Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:16 pm

Dear you,

Have an amazing weekend!

- Twinny
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:07 pm

Dear You,

Guess where I'm going in November? I'll give you a hint...

VRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! SCREEEEEEECRASHSMASH!

<3
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:02 am

Dear You,

Awesome!!

Vrrrrrrooooooomm! VROOM! VRRRROOOOOMMMMM!!!!

<3
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Dear Co-Workers,

STOP making posters in Comic Sans. BOO! I will remake them. I will remake them ALL!!

-JL
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Eskarina
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eskarina » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:30 am

Dear you,
I'm still very shaky at seeing you. Can't wait till someone tells me again I have an attitude, I'm tired to see your hypocrite side all the time when you're dealing with other people.

I'm tired to know you will kick them out very fast at the slightest hint of by you perceived 'problem', not just because it has happened between you and me. It pains me for the other people not knowing what kind of person you are at the closer sight. I'm also annoyed that you very likely feel similarly of me, judging by the misinformation you have spread in other ways indicating you still have not modified any of your judgment.

Where you don't know me, though after debates with just about everyone, I happen to feel it's *you* who displays the same behavioral pattern in circles, with no real change.
We should have no regrets. ... The past is finished. There is nothing to be gained by going over it. Whatever it gave us in the experiences it brought us was something we had to know.
- Rebecca Beard

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:31 am

Dear You,

May I have this dance?
The password is "guilty"

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:27 am

Dear You,

Answer. Your. f******. Phone.

Or call me the hell back.

I'm starting to get paranoid that I pissed you off (although I have no idea what I could have done). Or that you've just dropped me altogether blah blah blah. Which would be all well and good but you promised me that you would help me with this. You are the only person within reasonable driving distance that I have to help me right now. If I lived in North Dakota, I would have someone. If I lived in Texas, I would have someone. If I lived near Tennessee/North Carolina, I would have people. But I don't. I live here. And you were the only really close friend I made last year. And if you drop me now, I will have to hunt for a wedding dress by myself and I am terrified of that. So would you just return a f****** phone call?

Sincerely,

Your supposedly long-lost twin. Who is feeling like she is being told to get lost again.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby hive_king » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:09 am

Dear you,

I was with her in bed the other night, just cuddling and holding her close to me, our hearts beating in sync as the night turned to faint, chill touches on our bodies. All that was running through my head, as she sighed and snuggled her head into my shoulder, is how much I'd rather have it be you snuggling against me as we sought refuge from the autumn night. I know I don't even know you that well, and I know this may not even turn out into anything at all. To be frank, I don't even know how much you even feel for me. My friend says you told him you do, but my pessimism knows no bound. I can't even put into words, as so often is my crippling problem, why I even am thinking of you as much as I am, but somehow you've struck a cord with me, oh delightful devilish deliverer of delicious desserts. I can't explain why, it is beyond my meager ability to hammer out letters into something resembling an attempt at communication. All I know is that if I don't figure things out soon, when that lonesome part of the night comes, when the shadows are deepest and the human mind has wandered farthest from home, it may slowly drive me crazy. f*** I'm poetic tonight.

NH
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:46 pm

Dear You,

Re: My previous message.

Swine flu and stranded in LA are acceptable excuses. I'm SO glad we got caught up.

Your long-lost twin
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Dear Satya,

Thanks for waking everyone up but I think you broke my new posts tag in the process; none of your threads show I've read through them after I have in fact done so.

Dear You,

You're sort of a creep. Please stop staring at me, showing me the ol' "I'm watching you" sign, making disturbing noises when I walk by, commanding me to smile at you, etc. I hate to break it to you but I smile at everyone; you're not exactly special to me.

-Your sometimes friendly neighborhood librarian's assistant

Dear You,

I've found a strange comfort in figuring out that whenever I start to think of you in a certain, overly happy/friendly light, you go and make yourself scarce- I can now predict, with a high percentage of accuracy, when I can and can't expect your company.

With that said, you've done three small things (at least) in the past few weeks that made me extremely happy, so thanks. There's been other, much appreciated acts of consideration but it's the little things that can make all the difference, ya know? This is the you I've missed, so although I think I'm getting much less time, it feels better.

-Me
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:24 pm

I've had a similar problem. After viewing a thread it still sometimes shows up as unread unless I go back to another time. *shrug*
Discord ID: AJ#0001

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:03 am

Dear You,

last chance. third times the charm and all that.

Dear You,

thanks for all your support

Dear me,

about damn time you paid that credit card, doofus.

Dear me,

I hate having had to scale back my student loan payment more than I hate having to be unsure about work, even though I have been working regularly.

Dear me,
you've only you to blame, unfortunately there's no time travel machine to let you go back and lose your virginity at a proper age (16-18) and now no girl will have anything to do with you because although you haven't been a virgin for years, your very inexperience at your age is an enormous turn off for the girls you've dated--the deal breaker, so to speak, being inexperienced enough to not be any good at it. lol, how embarrassing and unmanned an experience it is to live for the past eleven and a half months or so with that knowledge. A real shame you didn't pressure that one girl who wanted to wait for marriage (and emphatically didn't want to marry you which she let you know from practically week one), that was a wasted year and a half relationship. a waste of a year and a half of college when you could have had a normal healthy first relationship with someone who was both sane and not morally uptight (though insane but not uptight would have been acceptable).

Dear me,
you've got fat, 216, at your new apartment. Get thee ass to a gym and stick to it. you're back on days now, so no more excuses.

Dear me,
banging your head into a wall/table/hand/fist/couch/bed/chair/floor etc will unfortunately not make all the memories of past stupidity go away. I would opt for the eternal sunshine machine. not to get rid of relationships but just embarassing s***, just keep the experiences that made me proud and self confident of myself, maybe it could helpfelly rewire my personality to not be so Dexter-like. I think I'm strange weird and creepy, what on earth do women think of me? can't be anything good.

Dear me,
you're an internetsomniac, go to bed, idiot.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Totoro To-to-ro

Postby shadow-petra » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:57 pm

Dear you,

I miss the old Pweb...

~Shadow-petra

Dear You,

I think I'm in love with you. I love when I see you. I love that weird happy noise you make when you see me, especially at work. I love that you've opened up and ask for hugs from me. I love when I open my mouth, you know to feed me. I love that I know your menstrual cycle better than you do. I love that I'm your personal masseuse, that you need me to massage the kinks out that much in a week is ridiculous. I love how open I am to you, and vice versa. It's ridiculous how much you depend on me, how I need to wake you up for class, drag you out of bed. But I love it. I would do it for any other person, but it's so much fun to do it for you.

I love that you let me sleep in your bed in between classes. I love that you join me when you come back from your classes early. And I love that you let me when you're there. It's always so warm, it feels so good to feel your heat near mine. Or is it that I just need someone by me? I don't care, I love it so much. I want to to wrap my arm around your waist to bring your body closer to mine. I want your hand on mine in our cuddling embrace. I want your breath in sync with mine...even though it's impossible, as we've established your shallow breathing. I want your back against my front, to be able to put my face into your back and nuzzle at your soft shirts. And I want your front to my back, to feel a mass of soft warmth. I love that I can pass out for just 30 minutes and get the best sleep of the day.

And I am scared of what might happen when you leave. You're so dependent. You're the kind of person who needs to be in a relationship most of the time. I'm already jealous of B. And you talk about B with such affection, I don't know how much of it I can take. I know you said it could never happen, but I'm jealous. It's never happened before. You don't even realize how much it hurts. I've never felt like this towards anyone. And you're leaving for the Netherlands for a semester next year. What am I going to do? You're probably going to find someone and have your heart broken again. I don't mind if you run to me. My friends do all the time. But can you really not see me? We depend on each other so much. I don't think I can open up anymore without risking our friendship. I don't know how to tell you, or if you'll even accept me as anything more but a friend. It feels good when you do return affectionate actions. And until you break my heart into millions of pieces, until someone can get over the mile high wall gotten past, or until someone finds a way to mend my heart together from my experiences, I don't think I could ever not love you.

Love,

Me
June 2004...Gawd I'm old...

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:57 pm

Dear You,

Oh goodness. Hon. Gracious. Arg! s***. Poor baby. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? Ack. Want. To. Protect. Can't without risking relationship. Damnit. ARG.

I cannot wait to go running on my elliptical tonight. Much steam to be blown. Oh yeah.

Me
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:56 am

Dear you,

I'm not allowed to talk to you anymore.

Dear you,

That goes double for you.
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:25 pm

Dear you,

Just when I thought I had lowered my expectations of people to such an extent as to prevent any disappointment, you somehow still managed to let me down. And I'm not even sure if I'm being reasonable but it still hurts so much.

me
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:58 pm

Dear You,

Don't be so shy. I would love to hear from you! I know that right now, somewhere, some little germ of thought in your head is stirring, saying, "I think I'm going to dial a random number, and offer the person who answers a chance to get married in my beautiful, appropriately-sized church on 10/10/10! That way, they won't have to get all worried about calling!" And then you'll randomly call my number and I won't have to think about this anymore. I'll leave my cell phone on. Go on! Call me. You know you want to. I'm right here in Wichita, waiting!

Affianced
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:04 pm

Dear You,

Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:12 am.

Why can't you see the difference anywhere but where it least matters?

Why can't I be more like you?

Why can't I wisen up?

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:19 pm

Dear My Mary Margaret,

After all the history and the drama and the water under the bridge, you would think I would be able to work up some angstyness over our forthcoming reunion. Particularly since it's been I-don't-even-know how many years since I last saw you. Six, I think. And four since we last spoke prior to our facebook reunion. And the last time I saw you had such awful aftermath.

But I just love you and can't wait to see you and am so happy we're part of each other's lives again. The only anxiety is around will our significant others get along well enough to leave us alone to talk. I can't work up angstyness even when I kind of try :)

I love you ridiculous amounts and am all squealy-like with looking forward to seeing you,

Me
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:37 pm

Dear You,

**** you. Right up the ***. I am so f****** sick of going to people for advice and getting worse guidance than what the 8ball tells me. Just tell me you have no idea, save us both some time.
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:19 pm

Dear You;

Facebook sucks. That is all.
Discord ID: AJ#0001

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:17 am

Dear You,

You keep talking, but all I hear is "blah blah blah, I'm a dirty whore."

Me

Dear You,

Go away. Please. Please. Please. I will make you go away if I must, but I'd rather you just go away on your own. But I know you won't.

The person who owns the desk you sit on
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:13 pm

Dear You,

You keep talking, but all I hear is "blah blah blah, I'm a dirty whore."

Me
Dear Goat,

This gives me warm-fuzzies in your direction; why? Did you use that a lot when we first met? Or did my brothers/cousin use that a lot when I first met you? You won't know the answer if it's option number two. I think it's number one.

Me

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:33 pm

Dear You,

I have to ask again, because I didn't quite catch your answer the first time:

What the f***??

I honestly don't know what you're trying to do here. Maybe my mom, of all people, is reading this situation the right way; we'll see in due time.

Anyhow, you're weird. (And that's something, coming from me). That, coupled with the fact that I have an irrational aversion to communicating with you, due to the fact that you were around at almost exactly the worst time of my life. Irrational and unjustified, perhaps, but considering the fact that you're weird, there is some justification to distancing myself from the situation.

Well, won't this make another nice little story that someone else will linger over way too much. It doesn't really affect my life in any way.

-me
The password is "guilty"

Eskarina
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eskarina » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:55 am

Dear you,
What is this alienation? What is this 'I'm not okay, sorry,' for 'I can't even talk with you one while'? But sure you can go to pub with the other chicks. I've thought of you as a friend for one year long. I've hoped it'll continue.

But obviously, you have someone else, someone who can spend more time with you, someone who is everything I'm not, so khtxbye. I'll try to forget you said I matter to you this way lot and I've helped you change your life this big. I'll really try to forget. It was just words. It didn't matter. Well, at least it seems that not to *you*.
We should have no regrets. ... The past is finished. There is nothing to be gained by going over it. Whatever it gave us in the experiences it brought us was something we had to know.
- Rebecca Beard

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Yebra » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:16 pm

[blank]
Last edited by Yebra on Tue May 07, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:41 pm

Dear You,

Abso-f******-lutely.
The password is "guilty"

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Dear you,

Every time you post something depressing I can't help but wonder if I'm partly at fault. It's incredibly selfish, I know. This is me letting go and not blaming myself anymore. I hope you've forgiven me, because I'm done secretly wishing for forgiveness.

me.
The password is "guilty"

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Dear Co-Workers,

Yes, I do know more about computers then you. I like the internet and I know how to use it. That does not mean that knowing hardware is my domain. Installing a new monitor doesn't need to fall to me just because I'm more familiar with a computer. Unplug the old one, and plug the new one in. There are two cords and one of them is a power cord. You may recognize it from EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER PLUGGED IN. The other fits in the same place the old one was plugged in. It's also the only hole in the computer that fits that kind of plug.

I am not an expert! It's not complicated if you use common sense instead of waving your hands at "that thing" and refusing to touch it.

-your annoyed co-worker who got no sleep last night.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:42 pm

I wondered if we had the same coworkers for a minute. But mine aren't quite so incompetent with technology. Except the one who asked how to find the internet so she could look for a car.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:21 am

http://xkcd.com/627/
I wondered if we had the same coworkers for a minute.
Oh, you silly people. Everyone is like that, even the techies.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:43 am

Dear You,

Bllleeeeehhhrgggghhgerrrrghhhg.

I dislike that this dude is messing with my facebook stalking of you by being a new regular presence on your page. Also, I have an exam in four hours, so if you could erase yourself from my memory for a short period of time and let this clenched feeling in my stomach go away so I could cram for a test I know nothing about that would be fantastic.

Me.

(PS You would find me posting this super-gay, one of your many endearing qualities is that you are cooler than I am.)

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Yebra » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:40 am

[blank]
Last edited by Yebra on Tue May 07, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:42 am

Dear world,

There's something I came to the realization of a long time ago: no matter how certain I am, how recently I saw something, or how vividly I remember anything, I can always be wrong, and, in fact, often am. There is no 100% sure about anything I think, whether it's an opinion or fact. This is not a difficult concept, as it's something statisticians deal with on a normal basis. Nothing is sure, everything has a rate of failure, and with humans involved that RoF goes way up.

So people, world. Accept this, also. It would make you and me get along much better.

Love,
Jeff
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:47 pm

So what Mich is trying to say is that there is some nonzero probability that we are actually the same person.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Return to “Milagre Town Square”