Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:12 am

Dear You,

I can beleive you fell for it! that was so funny!

-K.R.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:19 pm

Dear you,

You haven't gotten away with anything, despite what it may seem. I know what you did and he knows what you did. Someday you will be held accountable. I don't know when or how but I have to believe that it will happen or I would go insane. All I wanted was for you to admit, acknowledge, apologize and make amends in whatever way possible. But you excused it away and never accepted real responsibility for your actions and the destruction they caused. Someday I will get justice for that...and you will pay.
The password is "guilty"

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:43 pm

Dear you,

I realize that you don't like self exploitation. Good for you. That doesn't mean that I'm going to stop liking it. I don't find it unethical, rather a good use of what my ancestors gave me. =]

So, please stop talking to me only about that.. Let's talk about the tennis court oath! Or we could play tennis! Though I think we've found out that we're not so great at that. We could see a movie! But then if one of the characters happened to be gay, I'm sure I'd get to hear about how "you shouldn't laugh at them because laughing would just support their gayness." Gah, don't listen to everything your Sunday school teacher tells you! If you paid attention, you'd notice that while it's great that he's introducing you to a new religion every week, he's only showing you how Christianity is the best and everything else is bad and whatnot.

But yeah! I can't wait to see you again. We can study for the SAT =/

human.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:14 pm

Dear you,

"written". There, now you've got one that you know is about you.

-me
The password is "guilty"

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:17 pm

And ^ was me; so you've got one that you know who wrote it.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:54 pm

Dear You,

Periods go inside quotation marks.

-Me
The password is "guilty"

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:24 am

Dear you,

That actually depends on which country you're from.

~me
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:53 am

dear you,

does it really matter, when you know the writer is american?

-me
The password is "guilty"

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Dear You,

Get away from me, damn hiccups!

-Me

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:23 am

Dear You,

The dream I had last night roughly translates into "I'm losing my marbles because of you." Just so you know.

Also, that is probably the closest I've come to what people want me to "admit". Hopefully it's also the closest I'll ever come, although that's a toss-up now. Anything could happen.

I wish you all the happiness...?

Me
The password is "guilty"

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:32 pm

Dear You,

I'm putting you first here, which is something I don't do enough of in life.

First, RELAX! You've looked over common questions, you've prepared ideas to present, your "I'm awesome" binder is ready, you've done parts of this position in an unofficial capacity for over a decade, and you are damn good at this when you have taken the time to prepare. Your pants are ironed, your outfit is smashing if I do say so myself, and your hands are soft but ready for firm handshakes. Sarah Bareilles will be ready to play when your ride shows up and if you don't bomb this, there's going to be "He's Just Not That Into You" in your future. If you get stumped, pause for a moment to think, not freak out. There, you're already more at ease.

Good luck, goober.

-Yourself

Dear You,

I'm not ignoring you; I just need to get through today's interview and the next two days for other reasons that are hard to explain. If you want to talk about it, we'll do it N-Night (hehe). If you don't, that's cool, too.

-Alea

Dear You,

Thank you for staying up to help me out. :)

-Me
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:36 am

Dear You,

I hate you and your stupid guts. Leave me alone.

-Me

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:00 pm

Dear You,
Why would you even write that? I can't believe that you would deliberately be so hurtful, and yet...there it is. It's hard to believe the wounds will ever heal fully....they are only now moving on to the scabby oozing stage from the bleeding mess they were 2 months ago, so why would you twist the knife like that? You're the one who begged and pleaded that we remain friends, and constantly apologized for causing the mess to begin with....and yet here you are making a show out of the one topic that has the power to drive us apart, and praising this newcomer for agreeing in heartbeat to make the decision that I simply couldn't, and which you couldn't either, and agreed with my reasons for not doing so, and even strictly forbade me from making it under the circumstances which he now offers to do. Just get out of my life if your only goal is to try and cover your shame....like THIS, and if it's not, you'd better rethink your tactics pretty quickly, because there is nothing you can possibly say that will drive me away more effectively than that.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Eskarina
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eskarina » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:21 am

Dear Pweb,

I sincerely like spending time with you.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:55 pm

Dear Owls,

STOP THAT RIGHT NOW! You were doing so well, and then you just totally fell apart. Cut it out. You doing well was supposed to offset my mom's dog biting attacking my new kitten and me getting scratched to hell and bitten. So, shape up.

Love,
Your Fan
-Kim

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:39 pm

Dear You (s),

Maybe before you spout your mouth off about your "sister-in-law who's still breastfeeding her 9 month old, isn't that gross?" you should pay attention that there are others in the room who might happen to be mothers of 9 month-olds who are sure as HELL still breastfeeding. What do you think a 9 month old eats, you ignorant ass?
Not only were your comments ignorant and ass-hattish, they were also the first time I've had that kind of attitude expressed to me. I knew that people thought that, but I could ignore it. Now I have your stupid voice saying "Isn't that gross?" in my head.
As for the rest of you,
You are all complete asshats and when you have kids, I hope you all eat your words. You have NO IDEA what the hell you are talking about. I do not need to hear your ridiculous opinions about parenthood and childraising. We are not being overprotective to keep our child from chasing the cat into a corner, we are not stupid for not letting her chow down on the grass outside.
STFU.

Jan
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:15 am

Dear you,

Keep a copy of this handy from the World Health Organization's infant feeding recommendations, for when any future asshats give you a hard time:

"Breastfeeding is an unequalled way of providing ideal food for the healthy growth and development of infants; it is also an integral part of the reproductive process with important implications for the health of mothers. As a global public health recommendation, infants should be exclusively breastfed (1) for the first six months of life to achieve optimal growth, development and health (2) Thereafter, to meet their evolving nutritional requirements, infants should receive nutritionally adequate and safe complementary foods while breastfeeding continues for up to two years of age or beyond.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Dear You,

Oh, please, will you stop being so f****** ambiguous?
The password is "guilty"

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:09 pm

Yes and no.

dgf hhw

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:31 pm

Dear You,

For f***'s sake. Why is it that hearing that you've erased me as a Facebook friend ruins my evening so effectively even when you've given me a perfectly legitimate reason for it? Facebook friend, like? What a stupid f****** thing to care about. God damn that.

Bah.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:39 am

Not only were your comments ignorant and ass-hattish, they were also the first time I've had that kind of attitude expressed to me. I knew that people thought that, but I could ignore it. Now I have your stupid voice saying "Isn't that gross?" in my head.
As for the rest of you,
The only time I've ever had a problem with breastfeeding is when the neighbor kids up in Maine were still doing it at 6.....
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Dear techs,

Read this. Try to remember it when feeling like a dumbass in that specific way.

-me

dgf hhw

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:05 am

Dear You,

You are made of awesome. I love the fact that you exist, especially today, such a pivotal day. And you have absolutely no idea how hilarious what you did earlier was. I had such a hard time keeping myself in the context of the conversation. So funny.

Have a good summer, and a good year. I'm glad we became friends.
The password is "guilty"

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jebus » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:35 pm

Dear You,

It's getting harder and harder to not admit to you that I am pretty much completely in love with you, especially when you're lying naked in my bed staring into my eyes and making it seem like you want to tell me the same thing. Hopefully you're gonna break first, I don't know how many more nights I can go without saying it, but I don't want to be first.

Also, I really don't want to be in a relationship again, and I'm pretty sure you don't either, but you've also killed a lot of my singledom drive. So, I guess that makes things awkward?

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:04 am

Dear You,

Yaaaaay!!! I am so glad my mommy bought you for me!!! We are going to have so much fun on the beach together. You're going to be flying over the net, and you and I will help teach mom how to play. I love your orange color. I'm so glad we convinced my sister to get you instead of the other blue one. I wish I could tell you this in person, but I kind of can't since you're an orange volleyball we named Floyd...

-Me

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jebus » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:12 am

Dear You,

stop posting when you've been drinking. That's twice in a row now you've sounded like an absolute pussy and I'm not having it anymore.

Yourself.

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:58 pm

Dear You,

You like a giiiiiirl. That's totally gay.
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:56 pm

Dear you,

passive aggressive notes on the refrigerator, really? how lame. and even worse, you choose a passive aggressive note to scold me for doing your dishes because the walls are thin and my taking care of your dishes woke you up? I do not care.

the best part of the absurdity is the note you posted two weeks ago complaining that the kitchen was a mess full of stinky dishes. At least half those dishes were yours, yet your note told us to clean it up. I had specifically left all your dishes and our other roomates linger there for more than a week (in yet another futile hope some of you might grow up and get a bit of responsibility about cleaning up after yourselves) and knew I would be gone from the house for a four day weekend. I came back to find even more dishes piled in the sink and a note. I did them because they were disgusting, not because of your note. And here I am cleaning up the dishes (because I can't stand them) as I have done all year long and you have the gall to tell me not to do them because I might be doing them at 12:30 or at 8:30.

Just because you get fast food for 80% of your meals does not mean that you magically have no dishes, you accumulate quite a lot of dishes even if you're not cooking. For example, You're the only one here that eats cereal and I wind up doing all our cereal bowls every week. hmm... I walked through your room before, to get to the laundry, and counted at least eight glasses, four plates and half our bowls and countless silverware, most with dried, half eaten, mouldering food caked on it. You use a lot of dishes and you've never done them once this year.

So yes, if I wake you up doing dishes late at night or early in the morning I do not care.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:54 am

Dear L.A. Times,

You offend me. "The Girls Guide to Comic Con" that is simply a list of all the hot guys that might be there? Wow. How awesome that you would put me in a box like that. Amazingly enough, some girls actually read and enjoy comics! There are plenty of girl geeks out there who watch and read sci-fi, and it's not just for a captain in tightpants. There are even girls who, shock of all shocks, don't watch it because their boyfriend/husband/significant other likes it. There are girls who WANT TO GO TO COMIC CON SO BADLY - and it's not for Twilight.

Go to hell, stupid list.

No Love,

Jan
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:39 pm

That reminds me!

Dear You,

You think that I don't like Twilight because I'm not a hopeless romantic? Seriously. There are so many problems with that book/series that is beyond the romantic stuff. I don't care about romantic stuff. I care about flat characters, Mary Sue, strange assumptions, poor grammar, and deus ex machina (or diabolus ex machina).

Signed,
Your brother-in-law
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Eskarina
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eskarina » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:43 am

Mich, so so getting you there.

Jayelle, these morons' comments were completely ignorant and all, and rlly, not worth the bother (not like I am saying anything as that your rant wasn't worth it or something. I just don't have the right equivalent to say, '*hugs* They are screwed.' in some more normal ways.)

As long as the kids get their nutrition, it's not like it's anyone's business HOW.

And Jebus, well, yeah, it sounds really lovely. I hope it works for you two, really.

... okay, to topic. 'Suppose this is not a 'Dear random pwebber posting above me' thread.

Dear you,
I Really Really stop knowing how to approach you. Even online. Which... shouldn't be, but it's apparently different than it should be. Everything is different from 'should's', dang.

Dear another you,
I... Okay? I just feel a bit awkward about everyone going 'Oh God. He is too old for you, isn't he?' when I tell someone about him. I am gonna be wiser next time and not say a thing. But then, don't be really surprised if I choose to not answer the question(s) on my relationship or lack thereof.

Dear yet another you,
Your arguments lie in something like you being distressed. Honestly. I know what living with PTSD is like. But you're making it being f****** up excuse for bad behavior, and not only that, you accuse *others* of manipulating *you* and adding to your already insane stress levels. Which results in the rest of us wanting to just shut off the conversation with you whatsoever. It's not just about *me*, mind you.

Dear you two,
I got angry and distressed enough, but it kicked me right direction. Making the things for myself so you don't have another way to complain how I might be using stuff that *you* use, or worse, *your* by belonging stuff.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:43 am

Dear You,

*glare* You know what they say about people who assume, don't you?
The password is "guilty"

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:55 am

Dear yous,

I know that one of you is right, and one of you is wrong as hell in the argument you guys are in right now. I'm sick and tired of you two bickering, and yelling, and just...UUugghhh...... I want you guys to just shut the hell up and get over it. I really have no say in this, but just go away.

I know that's alot of money. And you had no right to go spend it all.

I know you're right to be mad at him.

You guys should shut up and get over it. I know I already said that, but I am serious.

-Your totally pissed off, mad, hurt, sad, dissappointed daughter.

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:38 pm

Dear You,

Just...pay some attention to me. If I tell you I have a problem with something, it really is a problem because I don't bring the little s*** up. Fix it. If you can't fix it how I ask, the least you can do is offer something else. Not "we'll see."

I don't ask for much. I come in to town most weekends so that I can see you and spend some time with you, I don't think it's much to ask for some actual time to enjoy each other's company, rather than just driving you around to do your errands and eating a couple times. Or, being home when you come over to spend time with my mom so I can drive you to the terminal afterwards.

Does that make me a bad person? Am I being selfish? I have 2 evenings and 2 days in town almost every weekend, is it wrong for me to ask to just spend a few hours just together, go on a date, watch a movie, something just...together? Not battling against your cell phone for some attention. I know you've got a lot going on in your life, and I know I'm not going to top your list of priorities. I'm just asking if you're going to make time for me, make time for me.

I don't want this to go where I think it's going. Prove me wrong, please? "I'm sorry, let me make it up to you." That's all I'm asking.

Or you could just make me do the ignoring and just give up putting in any effort for you. That also works, I guess...

--Cam
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:15 pm

Dear You,

no, I am not leaving my keys on the counter. We all got a very specific email from our landlord that said we are to hand the keys over to their realtor when we do an exit walk through with said realtor. Oh, and I made and paid for a mail key for you (and you never said a word of thanks) and just because you're so irresponsible as to no longer have it is not my problem. I'll turn in my mail key with my other keys, the realtor can give it back to you. And I think Amy has a key anyway, ask her.

Dear You,

you may feel justified in being mad at me and unkind to me right now. Just remember that your justification is self-reinforcing. You get stupid and petulant over something relatively minor, you then make your decision of how you will act if things get worse (and you don't know you've made this decision it's an unconscious one) and then you will selectively filter and view everything from that moment on in such a biased manner that everything that happens confirms that earlier unconscious decision of yours to behave nastily. You've created all this invented justification in your head but it's really absolutely nothing. Not once have you evaluated objectively, or even considered a subjective understanding of the other point of view, you've created a whole solipsistic world full of 'poor me, I am sooo wronged' unfortunately it just makes you look infantile and when you talk about it, you sound pathetic. listen to the Beatles, Let it Be and let a little stillness and calm clear thinking into your decision making, instead of letting all your decision making being stained by all your negative, self-centered and in some ways hateful mindsets, because those mindsets create behaviors that are negative, self-centered and often hateful and that's such a shame to see in anyone, much less you. For goodness sake, don't go pushing someone away for their own good, you're not protecting anyone by being mean to them. Ever.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”