Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:07 am

"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Dear yous,

Okay people, I've made my contributions. Time to come back.

-JL
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Dear you,

I think it's because we were missing our soul for the weekend.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:16 pm

This quiet spell goes way beyond the weekend and we've probably got a ways to go before the next cycle of chattiness. Life, and all. It happens to some of us, apparently.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Dear You,

Make sense, dangit!!

- writer
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:51 am

Dear You,

HAH! On average SEVEN hours over my norm! HAHAHA! Sweet. TOLD you August was a fluke!

Anyhow, yes, I'll do my best to document better so this type of thing doesn't happen again. Also, now that I'm going to be getting paid for going over my norm, it's a bit of an incentive.

But just thought you should know that August was a fluke and in reality I rock.

Me
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: GD in Disguise

Postby Petrie » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:07 am

Dear You,

So here we are. You leave tomorrow for a year, off to Paris and who knows where else. I should know where else but I don't because you've been avoiding me since June and I can't believe it always comes back to this. It's like you and the rest of the world knows the best way to hurt me is to leave me, and so you did, well before you leave the country.

I want to say mean things, angry things, things that I usually tell only myself in my angriest of moments and even then, things I feel bad about thinking immediately after I've thought it.

I won't.

But you're missing things. You've been missing things. When was the last time you cared about that? When was the last time that bothered you? When you get back, this time next year, I'll be free. I hope. I'll hopefully have purchased my ticket to Chicago, to go scouting for an apartment. I'll be nearly-29, which is almost-30, which frightens me, given where I am in life. Who knows what else 2011 will bring? Look at what 2010 has meant, this crazy, weird, actually amazing year...even in the brutal parts and trust me, there have been brutal parts.

What about your life have I missed? What haven't I missed, really?

This feels dishonest, putting this here, but we'll consider it a "Bon voyage" and nothing more, seeing as it hasn't been true for so long, it's hard to believe it ever was.

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
Love...ith,

Lea

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:55 am

It's like you and the rest of the world knows the best way to hurt me is to leave me, and so you did, well before you leave the country.
This.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:51 pm

Dear you,

I miss you. Sorry about this.

- night-shifter

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Dear You,

I know your child had pneumonia, and I am so sympathetic. And I also know better than most people what it is like to get behind on work and not meet people's hopes. However, that said, could you please, please, please hurry and post some of our wedding photos on your blog? Please?

Eager bride
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:26 am

Dear you,

Go to sleep already; six-thirty comes early.

~yourself
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:41 pm

Dear You,

I know I'm weird about weekends and it's something I may need to revisit with myself but, in the meantime, if you're wondering if I want to, or if I ever think about you and when, the answers are: yes, yes, all the time/probably too often.

What a mess.

-Chicken

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:11 am

Dear You,

You were an amazing man and I still try to live by some of the lessons you taught me. I'm sorry I wasn't able to see you before you passed. Thank you, and God bless.

- Hey hey hey

Wise Goat
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Wise Goat » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:11 pm

Dear You,

Thanks for the tie advice. Cross your fingers the networking stuff actually helps.

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:39 pm

*fingers crossed* I'm wishing and hoping. I will even spend one of my saved up airplane wishes for you. :)

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:47 am

Dear You,

I'm so, so sorry for misleading you. I do feel terrible, after all you've done.

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:25 am

Dear You,

I have eleven point seven days as of last Friday. That will continue to accumulate as I continue to work. Three are set aside for CO in August 2011 -you, like everyone, are invited to that of course. Three are set aside for my winter, moving preparation visit in early December 2011...it'd probably be smart to set aside more there but I plan to do as much as I can from home and I'm scarily, naively optimistic about that working out without any mishaps. I will lose one for my January trip to Tucson.

That leaves me with four point seven, before we add in the days I'll earn even before this year is over (1.5ish), let alone next year. I'll have twenty personal leave hours, don't ask don't tell sick leave basically; that's two and a half more days. None of this includes weekends. I will not use them to pad holiday weekends; that's not my style. I'm giving you first dibs on those. If you want them. It's okay if you don't.

May 31st-August 5th is a blackout zone for me because of summer reading. I could travel then but only Saturday evening-Sunday-Monday.

Just so you know I haven't counted you out yet, I'm telling you those are yours if you want them and those are my limitations.

-me

Dear You,

*scratches head* I don't get you. At all.

-me

Dear You,

You are kind of my anchor, whether you or I like it or not. You have to be around. With him busy, I look to you and when you're not there, I start to feel like I'm losing my grip. Live up to your title as my heterosexual, platonic life partner. Even if I didn't ask if you wanted that title.

-me

Dear You (again),

I'm sorry for being frustrating, for constantly apologizing where it's unnecessary, and for worrying so much. For what it's worth, I'm trying to just go with the flow. I'm trying, period. And I'm doing that because as self-deprecating as you are, I think you are the stuff songs are made of. Not just the emo ones, either.

-me, still
So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways, all my underdogs.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:55 pm

Dear you,

When you're in your car, the turn signal is not the gearshift. The right blinker won't let you go forward, nor will the left put you in reverse.
The enemy's fly is down.

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:12 am

Dear you,

I know there isn't really anything you could ever do to redeem yourself yet I still have a bunch of my self and ambitions tangled up in you. So I think that's why I still care. And I do like talking when the friction is cut a bit.

But texting me often and going radio silent only for me to know on Facebook you are 2 miles away from me? And then text me as soon as you've been gone from here 8 hours?

You tell me how much longer it will be until you get back on AIM but you won't see me.

I can read a lot into this and none of it is anything I like. And I dislike that I am only wanting to really reach out to you now that *I* really need something, but now I'm also remembering how I've never really been able to be open with you except for a few times and it has also been someone else to actually be there for me.
Last edited by megxers on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

megxers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby megxers » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:13 am

double post, thanks weird internet
Your life anymore

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:37 am

Dear yous,

Aarrgghhh! Please let us start closing down food stuff at 9pm so we don't need to stay until midnight cleaning up. Also, please reduce your daughter's ultra-shift manager status to the same shift manager status as us other two shift managers: she is absolutely intolerable and all the more so because in her insecurities she lords (ladies?) it over us. And finally, to you in particular, I do not know if you are doing this deliberately or not, but when you disagree with how I'm doing something you do a really, really, really good job of saying it in such a way that all I hear is a sarcastic "good job, screw up". A simple request that I change my method would suffice and I'd have an easier time filing it under Constructive Criticism.

~me
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:58 am

Dear You,

One year ago today, you wrote something about me that made you unlike the ones who came before you. In the time since then, we have changed the "never"s to "have"s and in that "however long," for me, everything did click and was right. You truly are something special.
The password is "guilty"

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:01 pm

Dear You,

You piss me off. I know I spoke to you about this exact issue last year and that was so long ago (<- not entirely facetious) but give me a break. While I expected this to happen when I saw your eyes light up two weeks ago, I thought it'd play out a little differently in the end.

See, those are my things and I don't give a rat's ass if you technically are one of my supervisors, you should still have the decency to ask and not tell me you're taking my things. We all have a budget, we all have to plan to make that budget work for us for a year at a time, and it's not my fault you suck in pretty much every imaginable way when it comes to planning, sticking with plans, being organized and budgeting either time or money.

What makes me most upset is I would give them to you with no hard feelings if you'd just ask. Now, I'll be spending part of my day tomorrow moving the stuff I definitely don't want you taking without asking.

Oh, can I please get a book budget already? I hated getting such short notice last year while being expected to do a good job and turn it in on time. I don't need that stress.

Annoyed,
Alea

Dear Yous,

This slowness is just getting re-donk-ulous.

Love,
Petrie who wants to be G D again but can't until EL gets 12 more posts only she can't get those because she'd have to talk to herself to get them

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:09 pm

Dear you,

I know it's not much but I posted a few to help get GD back. And I'll try to call Monday in between the laundry, cleaning and packing. :)

love,
me

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:48 pm

<3

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:29 am

Dear you,

I came home from my double shift and began posting because I was falling behind. While it was not explicitly to make you happy, I hope it does make you happy all the same.

~me
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby hive_king » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:02 am

Dear Catnip,

We really shouldn't keep this up. I wish you weren't so... tempting. If mike finds out, the world will probably es'plode. But, it just feels so right after 3 months of hardening and closing up and withdrawing emotionally. I'm a very passionate and emotional person, even if I don't show it. Still waters run deep. And to not feel things is just not how the world should be to me. I understand why he loves you. I understand why everyone loves you but yourself. You are a spark of golden light in a world that has largely gone dark. I wish you and Michael were happy together. I wish you could live the free life I know you yearn for. I wish I could stay the cranky old mentor, giving advice and helping you through the rough spots without getting involved. But that's just not what's happened. At the same time, I want to ride in on a white horse and make everything OK. Clearly, I have made some bad decisions in my life. Clearly, things have not gone according to plan. Please, just stop caring what your family thinks. Stop thinking you're a whore. Learn to let go of everything that bothers you, and just be free.

The Cat

Dear Lady Voldmort,

I've promised myself that when I finish Neuromancer I'd use it as an excuse to call you, but every time I pick it up, something else comes up. Maybe it's fate, who knows. I don't know what I even believe in after you. Do you ever think of me? Do I ever cross your mind as you're a thousand miles away? Or am I just a bad memory to be left behind? Does it even matter anymore?

Nick.

Dear Me,

Apparently i want lots of things I'm not going to get.

Me.

Dear Pweb,

Drop me a line sometime. I miss yous.

Hive King
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:38 am

Dear You,

You don't miss us. You never call me anymores. :(

Me
Yay, I'm a llama again!

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Dear Hodgins,

Stop the chirping already! For one, you are a CAT and not a BIRD. For two, I'm trying to study down here!

<3,
your cat-mom
-Kim

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Dear Chargers,

f*** you, too.

Love,

Alea

Dear You,

Relax.

Annoyed,

Yourself

Dear Stupid Commercials,

Go die already.

Also annoyed,

Me

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Dear You,

7 years!! How has it been that long already? And how are we old enough/mature enough to have THREE kids? It doesn't seem very long ago that we knelt across the alter. Now, I have forever to look forward to. I'm so excited to spend all of eternity with you. I'm a lucky girl. Thanks for all you do for me.

Love,
Wifegirl
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

megxers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby megxers » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:08 am

Dear you,

You want to have a talk about our feelings for each other or something? WELLLLLL here's the problem, I can't go admitting I liked you (for years) before you split up with your girlfriend, without making things totally weird, right? Though, the more awkward thing is that now that you're single, I don't really like you, because the first thing you said was kind of skeezy and you've continued in that vein, though you still follow the feminist blogosphere and all.

And I'm still in like with him/etc. As you know. But sure, let's go to a bar after Tron in my favorite part of the city by where my ex's parents live and see how things go. Even though I'd like to find someone else thinking of spending the winter breaks where I'll be in school and the summers where you'll be is a fantasy I can entertain.

Oh, and Mt has named our children, or well, given them academic specialties.

Which isn't weird at all. I know you're not my best friend or anything, but I still don't know if I want to cross that line.

M
Your life anymore

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:51 am

Dear You,

I did it!

- The Top

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:05 am

Dear You,

That looks better now, doesn't it? Thanks.

Love,
Me
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:15 pm

Dear You,

Whoa, weird. Seeing you use Petrie for the last few weeks makes it so weird seeing Gravity Defier again.

Wil

Return to “Milagre Town Square”