Things that I hate

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:53 pm

My friend's abusive girlfriend. Except she only really abuses me. Alot. I have welts all over me.
ummmm

*insert picture of you kicking her*

That solves your problem.
Last edited by CezeN on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Can someone delete that picture? It's pretty offensive.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Graff^
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Carrot hamburgler

Postby Graff^ » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:01 pm

I'm with Luet on that one.
Where does friendship end and love begin?

Graff^
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Graff^ » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:35 pm

My friend's abusive girlfriend. Except she only really abuses me. Alot. I have welts all over me.
ummmm

*insert picture of you kicking her*

That solves your problem.
I tried deflecting such blows and lightly tapping her with a foam sword. Only once did I hurt her enough to leave a red mark, and that was me throwing smarties.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:38 pm

Regular people health insurance.

What the f*** does this "statement of benefits" mean?! What is this "negotiated discount"? What is this deductible/patient responsibility nonsense? And why is the a $129 charge for a visit to a hospital I didn't go to (but my labwork did)?

I'm paying $160 a month for health insurance, and I still have to pay $171.50 for my routine lady care last month?

ETA: I have definitely paid more in insurance this year than the $475 my appointment "costs" before "negotiated discounts" applied.
-Kim

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:24 pm

"Happy babies begin at Walmart!"

Eff?

1. Walmart is not that happy.
2. People are having sex in the aisles?
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Game Room Wannabe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Game Room Wannabe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:34 pm

"Happy babies begin at Walmart!"

Eff?

1. Walmart is not that happy.
2. People are having sex in the aisles?
1. They sell baby supplies there.
2. They sell coffins there.

:roll:

No seriously... sex in the aisles? WHA? I don't think BABIES need to see that...
I'm a noob.
Ender is NOT a jerk.
This siggy is wasting your time...

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:18 pm

I should clarify: it was an ad for baby supplies. But that is not the image that the line bought to my mind.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:11 pm

the weather.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:40 pm

+ Having to be outside for 5+ hours with no notice in 80+ degree weather.

+Macbook=Macbrick.

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:58 pm

I just almost had a freaking heart attack when I saw how many calories are in one cup of uncooked Israeli couscous. Counting calories SUCKS!
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:27 pm

I'd like to remain ignorant of my caloric intake;because ignorance is bliss and I start gaining weight when I track it, and I've been eating like a pig this week.

Breakfast has been a banana or Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. Lunch today is yogurt, almonds, walnuts, grapes, Granny Smith apple, pineapple, and pasta. The only thing to change throughout the week has been the non-fruit/nut bit. That sounds all fine and dandy but then I go home and eat dinner, which has been kind of junkish lately.

Oink oink.

Bah, whatever. I woke up in my acceptable lb range but I still hate calories and food.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:59 pm

I'd like to remain ignorant of my caloric intake;because ignorance is bliss and I start gaining weight when I track it, and I've been eating like a pig this week.

Breakfast has been a banana or Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. Lunch today is yogurt, almonds, walnuts, grapes, Granny Smith apple, pineapple, and pasta. The only thing to change throughout the week has been the non-fruit/nut bit. That sounds all fine and dandy but then I go home and eat dinner, which has been kind of junkish lately.

Oink oink.

Bah, whatever. I woke up in my acceptable lb range but I still hate calories and food.
I was against counting calories for SO LONG. I kicked and screamed. I did not want to be a slave to calorie counting! I wanted to eat what I wanted to eat, damnit!

So I did. And I haven't lost any of the weight in my post-college, post-break up slump. Not a pound of it.

Counting calories and regular exercise are the only things that work for me. I tried for a long, long time to just eat healthy foods (which, pretty much everything I put in my mouth is healthy. I never eat processed foods, everything is cooked from scratch, organic, with a healthy balance of proteins, carbs, and fats. And contrary to photographic evidence that suggests otherwise, I really don't bake all that often). But even on an entirely local, organic, produce-heavy diet I'd rarely do more than lose 5 pounds or so and plateau. In part because I was still eating WAY TOO MUCH and in part because I was half-assing my infrequent work outs.

I know loads of people who can just cut back a little bit and be fine, but it doesn't work for me. I always over eat. I have to plan all my meals ahead, keep a food journal of everything that goes into my mouth, and divvy up those damn calories with the same fierce tenderness I put toward my budget each month. And it works. So I do it.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:17 am

Drawing from another thread, I hate gender stereotypes.

Even more, I hate having to be so very careful about keeping sufficiently on the correct side of the divide.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Drawing from another thread, I hate gender stereotypes.
Amen. It gets insanely annoying when you have kids.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:16 pm

I hate both being an introvert and feeling guilty over being an introvert (I get the sense I'm an extreme one).

But I feel like my space is being invaded with my mom's boyfriend here, which has ruined the calming effect achieved by being left alone last night and having the house to myself all morning and afternoon. With him here, the whole atmosphere feels different to me (strained) and the whole house feels exponentially smaller.

I'm trying to read or think and there's this constant need for small talk but if I go to my room to be alone, I'm being rude. So I stay in the front but remain quiet -because outside of work, I am only talkative around people I'm really comfortable with- and I'm being rude because of that.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry for being a freak who only wants to be surrounded by the people of my choosing. I'm sorry when, in my private non-professional life, I completely shut down around anyone who isn't part of that group. I can't help it and trying to fight it just makes me emotionally exhausted.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:02 pm

I hate mosquito bites.
Scratch that.
I hate mosquitos.
Scratch that.
I hate all bugs in general.

Seriously, I know it'd f*** up the food chain certain ways, but I still wish there was a way I could kill off all the bugs on this planet. Every single annoying one.
---------------------------------
I also hate how insignificantly I've physically grown over the past for years. I mean, I might have grown like an inch and I've gained about 15 pounds, but all in all I haven't really changed.

It's really quite annoying.
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Addict

Postby Sonikku13 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:36 pm

A long list of digits, like the million digits of the decimal expansion of sqrt(2). How am I supposed to memorize this?
TG M203 Bunker, PFC, 1st Corps, CoD Division, PC Brigade, 1st BTN, Chungking (ST) Squad, SM

I've had 102 nukes on MW2.

I have Asperger Syndrome (I was diagnosed at birth). It's categorized as a "disability".

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:28 am

I hate how meeting in person sometimes destroys close online friendships. One of my former online buddies and I have barely spoken in 7 months because of it. She just had this mean, bitter edge to her that didn't come across online, but in person, I wanted to slap her.

I am also starting to hate how I keep postponing my move-out date to closer to my actual end of lease. SOMEDAY I WILL LEAVE, i swear :P

I also hate the trouble spots that just won't lose those pounds. No matter what kind of diet you are on or that you can run faster than you could when you were like, 13.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:09 am

I also hate the trouble spots that just won't lose those pounds. No matter what kind of diet you are on or that you can run faster than you could when you were like, 13.

This. So much, this.

Meagan, I'm going to just go ahead and elect you my spokesperson on life since you've been hitting all the big stuff for me lately.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:11 pm

Hitting my finger with a nailgun.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:56 pm

How when I try to be smart things tell me I should have been picky, and when I'm picky things tell me I should have been more impulsive.

Just got a new job, my first real job, in a supposedly really hard market. I got it by a) proving my ability to adapt and learn many things quickly, b) being an overall likable and extremely easy-going guy, c) saying that, if I got the job, I would feel too guilty to take up another job offer, even if it was a prospectively better one, and d) being willing to take the job extremely quickly, moving and everything so that I can get in and working.

Naturally, c) is coming back to bite me in the ass. I haven't applied yet, but a bunch of people are telling me to, because I fit the qualifications, it pays about 60k a year, and is for a company listed on the Wall Street Journal's "top 20 companies to work for" or something like that. However, it would require me to move out of my new lease (so finding someone to take it over would be a fun task) plus, you know, that whole guilt thing.

I'm going to apply, mostly in the hopes they'll turn me down and I'll feel safe again. But if I get it... I don't know what I'll do.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:04 pm

I hear that, although I've had no luck at getting any offers from anywhere else than where I'm at. Which is acceptable. But the longer I am where I am, the more uncertain I feel about the place and wish I were somewhere more in my element.

Good luck on the applying, and hopefully one way or another it'll be really clear if you should stay or go.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:19 pm

I hear that, although I've had no luck at getting any offers from anywhere else than where I'm at. Which is acceptable. But the longer I am where I am, the more uncertain I feel about the place and wish I were somewhere more in my element.

Good luck on the applying, and hopefully one way or another it'll be really clear if you should stay or go.
It would blow my mind if I got it, told my boss I was going to turn it down, and she was like "don't be an idiot!" This would be the best of all worlds.

Anyway, I've applied. We'll see how it goes.

Row--row.

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:22 pm

That would be absolutely splendid, indeed!

I'm trying another place this evening. Gonna try a different strategy, and while it may be a failing one, I'm hoping that a frank proposal to work until January might work. If it doesn't, it doesn't matter; but if it does, that would be great.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:16 am

So-called "vacations" where I visit family. I really need to remember to come back more than a day before I'm supposed to go back to work, so I have a day to actually take a break before working again.... Just catching up on pweb has taken a majority of the remaining free time I had today.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:30 pm

What DY has become (and I am certainly part of the problem). I'm not sure this is a wise move on my part but I'm frustrated.

In the past 3 days I have:
-Been asked to decipher who they're to, what they mean, etc. I think I know most of them but I can't be 100% sure and even if I could, why would I want to?

-(This one I am guilty of and will henceforth try to avoid like the plague) Watched it be used to deliver a message that -right, wrong, agree, disagree- would have been best done privately.

-Had one I wrote misinterpreted. Actually, that's been happening constantly and isn't restricted to DY. In any event, let's not make assumptions about who I'm writing to or what I'm writing about.

-Had one proclaimed to not be to me, just to be safe, even though I didn't ask if it was and in fact, knew it wasn't. Um, thanks? If I have to worry that something as potentially meaningful as it was is only going to be delivered to me via a questionable, hidden post, it ceases to be meaningful.

I am so turned off of the idea of writing those now, and reading them, I fully expect someone to bitch me out (even if it's just me) if I venture in again for the foreseeable future.

ETA: I still hate Confessions with a passion. (Though, to be honest, I used it recently. Oh no, probably just made at least one person curious there. Don't ask.)

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Feeling like a headache is coming on.

Part of me hates being completely out of touch with the pweb rumor mill -- and then I see posts like Alea's ^^^ and it becomes, if not a thing I love, at least a thing I am comfortably neutral with.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Femme Fatale

Postby ValentineNicole » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:59 pm

Not getting enough sleep.
Not being able to wash my hair post-highlights.
People that judge me without knowing me or knowing a situation.
Not being able to make solid plans yet for this weekend, despite having to turn down offers last weekend.
Diets.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:40 pm

That I'm 31 pages into my article and still not even close to being done with it. Seriously, I originally planned 25 pages and it's looking like it'll be 50+. (I blame the Justice Department for overriding the legislative findings in its defense of the Act by adopting Jack Balkin's outrageous tax argument.)
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ValentineNicole » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:08 pm

Being so damn hot.
$70 electric bills for only 2 weeks of running the AC (and 2 of being out of town)

ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ValentineNicole » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:08 pm

Pweb likes to double post my stuff, and log me off randomly, and have other glitches. :D

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:16 pm

For some reason, I thought we had an Annoying Song in My Head thread, but I couldn't find it.

So I hate when there is an annoying song in your head that you can't get out, no matter what you try or how many other songs you try listening to. For example, through out my whole soccer practice this evening, I had the Jonas L.A. song in my head.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Graff^
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Graff^ » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:33 am

Now that you mention it I think I remember that thread.

I hate humidity and that my mom has to read the book I got of the library before I can read it. She's the slowest reader known to man. She had better hurry up with my BTK book

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:39 pm

At the moment, iPhones.

My code is pristine. It works on all browsers, looks identical across all of them, has several neat little tricks, and makes the client very, very happy.

So thank you, boss, for owning an iPhone, so we could load up my most recent page and find that the nifty-little Javascript that you've used hundreds of times before for some reason disagrees with my code when interpreted via iPhone.

There's no reason for it. But, for some reason, all of that text that scrolls up and down when you mouseover the little arrows ("Let's just use a frame if it's being this stupid about it." "No.") goes behind everything else when we check it on the iPhone. And I DON'T KNOW WHY. It's not the poorly-thought-out nested tables, though that's what every professional will tell me, because that's what I spent all day today testing to make sure. It shouldn't be my CSS, because why would CSS mess up Javascript? AND WHY ONLY ON THE IPHONE?

And my boss acting as if it's my fault that I didn't know it wouldn't work on an iPhone, despite me not owning one and all of the iPhone compatibility sites checking out, does not make me feel better.

/rant

Row--row.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”