Things that I hate

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:23 pm

CA freeways/highways.
Thanks for reminding me: morning traffic. It's frickin' ridiculous.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:56 pm

CA freeways/highways.
I completely agree! I will never ever drive down there.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

ender1
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: I know Photo-fu

Postby ender1 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:23 pm

CA freeways/highways.
I completely agree! I will never ever drive down there.
We'll see about that.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:57 pm

No, I refuse! I'll pull over right at the border of Or/Ca and someone else will drive. It's crazy, and not in a cool way!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:16 am

It's crazy, and not in a cool way!
Exactly! I saw a guy cut another car off, barely missing it, and cross who know how many lanes to get to an exit that he technically missed but still forced himself onto.

I drove the easy part and when my mom took over, I tried to keep my eyes closed.

I've not been further north than L.A. for major CA cities, but if they're like San Diego for driving, no thanks.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:06 am

San Fran is worse. Driving the 5 is not so bad at all.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:28 am

I'm mixing this one because they are related.

I love that I am a less obsessively attached to her. It's kind of nice not feeling so bad all the time in regards to her.

I hate that I am less obsessively attached to her. It feels like now that I am not caring as much it'll all just be forgotten and nothing that happened will have mattered. It's felt like that for awhile now, but now it is feeling even more so that way. The only thing I truly am afraid of in this world is being forgotten. :(

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:14 am

Being rude.

Not being able to explain that I have a really good reason for being rude.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Valentine
Soldier
Soldier
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby Valentine » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:00 am

Saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.
I always do this...

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:15 am

San Fran is worse. Driving the 5 is not so bad at all.
San Fran is horrible, I don't see how anyone can drive there. I love that you can walk almost anywhere though.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:40 pm

I hate marking papers. I hate that it took up my whole day and I still didn't get it all done. :(
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:22 am

Saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.
I always do this...
Not to make light of this... but it just reminded me of this, and made me laugh.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:40 pm

I hate food, which makes it too bad that it's necessary. I hate that I have to think about what it is I want to eat on the occasions (which is 90% of the time) I don't have a particular craving. I hate that the only strong cravings I typically have are for junk. I hate the preparation/cooking time because I just can't enjoy the process of cooking if I'm doing it by myself (I have enjoyed making food with my dad and separately with my little brother, but in all those cases, we were still basically heating something up or making something so simple, it didn't take long enough to annoy me) or, more accurately, for myself - it never seems like the time put in is worth sacrificing for what I get out of it. I hate the cleanup required after eating. I hate the process of getting the food/ingredients from a store in the first place (one of the most effective ways to piss me off is to drag me to supermarkets for longer than 10-15 minutes). I hate that, try as I might, I don't like more foods than I do.

Seriously, I feel very little love for the overall idea of food. I will almost always go for the quick snack (crackers, almonds, croutons, cheese slices, etc) or microwaveable (Easy Mac, Minute RtS Chicken rice, I'm looking at you) over anything that takes any serious elbow grease. I often get irritated with people for seeming to need food more often than I do; yes, I get hungry but I have learned to ignore it and sometimes (like on vacations where I want to see and do as much as possible...we have food at home, dammit!) expect others to do the same.

I have a feeling that some of this will change if/when I ever live on my own or with someone who is worse about food than I am, but my fantasy is I'll end up with someone who actually knows how to and likes to cook, leaving me free to never ever bother. Until then, food flippin' sucks and don't bother trying to convince me otherwise. :P

Valentine
Soldier
Soldier
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby Valentine » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:45 pm

I'm the polar opposite. I love food; I love cooking; I love grocery shopping. Sometimes I wish I were more like you :P

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:19 pm

I love food, I find grocery shopping strangely relaxing. cooking I love doing and one of the things I like least about working nights is that I can't seem to cook as much as I would like to.

At some point in the future I'll be making the first pot of this autumn/winter's soup. That's a big deal, sure I can make quick and hearty and delicious soup in an hour or two, but ideally soup should take anywhere from 12-36 hours to get right. :) of course, that can be hell on the gas bill.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:45 pm

Why not just use a crock pot, locke?
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:38 pm

cuz I don't have one and they are small

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:43 am

I hate food, which makes it too bad that it's necessary.
YES. Forget the flying car, WHERE IS MY MEAL-IN-A-PILL? WHERE IS THE GENETIC ENGINEERING TO LET ME PHOTOSYNTHESIZE? I really wish I could just eat rice and be healthy. It's just pure food with any extra... stuff.

(cruise control, etc)
I find grocery shopping strangely relaxing.
...I have no words.

dgf hhw

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:02 pm

"Wanna go/come with?" and the stupid Midwesterners who insist on saying that instead of "Would you like to go/come with me?" I don't care if it's faster/easier/common, it irritates me almost as much as you people who insist on continually "heh"ing me.

[/cranky]

Alright then.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:29 pm

It's weird how "heh" is such a... painfully powerful word. I admit to having used it, as well as "whatever" whenever I feel like people are being silly, stupid, or just irritating for whatever reason. Especially when I feel like people are being not as truthful with me as they should or could be. I also admit to having used it when I know that people don't like it and I want to hurt them. *slaps wrists* Bad Wil!

I hate allergies. Specifically, sinus headaches. *ughs*

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:18 pm

I hate how Halloween seems to be an excuse for girls to dress as slutty as possible.

"What do I want to be for halloween? I know... a cat... therefore... a headband, a short skirt and a bra!" And it's like.. uh.. you look like a girl in a bra, not a cat.
-Kim

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:27 pm

I hate how Halloween seems to be an excuse for girls to dress as slutty as possible.

"What do I want to be for halloween? I know... a cat... therefore... a headband, a short skirt and a bra!" And it's like.. uh.. you look like a girl in a bra, not a cat.
yes, but in general, I'm not complaining about costumes that cover up less. :)

As for heh, I picked it from IMing too much with pweb founders in HS. it seems to have taken on more connotations in the years since. used to drive an ex of mine's crazy because it was my default response to most IMs. :p

As for Wanna go, I didn't realize this was a midwestern thing, but I do this. If I said all the words that Alea said I should be saying I would feel like a robot. :P

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:28 pm

I'm actually being a cat. A fully clothed cat. This has always been one of my go to costumes, and it got kinda weird at the age where a cat was just ears and a bra. That's really not a cat to me.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:38 pm

I'm okay with "Wanna go?" It's the "Wanna go with?" that drives me up the wall. It's all about the 'with' hanging on at the end and not for grammatical reasons; it just sounds dumb.
It's weird how "heh" is such a... painfully powerful word.
Yep; the way I interpret it, it's just short of a slap to the face. I've been working on basically not being such a big baby but I've been reading it as a Bad thing for years and it takes time to undo the habit of being offended by it.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:11 pm

I'm actually being a cat. A fully clothed cat. This has always been one of my go to costumes, and it got kinda weird at the age where a cat was just ears and a bra. That's really not a cat to me.
I am too, actually... a calico cat, in fact... Black pants, white button down, brown jacket, black cat ears... But, yeah, the whole bra-cat thing I don't get. Why not just go as a hooker or something if you want to dress like one?
-Kim

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:18 pm

Eh... honestly... while I AM a guy and I don't mind seeing women with less clothing... when I see something like that the SECOND thing after "hot" (:P) that comes to mind is "slut". It's kind of like.. the buzz kill of "hot". *shrugs*

I shrug too much.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:21 pm

I am too, actually... a calico cat, in fact... Black pants, white button down, brown jacket, black cat ears... But, yeah, the whole bra-cat thing I don't get. Why not just go as a hooker or something if you want to dress like one?
I'm being a black and white! Black t-shirt and capris with white tights and a white long sleeved shirt underneath, then black ears and a black tail. Oh, and a red collar.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:46 am

As for heh, I picked it from IMing too much with pweb founders in HS. it seems to have taken on more connotations in the years since.
It hasn't! I used this all the time, and I never heard anything like this except in the past few months from pweb. They're all crazy, locke; don't listen.
As for Wanna go, I didn't realize this was a midwestern thing
It's not. More crazy!

dgf hhw

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:18 am

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=heh
heh

half laugh, semi-cynical connotation

2) the person you're talking is making stupid remarks and you don't know what to say in return

Heh is a short reply, where usually the person who is typing it is feeling down or annoyed

A semi-laugh to be used when you dont wanna make someone feel bad about something he said that wasn't funny.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:16 am

Heh.
The enemy's fly is down.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:10 pm

"I may not be much, Mr. Finch, but I'm still sheriff of Maycomb County. Bob Ewell fell on his knife. Good night, sir."

I made reference to To Kill a Mockingbird in another forum, and quite by accident, that reminded me of how much I was frustrated by my entire class in high school that refused point blank to acknowledge that Tom Doniphan was murdered, that he didn't try to escape, that escape was just the convenient explanation to cover it up.

I think the teacher was actually trying to lead us into a discussion of why Tom would try to escape, completely ignorant of the idea of he was murdered. the explanations going around were of the sort that he was depressed from the conviction, in despair, or just was too ignorant to understand what the appeal process meant and that he would naturally get off in appeal because his conviction was unjust. That he was foolish to despair in the system...

To be in a sea of other white people and they're all angry at you because you're trying to explain to them how trusting they are (blind in a way), and how deep their assumptions are, how they're missing the ENTIRE f****** POINT of the book, from the title metaphor, to the incredibly significant parallel murder, and cover up of the murder, of Bob Ewell. Are you going to put Boo Radley on the stand, put an innocent up there for everyone to laugh at, the way they're now laughing at an innocent victim like Mayella Ewell who was put on the stand? No Mr. Finch, Bob Ewell fell on his knife. Tom Robinson was shot trying to escape, that's just the way the world turns.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:36 am

I'll get right on adjusting all of my speech patterns to match the whims of urbandictionary. Nay, the internet!

dgf hhw

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:09 am

Heh.
I know you're going to think I'm joking because I've said it so much, it's taken on a 'crying wolf' quality, not to mention in your head it was a joke because you can't take hardly anything seriously...but you're fired.

I'll get right on adjusting all of my speech patterns to match the whims of urbandictionary. Nay, the internet!
*sigh* I quoted it namely to prove that its negative connotation isn't just me and a few other people making things up.

Use whatever words you want, with whomever you'd like. Just understand that, like with anything really, there are good or bad consequences.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:25 am

Pfft, I never make anything up! Everything I say is based 100% in fact and is completely true!

No, really, it is. I lie very rarely.

I haet long days.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:09 am

From appalling strange food
If I'm with friends, well, they're used to me by now and don't think it's any weirder to make accommodations for my picky habits than it would be to make them for a vegetarian (most of whom probably eat more variety than I do, but not the point).
I hate when people specifically try to carefully accomodate for me not eating meat. "Where do you wanna go eat?" "I dunno, uh, where can you eat?" I can eat anything edible, godammit, I just choose not to eat certain things. I'll raise my own godammed objections if I need to; I don't need you looking out for me.

dgf hhw

Return to “Milagre Town Square”