Things that I hate

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
chromesthesia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby chromesthesia » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:03 pm

I hate being low on money and yet still craving awesome cool stuff.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:03 am

Oh my god, I feel that pain right now.

There are SO MANY BOOKS I want to order from Amazon.com right now for the sake of my job -- SO MANY. It is RIDICULOUS. Not to mention wanting to buy stuff to decorate the office and make it more child-friendly. But my new salary has yet to kick in, and I have to pay the stupid rent and for stupid groceries instead.

Bleagh.

ARGH.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:49 pm

My parents just bought Ginny a Dora the Explorer Ride-On Toy.
It beeps, it honks, it sings, it makes every noise imaginable. It has NO OFF SWITCH.

Why? Why? Dear God, Why?

Oh, and she loves it.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:53 pm

Why? Why? Dear God, Why?
Payback. And fiendish amusement.

Seriously, I've several times been shopping with people for gifts for their relatives' and/or friends' children -- and whenever a beeping, noisy, no-off switch toy is chosen, there's always a look of manic glee in the person's eyes as they say, "Oh, she'll LOVE this," and then, like it's a casual afterthought, "oh my gosh, though, it's going to drive her parents crazy." And then there's usually some high pitched cackling as they head to the checkout.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:40 am

I once (as a 2 year old) coerced my grandparents into buying me a remote control tonka bucket loader with a button that made it say "Lift it up! Lift it up! Drop it! Drop it!"

Somehow I managed to get the button stuck on the hour-long car ride home, and by the end even I was crying "make it stop! make it stop!"
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:58 pm

I know this is slightly off topic, but when I was two, I pulled the fire alarm at Baptist Hospital, and firefighters came. I was in trouble. That's all I can remember...
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:14 pm

Coming to PWeb and finding a very small selection of new posts.
Last edited by elfprince13 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:23 pm

Having the wrong breakfast. Although I'm full, I'm most definitely unsatisfied and that makes it all the more likely I'll keep munching on things until a) I either get SO full that I want to throw up or b) I finally find something that is a semi-close second best.

(I wanted a muffin and the only place worth getting them at in this stupid place is closed on Sundays. Had they been open, I was prepared to wake up early and go in my pajamas just to get my greedy, chunky little hands all over one.)
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

chromesthesia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby chromesthesia » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:09 pm

I hate the phrase "autism epidemic"

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:53 pm

When someone says/types the TM in "Just Works (™)". STOP. IT IS DUMB.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:07 pm

I really, really, really, really, really hate the part of me that constantly evaluated and second-guesses my relationships with people, but it probably wouldn't be such of a worry if I wasn't the kind of person who keeps up friend facades.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:05 pm

Anxiety, dread, fear, insecurity, shame, terror, embarrassment, etc.

Remind me never to owe a favor to anyone who facillitates a group ever again.

ETA: Not as bad as I feared, but not GOOD, either. One mortifying experience I've been afraid of since I started doing this, that I basically handled by just ignoring.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

chromesthesia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby chromesthesia » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:11 pm

I hate it when people say that women are supposed to do this and men are supposed to be that.
Why can't folks do what they want within reason?
Where's the fun in having these rigid roles? When I get a man I don't want him to be all whiny if our roles shift.
Gross.
I think I'd stay single rather than put up with that stuff. ARG!
I wonder if women are more flexible about things like this... Seems like if something happens you should just roll up your sleeves and suck it up.
Plus these men seem to devalue all the hard work women do. I'd say women have it harder in terms of having to deal with work AND kids!

*watching Dr. Phil* Damn, these men are so whiny! If I ended up with a man like that, I'd kick him to the curb so fast.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:19 pm

I hate it when people say that women are supposed to do this and men are supposed to be that.
Why can't folks do what they want within reason?
Where's the fun in having these rigid roles? When I get a man I don't want him to be all whiny if our roles shift.
So men aren't supposed to be all whiny about roles? They're not supposed to be like that, huh? HUH? HUH?

( :D )

dgf hhw

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:13 pm

I'm PISSED that my Vibram FiveFingers popped seams :(

Toon Leader
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Toon Leader » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:27 pm

I hate that people ACTUALLY believe that Obama's health care plan contains a charter for death squads. Why is my country filled with sheep?!

chromesthesia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby chromesthesia » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:38 pm

I hate that people ACTUALLY believe that Obama's health care plan contains a charter for death squads. Why is my country filled with sheep?!
That's annoying me too. Along with the HITLER THING!!! AUGH!!! HOW THE HECK IS OBAMA LIKE HITLER! HITLER DIDN'T EVEN LIKE BLACK PEOPLE!!!!! *pulls hair*

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:29 pm

In line with the politics thing:

I hate people getting all political on facebook. Even if I agree with them (e.g., "If you believe no one should die..." which I do believe, but don't particularly see how putting that on my status is going to do anything but annoy my conservative friends). And, admittedly, I hate it especially when I don't agree.

I particularly got mad at one person who referred to Obama as "Your president." (A North Dakotan who was as American as apple pie under W.) This REALLY f****** pushed my buttons, because as much as I hated the Bush administration -- and I did hate them -- I never, ever once would have been as petty as that. The president, like it or not, is the president of all the citizens. If I was able to deal with that after the 2000 and 2004 elections, you can deal with it now. What living in a democracy means, for heaven's sake, is that we have this system whereby we vote and the person with the majority of electoral votes wins. And that means that sometimes the majority might not agree with you and you might not like the results, but since it's a democracy your turn will come again to try to make a difference. THIS is what it means to live in that country with the pretty red, white, and blue flag you were trying to shove down my throat these past eight years -- and then suddenly you don't like the administration and you're talking about secession and how the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots, etc., etc.? WTF.

Anyways, I rigged it so I don't see her status updates any more right after that one, which pushed me over the edge. And I have a few other people I may end up doing that with. It's one thing to be angry with the administration you're living under -- heaven knows, I understand that particular emotion -- and another thing to go completely psycho and/or petty about it.

[/rant]
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:14 pm

What living in a democracy means, for heaven's sake, is that we have this system whereby we vote and the person with the majority of electoral votes wins. And that means that sometimes the majority might not agree with you and you might not like the results, but since it's a democracy your turn will come again to try to make a difference.
Not to single you out or anything, but one of my pet peeves is people not making the distinction between leaving in a democracy and living in a democratic republic. We absolutely do not live in the former.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:18 pm

I hate going to the dentist just to find out things are worse then they told me and I need a lot more done.

So, maybe I hate teeth? Bleh.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:07 am

What living in a democracy means, for heaven's sake, is that we have this system whereby we vote and the person with the majority of electoral votes wins. And that means that sometimes the majority might not agree with you and you might not like the results, but since it's a democracy your turn will come again to try to make a difference.
Not to single you out or anything, but one of my pet peeves is people not making the distinction between leaving in a democracy and living in a democratic republic. We absolutely do not live in the former.
Yes, I am aware of that. I did pass 8th grade history. However, frankly, the distinction seemed rather irrelevant as pretty much all of the people reading this know what country I'm from and how the system works.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:37 pm

Yes, I am aware of that. I did pass 8th grade history. However, frankly, the distinction seemed rather irrelevant as pretty much all of the people reading this know what country I'm from and how the system works.
I figured you were aware of it....but sadly most people are not aware of the distinction, and the people who should know better not being careful to make it only helps keep everyone else misinformed/uneducated. Again, I'm not trying to go crazy on you or anything, but it is an important distinction.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:51 pm

To piggy back of Kirsten, I hate when people post Bible verses as their facebook statuses. Urgh.
-Kim

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:12 pm

Feeling out of the loop.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:18 pm

It's better than being out of the Loop. That's something I hate.

(Every other loop is overrated, so don't feel bad for not being in one.)

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:50 am

Feeling out of the loop.
Yeah, join the club. It's less of a loop then it appears to be.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:13 am

Things that I hate: my sister, being thoroughly egotistic and not cleaning up after herself.

Also: the fact that I'm (sort of) a cleanliness freak, and this ticks me to no end.

(Just to be clear: I write this post after the 150,001th time she forgot to be clean, despite my family and I's constant begging and requesting)
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

chromesthesia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby chromesthesia » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:49 pm

I'm always out of the loop.

I hate being hungry. It's annoying. And waiting for money I need to come to me...
And waiting for packages... and waiting for my free burgers to show up. I better call these folks because if they don't deliver my meat I will be very cross!
I need that meat.
And I hate waiting.

I do like that many waters verse.
I hate the MDA telethon.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:11 pm

Feeling out of the loop.
Um, seriously now, is this a Pweb loop you two are talking about? Of course, perfectly acceptable to tell me it's none of my business.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:55 pm

It's better than being out of the Loop.
But being out of the lifeloop is probably a good thing. Probably better for Arran, anyway. (Or maybe "off the loop"? I can't remember how they use it)

dgf hhw

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:14 pm

Feeling out of the loop.
Um, seriously now, is this a Pweb loop you two are talking about? Of course, perfectly acceptable to tell me it's none of my business.
Maybe I just mean loops in general that I'm not in. Pweb. Real life. It happens in both.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:02 am

But being out of the lifeloop is probably a good thing. Probably better for Arran, anyway. (Or maybe "off the loop"? I can't remember how they use it)
That was a good short story.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eskarina
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eskarina » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:43 am

Every year's demand on buying new textbooks. Especially with close to empty wallet.
We should have no regrets. ... The past is finished. There is nothing to be gained by going over it. Whatever it gave us in the experiences it brought us was something we had to know.
- Rebecca Beard

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:47 am

Waiting. Especially if it's over something I could have been told instead of being left to discover.

Waking up earlier than my alarm. By an hour. On a workday. And being unable to fall back asleep.
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chromesthesia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby chromesthesia » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:12 pm

I hate being torn between wanting a job and really liking to sleep late and wondering if it makes me a lazy terrible person for wanting to win the lottery and get rich and just read and write books all day long and listen to music and somehow get paid to do what I want to do instead of what I have to do such as wearing very uncomfortable shoes and standing for hours upon end.

I also hate headaches and various things that come with being a woman.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”