Things that I hate

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:05 pm

Straining my lower back muscles.

Was totally worth it, though, for all the fun I had yesterday. :)

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:47 am

When I'm typing on my laptop and the cursor, for no apparent reason, suddenly moves up to the top of the page so that I start typing in the middle of another sentence. So then my fluency is interrupted, I have to edit the paragraph that the cursor went to and remember what I was trying to say in the sentence I was originally typing.

Anyone know what might be causing that?
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:27 am

Do you have a touchpad that you may be accidentally touching?
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:34 pm

I hate Athlete's Foot. I also hate the fact that I'm too lazy to do something about that Athlete's Foot.

Nowadays, I hate most stuff in general.
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:09 pm

I hate that it will likely take the maximum possible 21 business days for a book I ordered on February 6th and that was shipped February 9th to get here.

It's coming to AZ from NC, not Antarctica. How does it even come to 21 days, let alone business days? I think the Post Office has to deliberately hold onto it and maybe send it back and forth across the country a few times for that to make any sort of sense. Grrr. Grrr, I say.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:25 pm

I hate that it will likely take the maximum possible 21 business days for a book I ordered on February 6th and that was shipped February 9th to get here.

It's coming to AZ from NC, not Antarctica. How does it even come to 21 days, let alone business days? I think the Post Office has to deliberately hold onto it and maybe send it back and forth across the country a few times for that to make any sort of sense. Grrr. Grrr, I say.
wtf? how does that even happen? though my brother order a backpack, and he was tracking it on the USPS website (I think that's who it was sent through) and it was making it's way up the east coast, made it to MA, and then detoured out to Wisconsin before coming back to VT
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:31 am

clogged toilets

tickets for expired vehicle registration

whatever it is that hangs my computer when the battery is plugged in, and or all services are enabled from msconfig. AIM isn't working now. hell the shutdown menu doesn't even load. I have a new version of bios waiting to install it and, nope it won't install, a fine little error that I"ll have to get on the horn with dell tomorrow for them to explain to me. :-p
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:07 am

Hearing my brother and our unwanted roommate having sex a few times a week. I know people have it but I don't want to hear it. Especially when it involves a relative. Bah.

Oh, and having my lying, manipulative brother back home because he lied about going to Phoenix to have the skin grafts done; they need to be done here...supposedly. There went my peace, just like that.

The new to me milk cap security thingies. Before it was just a tab thing you separated from the actual cap. Now it's that, plus a seal you have to pull off the opening. I can't ever pull the damn seal off.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:10 pm

Hearing my brother and our unwanted roommate having sex a few times a week. I know people have it but I don't want to hear it. Especially when it involves a relative. Bah.
buy some nice speakers, and whenever you hear it start turning them up gradually louder. Hopefully they'll get the hint and learn to be quiet ;) At the very least you'll be able to drown it out.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:12 pm

People who don't understand pool etiquette.

When the cream curdles in my coffee.

Cold toes.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:16 pm

buy some nice speakers, and whenever you hear it start turning them up gradually louder. Hopefully they'll get the hint and learn to be quiet ;) At the very least you'll be able to drown it out.
That would interfere with my mother's sleep since it tends to happen after midnight each time; absolutely not an option.

ETA: I should note here that I don't just sit there and listen because I can't drown them out with speakers. I shut the door and listen to my MP3 player. It's just unpleasant to discover they're at it again when trying to enjoy the silence I can't get during the day.

3nder
Soldier
Soldier

Postby 3nder » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:43 pm

when ever i hear that sort of thing in my house i go out the back and light a nice massive fire in my fire pit and the crackling of the mozzies and moths flying into the fire is enough do drown anything out :wink:
Never go to bed angry....
Stay up and plot your revenge.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:03 pm

mozzies
That word. I HATE IT. That's now the second time I've seen it used, and it makes me want to strangle something/and or saw off the fingers of the person who typed it.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:50 pm

mozzies
That word. I HATE IT. That's now the second time I've seen it used, and it makes me want to strangle something/and or saw off the fingers of the person who typed it.
I have never heard it before in my life. Is it supposed to refer to mosquitos? Because those I do hate.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:00 pm

Yes, it is.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:28 am

Don't be silly. All she needs is an elliptical dish and a partner.

Edit:

The term 'Teetotalism'. Nothing against them, but that word just sounds so very stupid in my head. I'd never heard of it before, and when I first saw it, I didn't think it was a real term. I thought the author was intentionally making some babytalk-ish text or something.
Last edited by zeroguy on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:46 am

Don't be silly. All she needs is an elliptical dish and a partner.
Well played sir!

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:45 am

I hate people being stupid stubborn jerks about things that, in all honesty, do not matter. I hate having to mediate between these people, or the fact that I stupidly expect them not to be stupid stubborn jerks, magically, when I am having a good day. I really, really hate the frustration that comes along with being either a coworker or a friend of said people, and I wish there was a way to actually make them want to change, something that is really too much to expect from one who is stupidly stubborn.

These people are the reason that my eight-hour school days don't seem long until the last, two hour class.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:46 am

Being stupid when looking for bugs. It just... it just wastes so much time.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Cleaning ceiling fans.

It was clear upon moving in that my ceiling fan hasn't been cleaned in a long, long time. I used it last summer... but... after a winter of collecting more dust, I really don't want to turn it on without dusting it first... but, ew.
-Kim

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:11 pm

Cleaning ceiling fans.

It was clear upon moving in that my ceiling fan hasn't been cleaned in a long, long time. I used it last summer... but... after a winter of collecting more dust, I really don't want to turn it on without dusting it first... but, ew.
Protip: Use the vacuum.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:54 pm

I don't know that I can get my vacuum up there. I was thinking about using a swiffer cloth.
-Kim

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:19 pm

hose vacuums ftw.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:24 pm

hose vacuums ftw.
^5

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:41 pm

My vacuum has a hose, or I would never vacuum my stairs... but, I don't think it can be long enough to get to the ceiling fan.
-Kim

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:57 pm

How high is your ceiling fan?!

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:01 pm

It's more that the hose only has a 3 or 4 foot range... and my ceiling fan is at ceiling height...
-Kim

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:25 pm

Put the vacuum on a chair or something.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:44 pm

I realize this is the I hate thread, but I love shop vacs.

also, I hate crypticness and working on a huge hobby project and then not having anyone actually care when I want to show it off.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:02 pm

having a runny nose which means no going to the gym. :-p
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:14 am

I hate the mouse that keeps breaking into my office ! It keeps finding my top secret snack stashes. :lol:

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:25 pm

I hate not having anything to threaten my classmates with. The grades don't matter, as everyone will get an A, they all have other things to put in their portfolios, and I don't pay them. So, really, when I lay out a list of things that I need, very specifically, with detailed instructions on how to do anything I'm not sure they understand, and they all give me a completely mixed bag of correct items, there's absolutely nothing I can do about it except be a whiner. Instructor doesn't care, my grade (really) doesn't matter, but I can't leave projects unfinished, and when they don't do these few things it makes my job that previous would take one night take two or three full days to finish their unfinished work.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR!
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:39 pm

I hate the mouse that keeps breaking into my office ! It keeps finding my top secret snack stashes. :lol:
That happened to me years ago. I started keeping my office snacks in sealed tupperware.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:52 pm

I hate the fact that my students aren't going to be able to see a faint white precipitate because we only have white spot plates! Damn it people, there's a reason why transparent spot plates exist!
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

3nder
Soldier
Soldier

Postby 3nder » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:40 pm

mozzies
I have never heard it before in my life. Is it supposed to refer to mosquitos? Because those I do hate.
it does mean mosquitos, it's just Australian slang i can't help it.
please don't chop off my fingers :?
Never go to bed angry....
Stay up and plot your revenge.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”