Things that I hate

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:01 am

Ugh, the six month review thingie I had to do a few weeks ago was bad enough and everyone involved knew it was a bullshit formality. Here's how I wanted to answer the questions:

1. What short and long term goals have you set for yourself?
Short term: answer these stupid questions. Long term: figure out what I'm going to do when this comes up again in another six months.

2. How can (the company) help you achieve these goals?
Quit asking stupid irrelevant questions, we both know you don't actually care.

But instead I put some bullshit generic answers. It's not that I don't have goals, I just don't think my personal goals are any of their damn business. Oh well, I got a 50 cent raise out of it so I guess I can't complain too much.
The enemy's fly is down.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:22 pm

I hate being not-very-good at things in the lab. I know I just need to practice, but I do not like feeling inadequate.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:07 pm

I hate being not-very-good at things in the lab. I know I just need to practice, but I do not like feeling inadequate.

*groan* i know what you mean. i'm pretty good at my job, but there are certain things i know that i need to work on. cuz i tend to screw them up in some way or another each time i do them. it's embarrassing, and it makes me feel like i'm crap at my job even though i know i'm not.

hate that.
Ubernaustrum

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:59 pm

I just had a large chunk of tooth filling fall out, which got put in less than a year ago. Do you think they will charge to re-fill it? I hope not since it was so recent. I wasn't even eating anything that would cause it to break. Grr.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:06 am

I know I've had fillings replaced for free when they've fallen out within two years. Hopefully your dentist has a similar policy!
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:04 am

I am trying to save the panic attacks over that until it actually happens. The fact that eventually my fillings will FALL OUT - and then, even worse!, need REPLACING - is a thought I avoid carefully.

But yes, a panic attack for another day.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:59 am

Well, I think this one was done poorly from the start. It never felt quite right. As in, it felt slightly rough to my tongue. It is between two teeth and when I try to floss there, the floss would get shredded because the filling was so jagged. I'm hoping that they redo it in a more elegant fashion. I have an appt tomorrow morning. They said it will be free if the part that fell out is actually the one they put in 10 months ago (which it is but they can't guarantee that until they see it).
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:19 am

The AIM/AOL/whatever sn I've had for 10 years is currently off-limits. As in, no matter what client I try to use to sign into it, it basically does not exist any longer. I mean, it exists, but it won't sign in. I know the password just fine and even used it yesterday but out of nowhere, it gave me the boot and has not recognized either the sn or the pw since. I even tried resetting the password, to see if that helped. Nothing. I have other sn's but using them is about as comfortable as wearing shoes 4 times too small. 10 years, folks, and as a major part of the way I speak to people, when I speak to people, I want that option.

Apparently I'm not alone in this and have sent in information to hopefully get this fixed.

In the meantime, for those who have clients that block everyone not already on your list, thanks for cutting me off ;)
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:23 am

You can always nab me via FB messenger, and have you tried using a client like pidgin or digsby?
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:30 am

As in, no matter what client I try to use to sign into it, it basically does not exist any longer.
:?

It's not just me experiencing this; it's apparently affecting a big enough group of people that they've opened some sort of ticket on it. I could try with every last client and it would tell me the name/pw combo is wrong and I have tried with multiple clients.

It is the weirdest thing to be upset about but man...10 years of having one identity, it becomes a part of you, you know?

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:34 am

*facepalm*

Sorry, I'm not at my best this evening.

Grrr. I hope they fixed!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:25 pm

Don't be sorry, silly.

I'm just frustrated at the thought of possibly having to change after a decade of it being there and not knowing when it will get fixed, when it is my main way of contacting all the people I want to contact, is almost worse than having to change, if that's what it comes down to. I've had that for 2 years longer than I've even been at Pweb, so if I can't use it anymore, I'd rather know upfront than sit around and wait for a bunch of techs to eventually get around to this problem that they really don't care about.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:04 pm

On that note, just in case it can't be fixed, I do have an old, backup SN that is crazy similar. Can those of you who contact me via IM send me a message at your convenience so I can add you to the buddy list? It's the same as my favorite one but with one less S thrown in. Thanks in advance. And, uh, yeah...I'll likewise be invisible there, too. Because that makes me feel better. ;)

(F*ckface, if you see this, I'm thinking of you quite strongly here. I wanted to send you a message earlier but you have people blocked if they're not already known to you.)

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Added!

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:59 pm

Added!
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Added!
Strangely enough, Adam, you were the only person I added to the SN at some point in the very distant past. Not just out of Pwebbers but out of everyone I know. I really don't know how/when that happened.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:07 pm

I can't even remember the last time I signed onto IM.

Oh, wait, I think I hopped on one time a couple of years ago to tell Ali that there was a spam bot.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:11 pm

Added!
Strangely enough, Adam, you were the only person I added to the SN at some point in the very distant past. Not just out of Pwebbers but out of everyone I know. I really don't know how/when that happened.
I think you were hiding from someone and IMed me to complain.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Added!
I think you were hiding from someone and IMed me to complain.
Who? Me? Why, I never! It's like you don't even know me.

;)

Probably but I guess I'm surprised you were the only one. This must have been 2008.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:01 pm

I can't even remember the last time I signed onto IM.
Me too. I had to go off cold turkey. It was way too addicting/time consuming when I used it many years ago.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Okay, so it's not letting me send you a message... Offline messages disabled?
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Double post:

Netflix deciding to randomly hike their prices (starting in September for current customers) without a simple courtesy e-mail to their customers.

And, seriously, my bill is going from $9.99 to $16.98? No thanks, Netflix. I only have the DVD option because it's $2 more than streaming-only, I'm too lazy to change it, and it's nice to get the 3-4 DVDs a month. So, I guess I'm saying thank you, because you just cut my bill from $9.99 to $7.99 and I'll go back to using free promo codes at Redbox if there's a new release I'm dying to see.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

ender1
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: I know Photo-fu

Postby ender1 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:39 pm

So, I guess I'm saying thank you, because you just cut my bill from $9.99 to $7.99 and I'll go back to using free promo codes at Redbox if there's a new release I'm dying to see.
That's exactly what they what since streaming is way cheaper for them than sending out dvd's and is probably a reason why they're upping the price on that plan.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:46 pm

So, I guess I'm saying thank you, because you just cut my bill from $9.99 to $7.99 and I'll go back to using free promo codes at Redbox if there's a new release I'm dying to see.
That's exactly what they what since streaming is way cheaper for them than sending out dvd's and is probably a reason why they're upping the price on that plan.
I heard it's the other way around, that studios are charging up the ass for streaming content and DVDs are cheaper for the to deal with.

ender1
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby ender1 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:50 pm

I'll have to find my source again but it put streaming a title at around the 10 cent area and sending a dvd at the $1.xx area. Also probably only accounting for the 'transport' of the media and not the licensing.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:25 pm

I hate when people don't take care of their pets. You should not own them if you can't/won't take care of them properly. The upside is that this family that I know, who has been horribly neglecting a bearded dragon for almost two years, has finally agreed to give it up. I am now rescuing another one. He is even more malnourished than the last one I rescued. It's so sad!

ender1
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby ender1 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Rachael Ray

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:11 am

I HATE house-hunting/moving. GRAGH!

Also, I hate being put on hold by the credit card people - I'm calling internationally, people! I'm going to get cut off! I tell you this!

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:18 am

That few understand how magnificent what I just posed in the opposite thread is.

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:35 am

That few understand how magnificent what I just posed in the opposite thread is.
// It was kind of weird reading that while listening to music in French. I had a bit of a brain spasm/parallel processing failure.

I hate that only one campus department has oodles of free & legal reading material to download while the other one that I one to read to see if my former interest in that career path was terribly misguided has nada.
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:10 am

Explain it to us simpletons....It has something to do with Australia right? :o
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:27 am

Explain it to us simpletons....It has something to do with Australia right? :o
If I explain it, it will *ruin* it!

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:07 am

I hate that I have to get a tetanus shot in a couple hours because I got in a cat fight.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:10 am

A cat fight with a cat or a "cat fight" with another woman? Either way, are you alright?
The enemy's fly is down.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:14 am

With a neighbor cat that I was attempting to rescue and then found out that it didn't need rescuing. Who lets their cat outside without a collar or tag with a four-lane highway 100 feet away? I assumed it had escaped and wasn't supposed to be outside but I was wrong. I have about 20 deep scratches (worst is around 6" long on my upper arm) and two deep nail punctures. No bites, fortunately. I haven't had a tetanus shot in about 20 years but I remember it hurt a lot and the soreness lasted quite a few days.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”