Things that I hate

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Addict

Postby Sonikku13 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:57 pm

I hate the feeling that you did something wrong and then you're battered with guilt, even when it was done by accident.
TG M203 Bunker, PFC, 1st Corps, CoD Division, PC Brigade, 1st BTN, Chungking (ST) Squad, SM

I've had 102 nukes on MW2.

I have Asperger Syndrome (I was diagnosed at birth). It's categorized as a "disability".

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Junkie

Postby Peterlover14 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:53 pm

What did you do?!? Haha, jk.

Especially when the person is like "It's okay, it's fine" but they still look all pissed. If your angry, don't lie and say your not if you can't even hide it.
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:09 pm

Especially when the person is like "It's okay, it's fine" but they still look all pissed. If your angry, don't lie and say your not if you can't even hide it.
Even when it is clear It is not fine, I will say it is to end the discussion or to express, passive-aggressively I suppose, that it is now my issue to fix, their help is not wanted or their help won't actually be helpful. It may not even be that I'm upset with them personally but I will still come across as being upset until I have had enough time to come down from that; it's not an instant thing and I'm not doing it to try to fool them. I suppose it can also be said sometimes to try to convince myself, as in, "I'm going to say it and fake it until I actually feel that way." That would be a bad time to dwell on a person not being convincing. If they're trying to get there and keep being badgered about the mood they're in, you're likely to keep pissing them off.

Of course, the better thing to do would be to be honest up front but it's not always easy to do the better thing when you're unhappy about something.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:43 pm

End of semester: "Goddamn I'm so tired of school. I could be doing a thousand other things instead of school work right now."

Beginning of semester: "Thank GOD school is starting up again... I've been bored out of my mind all break."

Every. Time.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:55 pm

I used to be like that, Wil... though, now it's more:

End of semester: I cannot handle this anymore. Please, God, let the mental and emotional torture end! Please.

Beginning of semester: Do I have to go back?! Really? Oh, God. I just... it's only been a month! Can't I have another month?! No? Ok... well... I can do this, I guess. It will be nice to get back to my apartment....
-Kim

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Peterlover14 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:40 am

Same here.

When a moderator deletes a thread to replaced with a new one and you lose your posts. I know I'm being a baby I'm just mad about.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:21 am

Seriously? Wow, just wow.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Same here.

When a moderator deletes a thread to replaced with a new one and you lose your posts. I know I'm being a baby I'm just mad about.
Yet you still manage to have more than some posters who've been here for years.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Post count is seriously irrelevant. If pweb hadn't crashed twice, many of us would have thousands more posts.
There are people with >50 posts who are well-known because of this.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:20 pm

It's the quality not the quantity of the posts that count.

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:24 pm

It's the quality not the quantity of the posts that count.
post count +1!

woot!

Ps.- j/k ^_- really

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Peterlover14 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Guys, I get that. I know it's stupid to get mad about something so irrelevant. I don't know why I got mad, I just was, so I posted that here.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:07 pm

*whimper* STOP DOING REMAKES!! If it was made in between 1983 and 1995, chances are you're ruining a childhood favorite, Hollywood.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:25 pm

I hate... when you hate something that happened, but explaining why you hate it would be take too much work. :roll:

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Wisdom Teeth.

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:13 pm

Oh geez. Thank goodness I got mine pulled early, so I never have to think about them again.

ender1
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: I know Photo-fu

Postby ender1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:22 pm

Wisdom Teeth.
I've never had any trouble from my wisdom teeth.

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:12 pm

*6-day bump*

Thing that I hate: the fact that I have to study for both my SAT's and my History finals, while I just found this really helpful website to finally learn Java GUI and Graphics from- so now I can't use it.

I wish I didn't have to think about my future so much...

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:14 pm

I wish I didn't have to think about my future so much...
*sigh* I'd like to think that I have tons of time, but I know highschool will be gone in a flash.... Then college too.

Crazy Tom: C Toon
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Crazy Tom: C Toon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:40 pm

I hate teachers that are more ignorant than the students.
Under the spreading chesnut tree
I sold you and you sold me:
There they lie, and here lie we
Under the spreading chesnut tree.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:26 pm

My state's Supreme Court. Earlier today, they ruled that the limitations on noneconomic damages in medical malpractice cases are unconstitutional. Super. Instead of a plaintiff only being able to get an extra million (on top of all economic damages suffered), the sky is the limit.

I can't wait until malpractice insurance premiums get set next January. The premiums would already be through the roof because the cap was shot down, but now they're going to have to make up for the additional risks for almost an entire year.

Higher premiums means higher prices to the non-Medicaid consumers and a drastic cut in access for Medicaid consumers. Good call, plaintiff attorneys; you get a bigger paycheck and the rest of the state gets f******.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:53 pm

Mike, that does suck. A lot!

I'm nervously watching several states that have bills up that (1) make people legal guardians of their pets instead of owners (sweet thought, but then what do you do when someone brings in a hit-by-car they can't/won't pay for? Somebody has to absorb that cost if animals are people now and therefore euthanasia is not an option) and (2) to allow people to sue vets for pain and suffering in veterinary malpractice cases.

------------------------------------

I hate s***** friends. I'm not exactly sure what happened. But something got all kerfluffled and dramatic last semster. And somehow, they've made it my fault. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect your friends to want to hang out with you, or to make it possible to include you in a conversation when you're all sitting around together. And apparently, expressing that you're feeling left out means that they have to walk on eggshells around you, and therefore don't actually want to spend any time with you. However, you're still super best friends when they want something from you- like when they want you to feed their cat twice a day on a weekend, or when they want you to drive 10 minutes to their place to move their wedding rings out of the cleaning solution and into a drawer because they realized they left them there on their way out of town and are scared somebody will break in and steal them, or when they want your summary notes from class, or they want you to go grab an extra handout from them. Basically, apparently they're too "wary" of you to hang out but not "too wary" to want s*** from you.

No way. It doesn't work like that. I'm out.
-Kim

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:43 am

Going over to my aunts and seeing that she has two boxes of Krispie Kreme donuts, a plate of cookies, and a bowl of chips sitting out.

Proceeding to eat two donuts, two cookies, several handfulls of chips, and two deep fried tortilla hotdogs.

... but damn it was good.

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:14 am

Going over to my aunts and seeing that she has two boxes of Krispie Kreme donuts, a plate of cookies, and a bowl of chips sitting out.

Proceeding to eat two donuts, two cookies, several handfulls of chips, and two deep fried tortilla hotdogs.

... but damn it was good.
I agree with you so much on this one. Curse the human sense of taste!

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:01 am

Curse the human sense of eating when there's nothing else to do!

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:24 am

Meh, I know this is a double post.

Gahhhh! Curse the delicious Super Bowl food I ate all last night! It will take me a week to work that off!

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:15 am

server crash

triggered by something from tech support

made worse by a thing to do with one of our media drives

I don't really hate the 6 hours of ot or being here from 9am to 2am and coming back in tomorrow at 9am

I do hate the guy whos the head of the company that provides tech support telling my boss (when after four or five hours we isolated it to the R drive) saying that of course X was wrong with R drive, that's way too big for that drive and too many folders, and too many files. Should never be bigger than 10GB. riiiiiight. And the ten times I asked you if we had too many files on the M drive (which had way more than R at the time) you just told me so long as the files were divided up into 1000 file allotments or less I could have as many folders and files as I wanted on a drive. apparently that doesn't apply to the R drive. and I asked so many times about file counts and folders and always got the same answer. guess it doesn't apply to the R drive. I did everything I was supposed to do exactly by the book for that sucker, checking it everyday. doesn't matter I'll get the soft-chew-out tomorrow. bullshit.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:50 pm

I hate writing satire. Why on Earth do I need to know how to write something funny that has an actual message in it? I'm not a funny person. Nor am I a person who writes to convey a message other than the message I say straight out. I have four tests tomorrow and a quiz that will decide whether I get an A in physics or not this grading period. Why do I have to waste my time writing satire? Something I will probably never do ever again. Sigh. Why can't we just read satire.. that's much more pleasant.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:26 am

I hate when I don't understand the impact of a simple comment meant to be sarcastic/a joke.
I hate when people get rediciously upset at something I didn't intend to be that important.

On Facebook, my cousin, twice or three times now, has replied to her Facebook status updates using an account which she created (not for this purpose, to friend on Farmville so she could upgrade her farm size). It is quite obvious, as the only friend of this person is my cousin, my cousin has him listed as her "BFF", etc. She's the type of person who WOULD comment on her own posts with a fake account just for fun. Two nights ago I repled to her status update about her hating walmart, to which she did have her fake account reply, as such:

"Why the hate? Also, why have you been using your fake account to comment on your own status messages?"

AFTER the fact, I can understand how this looks like a dick move. Reading it now, I can understand totally and completely how this looks like I'm calling her out on it in public. Of course, I didn't mean it like that. I meant it more like a joke, to which I expected her to just play off.

She removed me as a friend (I couldn't reply to her status update), so I added her back. She sent me an email... I'll just paste the whole thing:
yes wil I removed you from my friend list because I can not trust you to have access to my network of friends. You tried to make me look like a douche bag in front of 70 people that know me personally--minus my farmville account, these people know me in some personal capacity, whether it be former bosses, current coworkers, my husband's relatives, friends, etc. I am the first person to call myself out on what I do, but don't do it in a way where it makes me look like an idiot because I have not had a chance to explain the back story to people. I do not think you realized the impact your little passive aggressive comment would have being posted on my wall. An email to me personally would have been just fine or call me out when you see me on Saturday, not in front of all my contacts who do not know what is going on. We can debate this more on Saturday.
I think she's overreacting. Am I wrong in this? As I said, I understand how what I said could be percieved that way, but I didn't intend for it to be at any way "passive aggressive". It's like what I would say in person to her. As a joke. *sigh*

I actually would like some feedback on this, please.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:18 pm

Wil, it might have been a bit of a dickish thing to do, but I don't really think you were wrong (though I might be wrong in the same way).
It's a joke! I get the same frustration with people who can't take jokes. She could have easily laughed it off and said "That's not me" on her wall, and no one would have been the wiser.
Honestly, I think she's learned a (harsh?) lesson in social networking. People can and do call you out on things and you have to suck it up.
You may want to apologise in person (if you see her in person) or by email and explain that you didn't mean it to be harmful, that you meant it as a joke, that you didn't use your head, whatever.

But I do think she sounds a bit oversensitive.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:50 pm

Yes, I agree that she is probably overreacting. All the same, I'd apologize for any harm done and explain you really didn't think it would have that kind of impact and would not have done so had you been aware she was going to feel that way.

Also -- and I'm not saying this is happening, but just something to think about when you talk about it -- has this kind of interaction happened before between you? Is there some reason she might have to think your intent was more harmful than a joke? There may not be, she could've just been embarrassed and overreacted impulsively. Just, sometimes when people overreact or blow up over one little thing it's a signal that there are other things that they've been unhappy about and this isn't just about the one little thing. So you may want to check in about that.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Peterlover14 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:51 pm

I hate when people type big paragraphs. It makes me not want to read them.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:42 pm

I hate when people get rediciously upset at something I didn't intend to be that important.
I am ridiculously upset at your spelling and I know you did it intentionally and meant it to be very important.

But yeah, if I saw something like that, it wouldn't look like a joke to me (or at least, not good one ;). It looks like someone that for some reason really really doesn't like that they respond to themselves or something and is trying to point it out in the worst way possible. That's just my impression from seeing that... if I frysquint I can kinda-sorta see you meaning it like you said you meant it. If you didn't mean it in a bad way, whatever; you explain it and move on. If the other party is not a dick, it doesn't matter.

[Edited for disabling graphical smilies, and another time to add this note]
Last edited by zeroguy on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:57 am

I hate when words aren't spelled the way I type them. ;)

I thought about it all morning. In the afternoon I sent her a message apologizing. After she replied, I became angry. I had to sit and think for a long while why I was still angry. Then it occurred to me.

What I did was easily perceived as a s***** thing to do. While my intention was that of a neutral comment (not even a FUNNYHAHA joke, just a sarcastic question), I must have ignorantly struck a chord. I'm upset that she acts like I did it on purpose. As if intended to say it to stir things up. She presumes to know the intent behind the comment.

She says that I "didn't realize how [my] comment would make [her] look to other people". But, I didn't do anything but state what someone else could have easily of noticed. She was the one who was commenting on her own status updates. I presumed to know her intention behind it, being one of only two options -- that of attention seeking or that of s*****-and-giggles -- and I choose the least likely to be socially damaging of the two, the latter.

It is just silly, in my mind, to take Facebook or any social networking site seriously in any way. I can't imagine how someone could be so worried about how they are percieved by others on an open medium such as Facebook. Like Jayelle said, people DO and WILL post things that, taken out of context and/or without knowing the person, might seem wrong or inappropriate. I've had people post things to my wall that are completely off the wall and, if you didn't know the person, would seem bad. But, it's a social networking website. On top of this, assuming that anybody actually cares what you do, or what other people say to you, or say about you, on social networks is just dumb. The majority of people wouldn't give it a second thought, and for that one friend that does care and would change their opinion of you because of it, they're either close enough to you to seek out the real story or distant enough acquaintances where it doesn't matter anyways.

Above it all, I'm most angry that this one, small, insignificant comment would warrant a complete removal of trust. I thought about what you said, starlooker, and it's a very real possibility that certain things I've done indirectly could be causing her to be blowing this one thing out of proportion. I can think of at least two other things, maybe even three that might give her reason to make this a big deal. Each is small, but perhaps they add up.

I think I'm also kind of angry that I can't just call her out on all of this. Unfortunately, in my experience, telling it straight out is generally the worst way to face people. Plus, there's always that possibility that I am totally and completely wrong. There is always that little voice that reminds me of the fact that this is all from my perspective, and I can try as I might to present it in as neutral a way as possible, but it's still biased and thus, while I can find people who might agree with me, I could still very well be wrong.

Anyways, thanks Jayelle and starlooker for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Addict

Postby Sonikku13 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:21 pm

I hate that my Sony PSP broke, and I didn't intentionally break it; I just left it on the ground under my bed which protects it from being stepped on. How does it break? I don't know. I'm done with handheld consoles. They always break on me for no apparent reason. This is the third one that broke on me.
TG M203 Bunker, PFC, 1st Corps, CoD Division, PC Brigade, 1st BTN, Chungking (ST) Squad, SM

I've had 102 nukes on MW2.

I have Asperger Syndrome (I was diagnosed at birth). It's categorized as a "disability".

Return to “Milagre Town Square”