Things that I hate

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Thu May 28, 2009 9:13 am

*click*

DAMNIT! I'm in the Foyer again!

*click*

DAMNIT!!!

Also, my mind skips the first three threads of Milagre automatically.
This.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Thu May 28, 2009 9:47 am

That Syphon really has my full undivided attention, right now! :P

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Thu May 28, 2009 8:39 pm

AP tests
Agreed. And AP classes. 'Cept for chem. =]
And taking AP Spanish at all.
It's opposite for me.
Pre-AP Chemistry is the class I hate the most this year.
AP Chemistry will most likely be the class I hate the most next year.

Ummm...the opposite gender. :D
Jk
Don't go into AP Chem with that attitude!
It's such a beautiful class...

I'm not sure about your school, but at mine, AP chem is actually considered easier than Pre-AP chem. Embrace chemistry! It helps with the girls! Or at least me? Hate AP Spanish. Trust me.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Thu May 28, 2009 8:50 pm

AP tests
Agreed. And AP classes. 'Cept for chem. =]
And taking AP Spanish at all.
It's opposite for me.
Pre-AP Chemistry is the class I hate the most this year.
AP Chemistry will most likely be the class I hate the most next year.

Ummm...the opposite gender. :D
Jk
Don't go into AP Chem with that attitude!
It's such a beautiful class...

I'm not sure about your school, but at mine, AP chem is actually considered easier than Pre-AP chem. Embrace chemistry! It helps with the girls! Or at least me? Hate AP Spanish. Trust me.
Beautiful class :shock: XD
Well then, you must be super good at chemistry, or something.
I mean, my mom is a chemist, but none of her talent passed onto me.
I have good memory, yet it never manages to catch on to polatomic ions. It never manages to grasp the Nomenclature.
I actually had AP Chemistry at the beginning of the year, but I'd previously only taken IPC before, so I got hit with intense chemistry that I had no chance of understanding....I still don't think I will understand.

My only hope is that my mom will tutor me on chemistry throughout the summer, and that I will be able to pick it up.

Easier? :? Not over here. I wish.
How exactly does it help with the girls? lol I'm in French, but when I took spanish, I never once thought of taking an AP/pre-AP class.
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Thu May 28, 2009 9:02 pm

To stay on track with the thread! I really hate when people leave.. It makes me so sad.

For the girls thing, guy who can explain balancing redox equations=hot. (To me, at least.)
Spanish is a great language, but terrible class. I usually equate it with suffering.
You can get chemistry, though! I believe in you. But I can understand your situation. Physics C studying is a big part of my summer plans. Though I have a feeling it's not what will happen.

That's another thing I hate! Science that I don't understand.. and calculus quizzes on the first day of school..

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Thu May 28, 2009 9:14 pm

To stay on track with the thread! I really hate when people leave.. It makes me so sad.

For the girls thing, guy who can explain balancing redox equations=hot. (To me, at least.)
Spanish is a great language, but terrible class. I usually equate it with suffering.
You can get chemistry, though! I believe in you. But I can understand your situation. Physics C studying is a big part of my summer plans. Though I have a feeling it's not what will happen.

That's another thing I hate! Science that I don't understand.. and calculus quizzes on the first day of school..
I really hate people that act like they don't like you, when you haven't done anything wrong.

lol I'm going to assume that your joking. I don't see how being good at chemistry would attract anyone. Coincidently, my class just learned redox this week.
The only problem I have with spanish is the fact that it has like a million different tenses that you have to memorize. But, I'm guessing that's true for most languages other than English...
I kinda can't get chemistry though. I can remember most anything a person says, that I actively listened to, and tell them that they said it years later. I can't however memorize most of the Chemistry stuff.
The knowledge won't stay in my memory.

Oh yeah, I'm taking Calculus next year. However, I don't even know what calculus is about.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Thu May 28, 2009 9:35 pm

I do like you! I like most people!

But I love chemistry.. I really am attracted to people who are good at it.. But not just chemistry! Just people who are intelligent, in general!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu May 28, 2009 9:41 pm

I really am attracted to people who are good at it..
So we're trying to attract people here, now? Is it spring still?

Cezen, let me give you a tip: ignore anything she says about how to become more attractive to girls, unless you are trying to attract her specifically. Girls like all sorts of things; we're crazy that way.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:43 pm

Oh yeah, I'm taking Calculus next year. However, I don't even know what calculus is about.
Ever been playing a video game, and somebody else pulls off a really crazy maneuver and everyone yells "LOL HAX"....that's basically calculus vs normal math.

Actually...it's all about limits, and the weird things that happen around them, which allow you to meaningfully solve a lot of problems that would otherwise involve dividing by zero or repeating something an infinite number of times.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Thu May 28, 2009 10:00 pm

I really am attracted to people who are good at it..
So we're trying to attract people here, now? Is it spring still?

Cezen, let me give you a tip: ignore anything she says about how to become more attractive to girls, unless you are trying to attract her specifically. Girls like all sorts of things; we're crazy that way.
But it's still cool to be attractive to me! I don't particularly mind. But she's right. Girls are far too diverse for their own good. (Kidding?)

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu May 28, 2009 10:38 pm

But it's still cool to be attractive to me! I don't particularly mind. But she's right. Girls are far too diverse for their own good. (Kidding?)
Um...that parenthetical applies to the whole part I quoted, right?

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Thu May 28, 2009 10:52 pm

It applies to the "Girls are too diverse for their own good." part! I like diversity!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu May 28, 2009 11:19 pm

I'm just wondering what you're trying to hype up here: Chemistry or you.

If the former, maybe tell him why Chemistry is so awesome and have it be for a reason other than "I'm attracted to Chem-nerds." Presumably, there are awesome things about Chemistry that have nothing to do with your hormones. [insert bad joke about two people having chemistry here]

If it's the latter, well, just PM him or IM him and give him a list of things you find attractive, and if he's so moved, he'll start going down that list and attempt to mold himself into your ideal.

Seriously. Who would mind it if the people they're surrounded by were attractive?

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Fri May 29, 2009 12:48 pm

Seriously. Who would mind it if the people they're surrounded by were attractive?
That's my point! Haha, but it doesn't particularly matter. It's just intelligence that I find attractive, and I know others do, as well. I want to provide incentive for learning! I don't know.. I love learning?

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Fri May 29, 2009 2:55 pm

I want to provide incentive for learning!
It sounds more like you want to be incentive for learning. :P

This reminds me of a student I had last year. Major underachiever and troublemaker when he was in my class, but the next semester he was practically a model student. What happened? Basically his studious girlfriend told him she was tired of people asking her why she was with such a dumbass. We had quite a laugh over it in my department. We wanted to set up some kind of a matchmaking service where we matched dumb guys with smart cute girls to whip them into shape. So you just might be on to something. Let it be known that girls are attracted to intelligence. At least every worthwhile one I've ever met is.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Fri May 29, 2009 3:37 pm

I think her ideal is being the center of attention.

I hate people pleasers who have no obvious opinion and always skirt around direct confrontations with double negatives, self contradictions, and question marks.
The password is "guilty"

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Fri May 29, 2009 6:40 pm

Ever been playing a video game, and somebody else pulls off a really crazy maneuver and everyone yells "LOL HAX"....that's basically calculus vs normal math.

Actually...it's all about limits, and the weird things that happen around them, which allow you to meaningfully solve a lot of problems that would otherwise involve dividing by zero or repeating something an infinite number of times.
Sounds pretty complicated. Though, I used to be a beast at math. Apparently, I got dumber this year, since my state mandatory test score went down (like 200 points)from last year, when I only missed one.

lol I really don't know what to say. This whole thing gave me a good lol, though.
Soooo Human, I should get good at chemistry, so I can attract you?

Gravity Defier- Yeah I know. I mean, I'm pretty sure for most girls(at least teenage ones), it's about looks or status, not knowledge on chemistry. lol

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Fri May 29, 2009 6:44 pm

I actually found calculus to be quite a bit easier than trigonometry.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Fri May 29, 2009 6:54 pm

I don't know anything about that, as well.

On topic: I hate people who don't answer their phones, especially, when your stranded at school, with no ride =( .
Last edited by CezeN on Fri May 29, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri May 29, 2009 6:54 pm

I only understood trig once I started calculus. But that may have been the two different people teaching it.

Also, chem is super-awesome, and I definitely know girls who are attracted to science boys. I live in a small, geeky, bubble-shaped world, but such girls do, in fact, exist.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri May 29, 2009 7:09 pm

Gravity Defier- Yeah I know. I mean, I'm pretty sure for most girls(at least teenage ones), it's about looks or status, not knowledge on chemistry. lol

And yet, that's not what I was trying to get at.
Everyone I've ever known well, males included, has thought intelligence was attractive. I'm not arguing that anyone is looking for looks or status over intelligence (in general or of a specific knowledge), though people do and that's their prerogative. What I'm trying to get at, that Kelsey is not getting, is this:

When you love something, like Chemistry, you should probably talk about the things you love about it.

For example, I love Star Wars. When people who haven't seen it ask if it's any good or what I like about it, I'm not going to tell them "I am soooo turned on by guys who watch it! I just want everyone to watch it, so if you do, know that I'll be super duper attracted to you as a result! I love movies! Oh, by the way, did you know it's a turn on for me?" I'd tell them it's campy fun or about the characters or something about it, not me.

I'm sorry Confessions person said it quite the way they did; I don't hate any of what was said but it did get on my nerves that it shifted the way it did.

I was also trying to get at the point that some people are attracted to different types of intelligent people, so focusing on one to impress someone is dumb. There's someone out there who will appreciate your academic passion; that's who you want to be with.
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Fri May 29, 2009 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Fri May 29, 2009 7:16 pm

And yet, that's not what I was trying to get at.

Everyone I've ever known well, males included, has thought intelligence was attractive. I'm not arguing that anyone is looking for looks or status over intelligence (in general or of a specific knowledge), though people do and that's their prerogative. What I'm trying to get at, that Kelsey is not getting, is this:

When you love something, like Chemistry, you should probably talk about the things you love about it.

For example, I love Star Wars. When people who haven't seen it ask if it's any good or what I like about it, I'm not going to tell them "I am soooo turned on by guys who watch it! I just want everyone to watch it, so if you do, know that I'll be super duper attracted to you as a result! I love movies! Oh, by the way, did you know it's a turn on for me?" I'd tell them it's campy fun or about the characters or something about it, not me.

I'm sorry Confessions person said it quite the way they did; I don't hate any of what was said but it did get on my nerves that it shifted the way it did.
Yeah I know. I knew what you were trying to get at with your last few posts.
I was really only replying to your first post though.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri May 29, 2009 8:10 pm

Everyone I've ever known well, males included, has thought intelligence was attractive. I'm not arguing that anyone is looking for looks or status over intelligence (in general or of a specific knowledge), though people do and that's their prerogative.

I was also trying to get at the point that some people are attracted to different types of intelligent people, so focusing on one to impress someone is dumb. There's someone out there who will appreciate your academic passion; that's who you want to be with.
At the risk of continuing to annoy myself -because yes, this has gotten to that point- here's what I meant for you, Cezen. The rest was for Kelsey. It was a two-in-one. Basically, you don't give girls enough credit and she doesn't give Chemistry enough credit.

As for things I truly hate:

I hate that my brother approaches every problem with my nieces with yelling, spanking, and sleeping. They are kids, they need to get out and do things, not nap or watch tv all day. They are people, they need to be treated with respect, not yelled at because they're coping with boredom and his inattentiveness as best as they can.

I hate that my brother makes my oldest niece clean up after him and her sisters and make dinner for them. She's 10. Yes, chores and responsibility aren't bad and if he were doing it to teach her responsibility, that'd be one thing. He's making her do it out of his own laziness or hatred for cleaning and cooking and that makes it f****** up in my book.

I hate that all the things I got done while my brother was gone for that glorious two weeks is all undone.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Fri May 29, 2009 8:40 pm

Everyone I've ever known well, males included, has thought intelligence was attractive. I'm not arguing that anyone is looking for looks or status over intelligence (in general or of a specific knowledge), though people do and that's their prerogative.

At the risk of continuing to annoy myself -because yes, this has gotten to that point- here's what I meant for you, Cezen. The rest was for Kelsey. It was a two-in-one. Basically, you don't give girls enough credit and she doesn't give Chemistry enough credit.
Well teen girls.
And, according to some study that someone mentioned , at my other forum, that some state did(I trusted his word), high school girls date more based on social status(of the person, what they'd gain from dating the person, ect), than anything else.
This was also validated by a few girls on the forum, some of which I know aren't just shallow.

I was saying that generally a higher percentage of highschool girls, don't date based on intelligence, but on other factors.
Btw- I'm sorry if I'm annoying you. :wink:

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Fri May 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Sorry guys. =/

I just meant that first comment to be kind of a joke? Or a half-joke, because it's true, but I didn't expect it to bring about a response... After that it was just explanation to me? I think.. Because it really is the truth, but it doesn't actually hold any weight to what I was saying about chemistry. Just flare, I suppose. I figured if he were really interested in why I love chemistry, he'd ask. And he didn't, I think? I realize this could have been avoided pretty much after the second post about it, but the whole "I'm going to assume that your joking. I don't see how being good at chemistry would attract anyone. " bothered me because that is honestly how I feel. Even if it doesn't matter! But anyway, sorry, again! I didn't mean for it to actually make a ripple like this?

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Fri May 29, 2009 8:59 pm

I kinda just assumed that since you were good at chemistry, you feel attracted to someone good at chemistry, because it's something you have in common with the person. :?

Ontopic: I hate overly loud people, that type super loud in public, when others are in earshot. Because, it seems like attentionwhoring. No offense to any loud people.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Fri May 29, 2009 9:09 pm

Ontopic: I hate overly loud people, that type super loud in public, when others are in earshot. Because, it seems like attentionwhoring. No offense to any loud people.

You mean like the sorority girl scream? It makes my blood boil.
-Kim

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri May 29, 2009 9:38 pm

Btw- I'm sorry if I'm annoying you. :wink:
No, I honestly don't think it's you or Kelsey. I'm pretty sure it's misplaced annoyance, set off by a dumb but harmless statement. I've already missed the time I should have stepped away from the computer but I think I can behave now. :P

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Sat May 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Alea, do you hate that they're remaking GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN as much as I do?!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800 ... id=13&cs=1
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat May 30, 2009 12:17 pm

Alea, do you hate that they're remaking GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN as much as I do?!
At least as much as you do...what the fudge?! I can stomach a Footloose remake, I can handle a Teen Witch remake, I can even handle a Short Circuit remake, but this movie is my childhood and the whole reason I fell desperately in love with Chicago (because someday, I was going to be a dancer on D-TV). :cry:

I HATE Hollywood.

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Sat May 30, 2009 6:38 pm

I hate zits that won't go away.

Correction, I hate zits. PERIOD.

Zits suck, man, and I'm in prime puberty age. Whoop diddy doo.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Sat May 30, 2009 10:57 pm

I hate zits that won't go away.

Correction, I hate zits. PERIOD.

Zits suck, man, and I'm in prime puberty age. Whoop diddy doo.
Prime puberty age? Ha! I still have acne problems. Heck, my roommate's parents still have acne problems. It stays with you for life, man. For life.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun May 31, 2009 1:03 pm

I was gonna say this. It doesn't stay with everyone for life but for many, it does. I don't think you get to complain if you have acne when it's normal and expected. When you are an adult and still suffering, then you have a right to whine.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Sun May 31, 2009 1:06 pm

Like me.

Actually, I didn't have it as badly in adolescence as I do NOW, which I think is horribly unfair.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun May 31, 2009 1:28 pm

Ditto. Mine started around 19 I think...peaked at 25/26 and has now settled into a mild adult acne (with constant vigilance and visits to the derm).
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Return to “Milagre Town Square”