Things that I hate

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Re: Things that I hate

Postby Luet » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:07 pm

I hate that I got a speeding ticket today. My first in about ten years. I deserved it since I was going 60 in a 45, although I was going somewhere in my new neighborhood that I had never been before and was not familiar with the speed limit. But I should have been paying attention. The cop was about as nice as a cop could possibly be while still giving me the ticket. He only wrote the ticket for 55 in a 45 and told me all about how to plead not guilty and said they would probably reduce it to a parking ticket since I have no priors on my record. But still...grrr!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Getting a 77.5 on my first Social Psych test. I mean, I read the book. I went to every class, and took notes.
How can a professor make such easy material hard on a test?

Not going on the roadtrip to Chicago that some of my friends went on. It's about time I start exploring the world like a normal adult.
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:36 am

Not going on the roadtrip to Chicago that some of my friends went on. It's about time I start exploring the world like a normal adult.
Boo for not going. I could have bought you lunch or something.

------------------------------------------------------

I hate, hate, hate knowing my dogs are sad. My big girl spends all day outside now, which she never did when I was there; my mom swears she's looking/waiting for me. And little man is crying by my door. And there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:44 pm

I know I should take it as a compliment, but I really dislike when people tell me know young I look. I know I'm short but that doesn't make me 15.
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:55 pm

I know I should take it as a compliment, but I really dislike when people tell me know young I look. I know I'm short but that doesn't make me 15.
Amen, sistah. My mom claims I'll be grateful for my young looks someday, but it doesn't make it any less annoying now.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:30 pm

I never believed it would happen either...when I was 19 and still being handed the kids menu at restaurants. But now that I'm 35 and people think that I'm at least ten years younger (sometimes even mistaken for a teenager!), I really do appreciate it.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 pm

On Super Tuesday, my almost-20-year-old girlfriend went to her former elementary school to vote (small towns do strange things like that), and someone said "I couldn't tell if you were one of the students". You can imagine how that went.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:01 am

We got new washers and dryers in our apartment complex which are great because they take debit cards (no more quarters!). I think I'm dryer retarded or something, because my towels came out very much not dry. I hate wet towels.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:14 am

My jealousy knows no bounds, Shannon!

ETA: Erm, about the new debit card washers and dryers, I mean. Not about the damp towels.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:52 am

Double Post.

Why did Netflix take Veronica Mars off instant watch!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Childish Gambino(Troy from Community!) concert - the highlight of my Spring Break - being canceled. :'(

The movie Pontypoon. Such a great concept (language zombie virus) wasted on a horrible movie.
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:34 pm

I hate when you get new glasses and they just don't feel right and you have to keep going back a million times to get them adjusted until they finally get it right.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Sugaring season has been done for a week already, and normally we're right in the thick of it. :(
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:51 am

I hate when you get new glasses and they just don't feel right and you have to keep going back a million times to get them adjusted until they finally get it right.
Ugh, yes.

I hate trying to get anything delivered to our stupid apartment. Stupid delivery people not even leaving a "you were out" tag. Argh.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am

I hate that, every time I talk to her, my mom says something joking about "well, you should just move back here!" It gets really tiresome, trying to come up with more seemingly innocuous responses, because I feel I've really played out "But I love my job and it pays well and I have a lot of friends here and I like here."

Every time she says something like that I flashback to when I was still an undergrad, and was looking at jobs in the Portland/Seattle Craigslists. "You know," my mom said, "your grandma was very torn up when your dad moved out of state and away from her."

"Oh yeah?" I wanted to retort. "Well darn. I guess he never would have met you if he had listened to that."

I get it. I understand how hard it is to have all three of your kids move out-of-state (and all across the country, as well). I'm sure it's very, very difficult. But it's part of growing up, on both sides of the fence. And I've been trying to be a grown-up about it as well. But it has been two years of this, and I don't think I can take the passive-aggression anymore. Others could. I probably can't.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:49 am

Ugh, Jeff, that sucks.

When I moved to Minnesota, I knew it would be for the rest of my life, and I made that very clear to my family. (Long story short: David's sister is autistic and very low-functioning. She has serious emotional issues that extend beyond her autism, as well. David is her co-guardian, and will someday be her sole legal guardian. While she has just recently moved into group housing, and we're hoping that arrangement will be beneficial to her for the remainder of her life, at the very least he needs to be here to handle all the legal and financial responsibilities, and, oh yeah, to spend time with her!)

My family was skeptical, and figured I'd move back eventually. David and I got engaged, which I thought would be a stop to that line of thinking, but no! My family STILL asks me if/when we ever plan to move to the East Coast for a bit, to keep things even. Um, what?

I'm sorry your mom is making it difficult for you. I wish I had some advice to offer.
Last edited by Young Val on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:03 am

You know, I have not ruled out the possibility of me ever moving back to AZ (but not the same city). I love it here, I don't feel like I've even scratched the surface (probably because I haven't), and I don't foresee going back soon but I can't say "never" to going back.

Yeah, there was no point to my posting that. Just an FYI, I guess.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:17 pm

My parents are a little beside themselves about me moving halfway across the country. They keep asking things like if I'm going to take the Texas state licensing exam "just in case we move back." (Answer: No. I'm not paying for a $500 test with $300/year upkeep fees just in case. I'll take it if we move back, which is a long shot.)
-Kim

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Well, I moved 30 minutes away and my mom keeps giving me guilt trips including texts of "I miss you. I knew you wouldn't visit as often once you moved. This sucks!" Part of the reason I moved was to get a little more distance from her. Gah!

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Ha, thanks for the support, guys. I know that it isn't as far or as long as some of all y'all, but seriously, just grating on my nerves lately.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:31 am

Hate is probably a little strong and this probably fits better in the irritations thread, but oh well.

I hate when I miss a button, end up with an unevenly buttoned shirt, and have to re-start my buttoning. 'Tis quite annoying.

Ela
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Get off my lawn!!
First Joined: 0- 9-2000

Postby Ela » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:38 pm

Spring cleaning.

But I only hate it till the house is nice and clean. Then I love it. :)
Pweb member since 2000

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:42 pm

I know the feeling! We are having a housewarming party tomorrow with about 50 people, so I've been cleaning like crazy. I get really anxious having people over so having this many is a bit overwhelming!

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:48 pm

I hate that our shower is still broken.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Ela
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Get off my lawn!!
First Joined: 0- 9-2000

Postby Ela » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:44 pm

I hate it that I chipped a tooth (or lost a filling, not sure which) and now it hurts when I eat, even on the other side, because my tongue rubs against the sharp broken edge when I chew. :(
Pweb member since 2000

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:07 am

When my hardboiled eggs aren't done. I love runny yolks (soft-boiled, I guess) but I can't stand runny whites. Gross.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:09 am

I just found out that I got a 1 on the Putnam, when I was fulling expecting to break 20, and sure that I would crack double digits - I even talked with our adviser after the exam and he was pretty sure that I was at least "on the right track" with all four of the problems I worked on, which is usually worth some partial credit. Meh.

[edit]
Also, this hits pretty close to home: http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... hers-death" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Freaking gas prices. They are so expensive here. It's up to $1.42/liter this week. For those making the conversion, that's about $5.60/gallon.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Refering to a father taking care of his child as "baby-sitting." Grrrrr.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:16 pm

THIS. This puts me into a blind rage.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:05 pm

THIS. This puts me into a blind rage.
:lecture:

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:18 pm

I really hate that, too. Grrr.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:36 am

I hate my VERY unsuccessful apartment hunt. I am just failing at life when it come so finding a roof to put over our heads.... *grumbles*

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:55 am

I hate when people on the bus abuse the disabled seats. I left them empty because I saw a couple old ladies about to get on, even though I have been having spasms and was carring Nom in her sling, and moved back a row. Then a couple middle-aged ladies just plunked themselves right down. Ragh. I feel like that's so rude.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:08 pm

I hate it when people chase after the large birds at the zoo. Especially when they are trying to grab a peacock's tail feathers. I hate it even more when adults are encouraging their children to participate in said activities. It's mean and it's dangerous for you. Especially during mating season, which it is right now!! (Why do you think the peacocks are putting on shows?)

I may or may not have let my feelings passionately out on this topic to a father at the zoo today.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Return to “Milagre Town Square”