Things that I hate

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Re: Things that I hate

Postby Mich » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:35 am

Oh man, I saw both of those linked in some place on the internet about "infuriating commercials" and couldn't believe they exist. Like, seriously? On that same note: why do men not need yogurt? Men love yogurt! Yogurt is tasty! Market yogurt towards men, too.

I'm sure that research has found that marketing something towards a specific gender actually nets you more purchases than marketing it towards both, but I don't think it should be that way. So it isn't.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:39 am

I hate the McDonald's radio commercial where these two guys come back and talk to their coworker "who counts things" and the commercial ends with them laughing at her.

I also hate the new Dr Pepper 10 commercial that's marketing to men. It's just weird.
-Kim

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:52 am

On that same note: why do men not need yogurt? Men love yogurt! Yogurt is tasty! Market yogurt towards men, too.
When I was in Germany, they used naked women in yogurt commercials. Maybe you just need to go to Europe to have yogurt marketed to you?
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:48 am

Dentists.

Turns out, when you wait ten years to go, you end up having to go to several appointments in a row to deal with 10 years of cavities.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:50 am

Dentists.

Turns out, when you wait ten years to go, you end up having to go to several appointments in a row to deal with 10 years of cavities.
Oh man do I know this hate!!!
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Cleo didn't get up to greet my FIL when he came home today... I don't think she is feeling well :(

OSCjunkie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby OSCjunkie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Verizon
People who are famous but no one knows why.
People who like the above mentioned famous people.
People who refer to themselves in the third person.

I don't know what phone Jersey Shore's "Situation" has but you see where I'm going.
"I aim to misbehave."- Mal, Serenity.

Noodle
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pastamancer Tony
First Joined: 06 Feb 1916

Postby Noodle » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Dentists.

I have a feeling I'm going to be knowing this pain myself very soon.
Co-Founder of the Canadian Alliance

I'm known as Tony on the internet.

Platypi007
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 0-2006

Postby Platypi007 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Dentists.

UGH.... don't SAY things like that. I haven't been to a dentist since I went in... 2000 or 2001 to have a tooth pulled because it was so bad. I hated dentists enough BEFORE that experience, but he was not good. He wasn't gentle at all when manhnadling my jaw, he had no personality, and then when he had numbed my gums he said, "I'm just going to poke around in here and see if everything is numb yet." Then he began pulling my tooth out two seconds later. If I hadn't hated dentists prior to that day he ensured that I would hate them thenceforth.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:51 am

Anti-dentite.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:51 pm

I hate going to my dentist too! Maybe it's my advancing age but it seems each process on my choppers gets more involved and a lot bigger co-pays! :|

Platypi007
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Platypi007 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:56 pm

Lack of insurance is my biggest reason not to have been to the dentist since I last went. (That and lack of pain. I didn't have insurance then, either, but the pain everytime I ate anything on the left side of my mouth was too much.)

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby thoughtreader » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:58 am

I hate feeling like I can't do anything right in this house.
I just want to run away!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:45 pm

*hugs Teresa* Living with adults, as an adult, isn't easy. I'm sure you're doing plenty right. Hang in there; you'll be out eventually.

Things I Hate About Job Hunting: Special Edition Hate
  • •My degree type (B.A.) is a dime a dozen
    •My degree focus (major) is worthless
    •People asking what my degree is in
    •People giving me that inevitable, "Why in the hell would you choose that?"
    •People trying to soften it by making unhelpful (because they don't understand the major in the first place) suggestions about how I might use that to get a job
    •People telling me how I should have approached college ten to six years ago
    •How my skills set is also a dime a dozen
    •People telling me I should teach again
    •How the jobs I'm applying for, the only ones for which I qualify, are so low on the totem pole that they'd be stupid to hire anyone but a local
    •That the jobs I'm qualified for don't pay enough for me to do much more than bare, brutal survival
    •That I'm still applying for certain positions I'm not qualified for and getting rejected by those as well
    •That it is highly likely I'll have to compromise on all the things that make it worth the effort in the first place; that I may as well stay in AZ if I have to give those things up
    •That I have to question how far into the 'burbs I am willing to go. At what point does it stop being "I live in a suburb" and "I can take a train into Chicago on whatever constitutes my days off but any more than that would be too much of a time/money kill."
    •I am close to 30 and still don't know what it is I want to do for a living; I would be okay with continuing in a library (though see above about qualifications and pay) but if someone asked me to name the one job I'd want to have more than anything else, I don't know that it'd be that.
    •This whole process always makes me question my self-worth (more than usual) and the fact that I wasn't born one of those luckier than all get out people who knew, either early on or from going to college, what they wanted to do/be. And I mentally go through this list every day I decide to look.
I mean, damn it all to hell, I am a good, smart, fast-learning, loyal, hard worker with one of the most epically old school work ethics you'll ever see! I don't do sick leave, I hardly ever take vacations, I cover for other people, I am reliable, I am honest when I make mistakes and ask when I don't know something. They're making mistakes, thinking whatever it is that leads them to ultimately reject my resume.

This process blows.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby thoughtreader » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:57 pm

That my dog is being confined to 1 room! The cats can go in whatever room they want. The cats couldn't give a flying f*** about the people in the other rooms. My dog wants nothing more then to just be be in the room. She is a people dog! She loves people.

By confining my dog they confine me because I actually care that she is happy. And wont leave her alone in a room. so here I sit alone feeling even more awkward and resentful then ever!

And that somehow I am the rude bitch because I don't want to lock my dog up because you (f****** sister in law) think that because you kid has touched my dog 5 times and is now sniffly the only solution is locking up the dog. I'm sorry that you and your baby are allergic to dogs (and f****** cats for that matter) and you are to dumb to release that there is more dog and cat hair and dander on the rug your child is playing on then the small amount she got from patting my dog on the head.

Maybe you should have tried to find some antihistamines or something before you came to visit a house with a dog and 2 cats!

But I guess I'm the bitch because even if she was healthy and probably going to live more then a few weeks I still wouldn't want to lock my dog up. especially if the cat still get run of the house you f****** stupid whore!

f***!!!!!

Sorry for all the fowl language but I'm to pissed off to care

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:26 pm

*hugs Resa*
The enemy's fly is down.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:25 pm

My mom just left.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Platypi007
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Platypi007 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Things I Hate About Job Hunting: Special Edition Hate
Ugh... Job hunting right now is worse than normal job hunting, which always sucks.
•My degree focus (major) is worthless
•People trying to soften it by making unhelpful (because they don't understand the major in the first place) suggestions about how I might use that to get a job
Yep. I am really, really regretting studying music 13 years ago, even though I would have a hard, hard time giving up the experiences I had with both degrees and wouldn't be able to convince 18 year old me to do otherwise.
•People telling me I should teach again
God, for me it is people telling me that I should teach, period. I have absolutely no desire to do so and would be doing a disservice to the students that would be under me and would probably stress myself out or make myself into an alcoholic or both, in the process. It is not for me, it has never been for me, and I refuse to even think about getting certified for it.
•I am close to 30 and still don't know what it is I want to do for a living; I would be okay with continuing in a library (though see above about qualifications and pay) but if someone asked me to name the one job I'd want to have more than anything else, I don't know that it'd be that.
32 in less than a week and I'm in something of the same boat. When I was 30 I thought I knew. Now I'm looking at rebooting my life and doing IT.
This process blows.
Hell yes it does. And the longer I stay in my current job acting like I'm someone that I'm not the worse it gets. There are days I wish I could just walk out of the church and never look back, days when the things the pastor says are so utterly offensive to me that I can't stand it, days when I have to pretend to be this spiritual person even though I don't believe a word of it, but if I did that I would lose all my income and I have no idea how my family would react, so I might even find myself without anything to fall back on. </rant>

It does, indeed, blow. It blows hard.

OSCjunkie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby OSCjunkie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Right with you, Gavity Defier. I went to college with everyone saying, "teachers are always in demand." BS. Florida raised the limit on class size and then Duval county (where I live) got fined for going above the limit all in an effort to fire half their teachers, because the state accepts that it is in the south and no one here cares if their children are educated. But the county spent millions recently revamping a park. Who cares if thousands of teachers are laid off and millions of kids suffer when we got a shiny new fountain that lights up at night?
"I aim to misbehave."- Mal, Serenity.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:16 pm

Misery loves company, didn't you know; at least I'm in good company. :)

I hate that part of the process for Christmas shopping for my nieces involves asking the question "Would this item be worth the effort of their mother trying to pawn it?" If yes, I have to pass on the idea.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:20 am

It would be really nice if this piece of s*** work computer would quit logging me out whenever I join chat or re-authenticate for the ACP. It always takes two attempts to get into chat and three for the ACP. It's damn near impossible to log into both at the same time, the log out bug compounds itself! :evil:
The enemy's fly is down.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:19 am

WTF! where is my FARMER FROM HELL title! :twisted:

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:39 pm

I hate that it's dark at 4:30 and it's not even close to the shortest day yet. Boo.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:41 pm

I don't know buckshot. I just tried to poke around and fix it but I'm not well-versed enough in my mod powers to do much good. Hopefully someone else can fix it for you. Sorry!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:14 pm

It's there, just lower then it used to be. Everyone's title has moved to a new place.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:21 pm

Titles? Those show as the stock: Launchie, Soldier, Toon Leader, Commander, Speaker for me. All the specialty ones are gone.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:23 pm

<-----Title?

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:24 pm

They've moved to below the post-count under your avatars.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:26 pm

I can't see them...

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:28 pm

No they haven't, unless I don't understand what a title is.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:29 pm

That.... is extremely odd. I can definitely see them.

Tech folks? Any ideas?

*goes off to root around the settings*

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:29 pm

Yeah, I'm not seeing it. Maybe the mods can see the specialty titles? Because I am definitely not seeing them.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Kirsten says I fixed it. Can everyone see them now?

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Yep! Thanks, ladies (and Josh). :)

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:25 pm

I kind of hate anxiety and trying to decide if happy drugs are making a difference or not when everything in my life is chaos.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Return to “Milagre Town Square”