Things that I hate

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:16 pm

- Running against the wind. No matter how fast you are, you'll always think you're running slowly, and that's depressing. (Especially if you're running with a friend who's faster than you)

- Not being able to sleep endlessly. Sleep is my favourite state of being and I wish I could be in it forever (unless I had a bad dream, of course).
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:04 pm

my phone not working mysteriously this morning. Why couldn't it wait one more month to go wonky! grrr... one month and two days and I get an entirely new/free phone. naturally it goes wacky now. gah
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:47 pm

My box of ginger snaps being empty.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:27 pm

I hate being torn between wanting a job and really liking to sleep late
Hey, not all jobs require waking up early. Night shifts!
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

chromesthesia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby chromesthesia » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 am

I reckon, but i'm at the mercy of the public transportation system

Though if it was near my house... better yet, working from home.

I hate when I stop taking ometprozole and I start getting heartburn again.

ow. Heartburn.
I also wish television had less stupid stuff on it.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:16 am

While mushroom hunting yesterday and scouting for hunting I found very fresh Grizz sign! It makes me nervous and I really don't want them to move back into my area :shock:

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:28 pm

my kitten
-Kim

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:21 pm

Uh oh, Kimmy, what did the kitty do?!

I hate being so prone to horrible bouts of stomach pain, vomiting and the like...for no discernible reason.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

chromesthesia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby chromesthesia » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:45 pm

Uh oh, Kimmy, what did the kitty do?!

I hate being so prone to horrible bouts of stomach pain, vomiting and the like...for no discernible reason.
I have a simular problem. IBS. I hate it.

I also do not like King of the Hill very much, but I used to like it, but then it annoyed me...

Also that liberal conservative thing gets annoying too. I lean more liberal, but do they have to act like liberals are evil and bad and worship the devil and practice cannibalism?

A little perspective here... Most liberals and conservatives are not evil.

Also movies with too much blood. And the fact that I sneezed blood which is kind of scary Actually this movie is tolerable compared to other movie to book translations.
Also I continue to think Dr. Manhattan was a wuss.
And I hate and love when some unexpected thing like the video store closing causes me to spend 23 dollars on video games and dvds JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE ON SALE!

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:36 pm

He's just being a giant pain, Nomi. He's super sweet about 25% of the time, pretty typical kitty about 50% of hte time and a GIANT PAIN 25% of the time.

For example, he has a blood feud against toilet paper, and can open the cabinet above my toilet and pull the toilet paper out. So, I can no longer keep toilet paper in my bathroom (he stays in there when I'm not home, because he destroys things if he's left out while I'm gone.)

He also has developed a new habit of jumping up on the back of the couch and hit-and-run biting hte back of my head. Ouch.
-Kim

chromesthesia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby chromesthesia » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:18 pm

awww. I miss all the annoying things Bernie-Bunny used to do.
Like decorating the apartment with poop. Trying to get into my territory. Breaking into my room as soon as I cracked the door open. Trying to squeeze his massive furry body under the crack of my door. Communally peeing with me in the bathroom...

I hate not having him around anymore... Next month Holoween will be a full Bernie-less year. I miss that rabbit. :cry:
He was so cute when he'd drive me insane.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:42 pm

The process of retraining my brain, so that after the initial suckiness of being constantly reminded of someone I don't want to be reminded of, the reminders become enjoyable again.

Having no one I can cry with/to. I mean literally, tears streaming down my face, snotty crying and not whining-crying. Okay, maybe a bit of whining but mostly just unintelligible sobbing. It takes a lot of trust and reassurance for me to be okay crying in front of someone and currently, there's no one in my life who fits that criteria.

Having no, what I refer to as "Paul," in my life. Named after Jeebsy, even. I've always had one person, always male strangely enough, step up to the plate and be there for me every day to basically hold my hand, distract me, or talk me through whatever romantic and familial failure was happening in my life. Jeebsy for M, Goat for C...no one for Brat. Josh, dear as he is, can't respond to hardly anything and is too easily distracted and Adam seems to be tired of my s*** and incapable of being anything less than brutally honest.

Not wanting to give up on the Potential when the Reality hints that it is time.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:18 am

not tired, I just often forget, or refuse to acknowledge that honesty is sometimes not what is sought. :(

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:57 am

Having no one I can cry with/to. I mean literally, tears streaming down my face, snotty crying and not whining-crying. Okay, maybe a bit of whining but mostly just unintelligible sobbing. It takes a lot of trust and reassurance for me to be okay crying in front of someone and currently, there's no one in my life who fits that criteria.
This.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:28 pm

The ordinariness that threatens to retake my life.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Throwing up.

That I'm so useless right now. I hate the Brian has to do everything.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:07 pm

The feeling that all of my coworkers are essentially useless. I know it's not true (we're all rather busy)... but after the Nth thing that I needed to rely on someone else for that just plain didn't get done... argh.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:50 am

People who don't finish a course of antibiotics. Argh argh argh!

(For example, my boyfriend had bronchitis a couple weeks ago, and he has a package of antibiotics (azithromycin) sitting on his bathroom counter with 2 pills left in it. It took a lot of will power for me not to nag him about it when I was there last weekend.)
-Kim

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:33 pm

You really SHOULD have nagged him about it.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm

It had already been a week or so since he should have finished them. Taking the 2 then would have just exacerbated the problem.
-Kim

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:37 pm

Jumping a tax bracket. And student loans.

Got my first real paycheck. But I am not happy.

Nearly a third of my year-to-date federal income tax came from this particular paycheck.

Well, hell. Basically, my net income is going to be less than I was living on last year with stipend and student loans. But at least no one is ever going to ask me to pay this money back. Unfortunately, they will ask me to use it to pay the student loans back, and I foresee that will be a big, big, big problem.

I don't know why I didn't just stay at f****** seven-eleven.

Remind me, when I have children, not to encourage them remotely to get an education, okay? No way will I be able to save enough to put them through, and I don't want them starting life under massive debt-loads.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

chromesthesia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby chromesthesia » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:08 pm

Conflict. Taking sides in said conflict.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:12 am

Remind me, when I have children, not to encourage them remotely to get an education, okay? No way will I be able to save enough to put them through, and I don't want them starting life under massive debt-loads.
That depends entirely on where they go to school, and what they get for scholarships. I'm going to a $40K/year school, and I'll be getting out debt free. And it's not because my family is rich (which we aren't), or because I'm working multiple jobs while in school.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:38 am

I know that. I went to an excellent private college mainly on scholarships and grants.

It's f****** graduate school that's the problem. And, do me a favor, and don't tell me how it all works out as long as you don't do something stupid like go into psychology or some do-gooder kind of career where there's no f****** money, okay? I'm just really not in the mood to hear all of the ways that I could be making money and not trying to figure out what the f*** to do about all this.

I am literally nearly insane with anxiety over this. And I would know.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:01 pm

I know that. I went to an excellent private college mainly on scholarships and grants.

It's f****** graduate school that's the problem. And, do me a favor, and don't tell me how it all works out as long as you don't do something stupid like go into psychology or some do-gooder kind of career where there's no f****** money, okay? I'm just really not in the mood to hear all of the ways that I could be making money and not trying to figure out what the f*** to do about all this.

I am literally nearly insane with anxiety over this. And I would know.
I love you so very much, and if I was in some sort of lucrative career I would try to help. Unfortunately, all I have to add is "I second this!"

Kids, don't go to grad school unless you are absolutely sure there is nothing else in this world that will make you happy, ever. Otherwise it just isn't worth the pain.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:07 pm

Double post because I want my own rant space, not get in the way of Kirsten's.

Streetcar tracks.

Idiot arrogant cyclists, me included.

f***.

Also, all the idiot arrogant cyclists that don't obey the rules of the road and make cops less sympathetic to genuine incidents. THIS MEANS YOU, YOU f****** RED-LIGHT RUNNERS. (For the record, this is me-not-included. I was obeying the rules, I was just not careful enough.)
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

chromesthesia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby chromesthesia » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:08 pm

I hate spending money in such a stupid way (blockbuster closing) that I am now semi-broke because I must pay 100 dollars to...

some place.

I will sell my copy of FF12 and the book that I got with it.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:35 pm

Sneezing while driving. It is the absolute worst.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:41 pm

Somewhat related, I used to fear I'd yank the wheel and crash due to sneezing while driving. Or just crash from temporarily losing sight of the road. Then I sneezed while driving and realized I worry too much.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:27 pm

Day dreaming while pissing into the wind, right boot paying the price! :|

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:34 pm

that when I come home I seem to poop twice a day--probably because I seem to eat so much more--and a lot of it is junk food and mom's ever present candy bowl. I had a method for resisting temptation that worked fabulously last christmas time, but the motivation driving that method is gone now, sad.

I guess I hate that if you put me in the vincinity of a quantity of food it is likely that I will continue eating it until the food is gone. a plate of cookies, I won't stop at one or two, I'm much more likely to stop at fifteen-fifty, whenever the plate is gone--or if I start feeling ill/indigestion from eating too much junk. Same thing with bag of potato chips, can of pringles, dish of candy, food from lunch/dinner/breakfast not yet put away or generic snacks. the only thing this isn't really true of is fruit because I feel bad about taking all the fruit. That and eating two apples or an apple and a bananana and you actually feel like you've eaten something. I could eat two apples and be happy or I could eat a pound of reeses peanut butter cups and still be browsing the kitchen for more food. Yet I'm not very likely to eat two apples or two bananas. That's very odd/bad, imo.

chromesthesia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby chromesthesia » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:45 pm

I hate flooding the bathroom.
I was totally going to take myself a bath and I flooded the bathroom.
I haven't done that in ages.
Now my poor neighbour's floor is wet. I think I soaked up most of the water.
Most of it.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:02 am

I guess I hate that if you put me in the vincinity of a quantity of food it is likely that I will continue eating it until the food is gone. a plate of cookies, I won't stop at one or two, I'm much more likely to stop at fifteen-fifty, whenever the plate is gone--or if I start feeling ill/indigestion from eating too much junk. Same thing with bag of potato chips, can of pringles, dish of candy, food from lunch/dinner/breakfast not yet put away or generic snacks. the only thing this isn't really true of is fruit because I feel bad about taking all the fruit. That and eating two apples or an apple and a bananana and you actually feel like you've eaten something. I could eat two apples and be happy or I could eat a pound of reeses peanut butter cups and still be browsing the kitchen for more food. Yet I'm not very likely to eat two apples or two bananas. That's very odd/bad, imo.
That's basically how I am. Leave with my a giant bag of Cool Ranch doritos, or goldfish, or cookies, wheat thins, whatever. And I'll demolish the whole thing without even thinking about it. At least with the doritos, that's like 1200 calories, and it still won't feel like I've eaten anything. Fortunately this usually only happens once a week, and its usually on days where I haven't been eating much anyway, but it's still not a good habit.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:07 am

My wife always stocks our little ranch up north of Chewelah (my hunting camp) with way too much junk food all fall season . I end up staying up there at least 5 days a week all fall and I tend to take the easy way on meals. Most of the time it's just too easy to open a bag of chips or cookies and pop a beer or two and rarely cook anything unless people show up. I shouldn't be trusted with all that junk food. :?

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:22 am

That facebook is acting up. Meh. Random chunks of conversations disappearing, and a couple multi-paragraph messages were eaten as I hit send.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”