I knew something was wrong. I had seen it in its first really cold streak in January of 2007 and at that time, it was much smaller and didn't even start regrowth from the trunk, it started regrowth from the roots themselves.

I've spent years tending to it, hand watering, talking to it (I know, that makes me crazy but I don't give a s***), pruning it...it just flowered for me for the first time last year. I can't keep going through this s***, with it nearly dying and having to start over all the time.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

GS
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Ganon's Bane
First Joined: 02 Feb 1922

Postby GS » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Grrr. They just showed a commercial of Patrick Kane scoring the last goal of the Stanley Cup. I just realized that I am going to be haunted by that goal just like I am haunted by Joe Carter's homerun in 1993. That f****** sucks.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:37 pm

I am haunted by Joe Carter's homerun in 1993. That f****** sucks.
:D

Sorry, but that was the last time a Toronto sports team won ANYTHING important. It's good to know that it's remembered outside of Toronto.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

GS
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GS » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:45 pm

The entire Philadelphia area remembers it. It should be illegal to show it in the area. I have finally backed off my Blue Jay hate because it HAS been 18 years, they haven't made the playoffs in forever, I hate the Yankees and Red Sox more, but mostly because they gave the Phillies Roy Halliday.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:35 am

I haven't watched baseball since 1993, but I still love Joe Carter. He also made the winning out in 1992.

:D
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:10 am

I am so frustrated by my radiology professor.

She had us buy a copy of her powerpoint slides and she posts them in such a way that we can only view them at the school, in the computer labs. I have asked her twice in class to post them in a way that we could use the powerpoints at home because the way that I study is to type my class notes in an outline form. I do this for all my classes. For radiology, it's helpful to insert images from lecture to illustrate what I'm talking about. (Because, seriously, I can describe the ultrasonographic appearance of a kidney til I'm blue in the face (fingers?) but a lot of it is meaningless mumbo-jumbo.)

I have asked her for electronic access to the slides twice in person and then via e-mail. I mentioned in person that I would probably print-screen the slides from the school computers so I could do my notes as I need, but that it would be a colossal waste of time. (And one thing vet students don't have a lot of is free time to squander.) My e-mail was very polite and asked for the material that I need ot learn this material most effectively for me.

This is the email I got back:
"I have spoken to my colleagues and the computer staff regarding to your request. What perhaps you do not realize is that the images are copyrighted and are not to be copied or downloaded. They are also used extensively for Continuing Education seminars at national and international meetings. They are provided to you and your colleagues in a manner so that you can learn from them. However, due to some individuals misusing and copying the images for their own uses, they are not available in a digital format. In addition, the videos linked to the powerpoint presentations will not run on the majority of the newer computers properly and the movies are distorted. <b> In that regard, using print screen to copy the images amounts to violating the honor code. Do not do that. </b> I have made a very concerted effort to provide access to the videos and the lecture information in a format that is conducive to learn the information. It is my sincere desire that you are able to use the information given from the videos, the notes and the printed lectures to learn. But the digital format will not be available this year. We are working with the computer folks on campus with their IT folks with WebCt to have an access that you can view digitally here and at home. This may be available next year. But again the individual powerpoint images will not be available due to copyright abuse concerns."

I pretty much want to throttle her. I'm especially peeved that she's turned this into an "honor code" issue. I don't think having images in my personal notes is a copyright issue. It falls pretty damn close to fair use, I'd say. I'm just so irritated that I feel like I've made an entirely reasonable request and am being outright refused.

I can't send an e-mail back yet because I'm still so angry. Right now, it would be something along the line of "Well, thanks for your entirely unhelpful response. EXCELLENT job providing an 'environment conducive to learning' and 'being approachable outside of class'. I hope you die in a car wreck. Sincerely, me." Which, obviously, I can't send. Maybe after I sleep on it again I'll feel less like wishing her death.
-Kim

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:14 pm

My friends and I have been trying to schedule and plan our prom this year. We're all very excited about the gone with the wind theme. I've been looking at dresses, we've been working on the hand made invitations. After a lot of back and forth, we finally found a date that would work for all of us. I verified with my mom that the date would work, since my parents are catering the dinner and the whole event will take place in their back yard. It was fine, nothing going on, and she wrote it on her calendar.

My dad told me today that they've decided to go visit my brother that week. I am so mad. What a crappy thing to do! I know this isn't a paying gig, just something nice you were doing for your daughter and her friends, but it just seems so mean to just schedule something else instead! I want to fight it out and tell them how upset I am, but that's not something you ever tell my parents. This wasn't a small thing. We're inviting 31 couples. I am so ANGRY!!
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

GS
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GS » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:32 am

I completely forgot what I posted in this thread and I just reread it. Damn it.

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: GD in Disguise

Postby Petrie » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:07 am

At a whopping 35 posts on this username, you should not only remember what threads they are in, you should also remember, verbatim, what you posted.

:P
So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways, all my underdogs.

GS
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GS » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:03 pm

I drink a lot.

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:40 am

I drink a lot.
I heard this was a leading cause of problems with having things go up.

...like post counts.

GS
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GS » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:01 am

I have no idea at what else you could possibly be insinuating. :mrgreen:

(Really? No angel smiley?? Mr. Green just doesn't have the proper touch for this post.)

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:06 am

:mrgreen: (<-- actual, intended use of Mr. Green)

Make one little insinuation and Ed makes his post count grow overnight, nearly doubling it in size.

Showoff.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:07 am

f*** I AM SUCH AN IDIOT SOMETIMES. WAY TO LOOK PROFESSIONAL, SELF.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:00 pm

My prescription coverage is changing in a super terrible, really bad, incredibly stupid way. I can't even believe how much trouble this is going to cause in just trying to get simple medications. It's not going to *cost* any more, just take hours more in legwork/phone calls and weeks more in processing, each time I have to fill a script (which is very often). I am so mad and it's giving me an anxiety attack.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:20 am

FOR f***'S SAKE there is a REASON I asked to be put back on the departmental mailing list, and finding out third-hand that someone has PASSED AWAY is ONE OF THEM. NOT COOL. NOT f****** COOL.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:41 am

I spent all day (twelve hours) with a man in cuff and belt, screaming most of that time. I get home from work at 9:30. TWENTY-ONE THIRTY. I take a shower, lay down for bed and I hear the neighbors HAMMERING in their kitchen. For f***'s sake, I have to be awake at two to go BACK to work for twelve more hours. I get to work and he's still in cuff and belt, still screaming. SHOOT ME.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Caspian
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Ducky Consort

Re: Starlooker's Screaming Anger Thread Redux

Postby Caspian » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:42 pm

I can't stress strongly enough that this is Caspian talking, not Jayelle. She'll probably be annoyed with me for saying this and it's said without input from her.

Dudes. What the hell is wrong with you? Jan's in charge until she actually DOES anything and then you start throwing little hissy fits? There's a pettiness going on here that floors me. And if modding does come down to votes, a couple of you that yesterday I would have voted for in a flash have suddenly lost my vote due to extreme pettiness.

Some of y'all apparently don't like Dr. Mobius and don't want him to be a mod. Why is he a mod then? Because he stepped up. If you're going to sit around waiting for the mass of pweb to beg you to please seize power, you're going to be waiting a long time.
It's not "noob" to rhyme with "boob". It's "newbie" to rhyme with "boobie".

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:40 pm

Give me a break. I said I would help with anything and everything I could, so long as it didn't include telling people in a formal and official way to behave themselves, which is what modding came down to with lack of access to make any real or significant changes. If all you all wanted was someone to go button-clicking happy to rid bots that weren't taken care of fast enough to avoid me being permanently blocked from Pweb on the most convenient computer I have at work, I could have and would have done that. I have been here every f****** day trying to push people into giving a s*** about anything, more than your ever so helpful mods, and that you can say with a straight face that I haven't offered, or hell, even been helping as much as possible otherwise is a slap to the face.

I said no to babysitting the people on the site because I can be petty and wouldn't have patience with people trolling. I felt it was in the best interest of the site to decline that particular responsibility. I wasn't waiting for anyone to bestow powers on me or anyone else.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:03 pm

OH MY GOD ALEA JUST START
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Hehehehehe! :stoned:

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:54 am

Wow, this could go in the out of context thread too. I can't WAIT to hear what this was about. :shock:
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:13 am

Wow, this could go in the out of context thread too. I can't WAIT to hear what this was about. :shock:

Oh man, am I missing all the fun? Nah, pretty sure I know what this is about : P
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:11 pm

One of our neighbors shot at our window and broke it. We were watching football and the glass shattered. Luckily a police officer lives in our complex and saw him do it.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Um, what? That is some bubba s***.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Do we need a reason for him to yell at me? I don't think we do.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:48 pm

One of our neighbors shot at our window and broke it.
Update: the window is fixed.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:24 pm

SCREW YOU, PUROLATOR. YOUR WHOLE DAMN JOB IS TO DELIVER PACKAGES!!!!!

Leaving a note on the door of the BUILDING with NO INFORMATION besides who it is FROM is NOT OKAY. Any one of my neighbours could have pulled that off the door and picked up my packages. There are expensive computer parts in those packages.

ARGGGHHHHHHHHH. If this was the first time, I'd forgive you, but this is EVERY DAMN TIME.

HIRE NON-MORONS WHO KNOW HOW TO DELIVER TO AN APARTMENT.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:54 am

RAWREWRWIHTIQP/H//RHQ9UE9QU9RTU@#$%^&*(_*((@^#*%!HOIQAYR@!#@$!#$@#!$#@&)*&#*&$*^%

GODDAMNIT I f****** HATE MY JOB.

:bash: :bash: :bash:
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Sharing a laundry room with a bunch of inconsiderate morons makes me want to f****** STAB SOMEBODY.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Return to “Milagre Town Square”