Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Dear You,

Um, did you just unfriend me? That's not nice. I mean, I know it's not personal. It's obviously stupid, but not personal, seeing as I'm by far not the only one. Still. Someone once said they take screenshots of their friend list to know who unfriended them, and I once considered doing that but realized that if it mattered, I'd notice anyway, and if it doesn't, it doesn't. Well, this is a case of the first one. I really enjoyed having you on Facebook, and I'm rather unhappy to see that go. I'm hoping this is some dumb error and will clear up in a few days.

Darn. I'd been having such a good day, too, a lot due to things you posted. Please fix this.

-me
The password is "guilty"

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby hive_king » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:21 pm

Dear Evil Henchwoman,

I hope wherever you are, you're happy. I miss you. I still love you, even if I can't be with you. I just hope you're happy.

Nick
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:33 pm

Dear you,

Have I posted enough for you today?

Steph
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Dear You,

ha! Am I the official post count nazi? I'll just say this: if we had an official "Pweb Stamp of Approval," I'd recommend it be used for your activity today. I hereby crown you the Most Post Queen of the day, whether or not the numbers can back that up.

<3,
Me

PS I'm assuming you're talking to me, if not...just kidding!?
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby hive_king » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:35 am

Dear me.,

No more drinking... this is why... and i'm still thinking about her...

HK
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:27 am

Dear you,

Of course I was talking to you! No one else tries to make me post more. That's just you! ;)

steph

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Dear Pweb,

By request, I am alive! And in college! I wasn't even in high school the first time I posted here. =]

To catch you up, because I know you all are super interested and needing to know about my life, I have:
  • worked for the NSLC Engineering program this summer
    packed up my entire room at my mom's house
    went to NYC for a few days
    drove to North Carolina from Texas (and hope to never do it again)
    started classes
    did some community service
    went to a Lifehouse concert put on by my school!
    ended my relationship after approximately 2.666667 years
    bought a winter coat!
    got a low maintenance job two to three days a week
    made new friends!
I'm pretty sure that's the highlights of it all.. Life is pretty complicated, but overall I'm generally happy! Though I'm sorry I haven't been around. Forgive me? I shall try harder I promise!

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:57 pm

Welcome back. It's weird because I was just wondering what happened to you.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:24 pm

went to a Lifehouse concert put on by my school!

I mean this in a kindhearted way, I swear, but if that's my Lifehouse, I hate you until the end of time. I've never managed to see them in concert for one reason or another, despite numerous attempts, and I've had a long, sacred love for them since 2000.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:10 pm

welcome back human. sounds like life to me. Enjoy.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:54 pm

Ack! I'm so jealous of that concert!

I'm glad you're having fun with school!
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:36 am

Dear You,

I have done nothing but try and be the best person possible for you. Do what I can to make your first year of college as easy as possible, made every point of "being there" for the s*** we've gone through, I've made a lot of effort. I'm done with that. Maybe that's wrong of me, to give up on you, but I'm tired of being spit at. I'm done. In fact, if it wouldn't bother your mother so much I wouldn't even show up to the wedding; though again, I think that's how you'd prefer it. No good deed goes unpunished.

*Sigh* I only wish I had a brother that'd make a point of sending me a birthday gift despite not being on speaking terms. Or, really, anyone who gave that much of a rat's ass about me. I guess that's the difference between the two of us, you're the attention flower, that s*** just rains on you. Good for you.

I do genuinely hope you enjoy Starcraft. Ingrate.

--Me
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Dear You,

Posting spree!
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:43 am

Dear you,

I liked to pretend your location update text messages are from a past you, someone I could have still liked. Maybe I'll see you while your at Starbucks (and we'll spend 5 hours talking, like old times) 200 miles away. Because how else do I remember your old house, except for how she scowled at me as I bonded with your friends on your couch.

The illusion is harder to sustain when we actually chat, but because it is mainly text based, I can get away with it. It disappoints me that the only time you've ever excitedly taken off your shirt for me was on video chat to show me your tattoo. I miss old you,

M
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Dear You,

I'm so sorry. That wasn't me trying to be passive-aggressive, that was me working from an early draft of the schedule and not getting the revision. I wouldn't do that to anyone on purpose. I actually thought my continued efforts to talk to you and be friendly were working before that happened. I will cover for you tomorrow to make up for it.

Sincerely,
Alea

Dear You,

While the word "Mother" is in your title, the word "Nature" is not. Let's not drop the temperatures too much, please? 68 is ridiculous for September and the big Mother knows that.

Love,
Goose

Dear You,

I can't wait to see you! Never leave me again, okay? I have stories for you and I'm practically bouncing in anticipation of your reactions.

Sincerely,
Alea

Dear Yous,

Wow. Just...wow. Baby on the way and trying for one. Naturally I heard about this through other sources; why would you tell me, after all? I, I don't know what I think about this. Talk about a mental conjugal visit.

Me

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:54 am

Dear You,

I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I'm sorry you feel like you're being left out of the wedding. Here's the thing. NOT THAT MUCH HAS HAPPENED! You were in on choosing the location of the church/reception. I sent your daughter a link to my wedding dress to show you. Yes, we got the photographer last week, but that's not really news. My mom called you to compare dresses. And since then, really, all's quiet on the Western front. It's only this week that planning's been picking up again. Anyhow, damnit, the phone works both ways.

I love you, and I know I'm really lucky when it comes to future mother-in-laws but please don't feel left out or put any kind of guilt trip on your son about this stuff.

Your future daughter-in-law

~~

Dear You,

I love you and you know that, right? But I was about ready to smack you this morning. First of all, you KNOW how I hate it when you stay up all night. I f****** hate it. I didn't mind when you were working second shift, I understood. But now that you're not working, you might consider a more regular sleeping schedule a goal to pursue.

Secondly. So, there I am, 5:35 in the morning. For some reason, I was hallucinating that I was smelling eggs or something. I was thinking about how if I got up right then I would have JUST ENOUGH TIME to watch part of The Daily Show, eat breakfast, and get to my 7:00 meeting. Which you knew I had. And that, oh yeah, I have a homicidal client that I need to discuss at said meeting. And there was a part of me, hallucinating about the eggs, thinking maybe you'd made me breakfast as an apology for being up all f****** night long.

So, imagine my surprise when you come into the bedroom (no eggs, like I said, hypnagogic hallucination), and I ask you how your night was, and then you start telling me how your mom feels left out of things. But not just that, all of a sudden, you have about fifty gazillion questions that you don't know, and so you're thinking you're being left out of things, blah blah blah. Because apparently part of you is convinced she actually IS being left out of things. Which she isn't.

First off, last night was the first freaking time I'd talked to my aunt in awhile. And when she was planning, I told her to call your mom and make sure to include her. And I told you that I told her that.

Secondly, I babble on about the wedding plans all the freaking time. Remember the car ride to the restaurant last night? Remember me telling you things about it? (And these were only things I'd been talking about that day, it's not like I was telling you about plans that I'd been keeping secret for weeks.) And you were participating in the damn conversation, it wasn't like you were ignoring me. Also, all those things you are asking me, we've TALKED about needing to plan them. So you know that I don't know, either.

And I apologize and you say it isn't my fault, you just want to know blah blah blah and I'm like, well, I can't tell you and it's upsetting because I do not know how you want me to fix your mom's feelings and/or the state of wedding planning. And, you know what? The counselor in me understands that 1) people who repeat themselves generally do so because they don't feel heard and 2) alternatively, you were just trying to get us to common ground to resolve things but I feel guilty because I don't like people feeling bad and first thing at 5:30 in the f****** morning, my counselor skills are not exactly on. Particularly when, holy s***, I HAVE A MEETING TO GET TO. So I just need you to tell me what you f****** want me to do about all of this. And I cannot do whatever it is right this second. And we don't have time for a lot of apology cuddles because, um, yeah, sorry, meeting where I can consult about duty to warn issues to get to.

Also, for that matter, YOU have a telephone as well. You want to know? YOU call the person responsible and ask. You are a grown up and you have more time on your hands right now than I do.

And, as I mentioned when you were telling me how you'd like to know what's going on with the invitations, you know what I'd like to know? I'd like to know what's going on with the DJ and the tuxes, the TWO f****** THINGS you agreed to be in charge of.

And all f****** morning long it was like that, just miscommunication and you thinking I was mad when I wasn't and me thinking you were mad when you weren't or whatever. And so I was forty f****** minutes late for the meeting. And, yeah, I'm having a hard time not blaming you for that.

Anyhow, I suppose this is what the wedding books all talk about when they guarantee we will drive each other batty at some point before it's all said and done?

I love you and I love you a lot and you mean the world to me and if you ever pull a stunt like that again at 5:30 on a Thursday morning, I... will still love you and not hurt you. But I will be tempted, and I will be ticked.

Love,

Fiancee

~~~

Dear Yous,

Please respond and let's get the time for the dissertation defense set up.

Student

~~~

Dear You,

Um... I just friended you because I kind of halfway knew you were a relative of some sort or another. You aren't invited to the wedding. I don't know a nice way to tell you that.

Facebooker

~~~

Dear You,

Please don't put me on a work improvement plan. I swear, as of today, my work will improve about ten times. Once I get back the third week in October, it will be about about ten times better than that. I swear.

Employee

~~~

Dear You,

Awesome job with the fortune cookies last night. Seriously. How great was that? Mine was that I should call loved ones at a distance and share my news -- I had totally forgotten to call my parents and tell them about sending off the dissertations. And my fiance's, "You will soon be involved in many gatherings and celebrations" -- need I say more? I love your restaurant.

Patron

~~~

Dear You,

Alright. Rough morning. Time to move on and get caught up on the damn work. There's quite the pile sitting here. Remember? Using skills in the service of non mood-dependent goals? Go for that.

Self
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: World Traveler
First Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Postby Claire » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:46 am

Dear you,

I like you!

Love,
Me

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:22 am

Dear Pweb,

There is a picture of Brian wearing a kilt in the Crafty thread. If you don't normally visit that thread, you should go look! (Also, you can see the sweet outfit I made for Kinley to wear to the Highland's Festival. It was a lot of work, but it. is. awesome. Go look now!!!)

love,
steph

P.S. Everyone should visit the crafty thread more often. There are a lot of talented pwebbers in there!!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:17 am

Dear Yous,

On the offchance you're not already posting your hearts out, I make a hopefully simple request that you post a bit more throughout the day. I figured out I can still read the board via Google Translate (top of the image), even though the site is directly blocked (bottom), so this one or two threads a day while I'm at work thing is making my life more difficult. I'm having to entertain myself and no offense to Facebook but it has nothing on this place.

Thanks in advance,
Me

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:48 pm

Dear You,

This is the first one, since we started talking, that you didn't spend at least partially with me, isn't it? I can't remember last year, so maybe I'm wrong about that.

Thanks to circumstances I don't feel are relevant enough to explain, I ended up with the car this afternoon and so I had the radio instead of my same ~150 songs on my MP3 player.

That song came on.

I thought of you.

I wonder, if I met you as you are now instead of as you were, how different would things be?

Miss me, okay? That was one of the things you could never give me that I needed from you.

Sincerely,
Me

Dear You,

I'm scared.

-Me

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:10 pm

Dear you,

I remember when you wanted to leave all the expectations behind, and not be one of the millionaire techies, or at the very least, not do something that would be selling out for solvency. You wanted to teach high school English and spend your summers on a boat on the Sunshine Coast and I would visit you sometimes and we would just be friends. Nothing more.

I remember you wanted to be different than him, the guy I liked, and different than your family. And guess what? You and he have both failed me and you'll never be able to ask him that dirty question at "our" wedding because he's marrying someone else and I think I drove him away, and it started because of us. And yes, it is all my fault and that's something I've got to live with.

I wish I could tell you all this because you had a better sense of meanness about it than K does. K just thinks I'm ridiculous.
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Dear You,

You seem to be doing everything possible to get me to hate you. It's not that you're a bad person, I rather like you. No, it's that you treat me as though I am a child - even after I called you out on it. You treat me as if I'm a border, a stupid one at that.

"Hey, did you spill some detergent on the dryer?"
"Nope. I did spill some on the washer a week or so ago, but I'm pretty sure I got it all"
"You are using the high efficiency detergent, right?"
"Yes" (that's possibly the 4th time that's been drilled towards my brain)
"Can I see it?"
"Sure, here"
"Oh, so it's the liquid type, not like the powdery substance that's mysteriously on the dryer" (that I was trying to blame you for)

I'm so much happier living alone. My goal in life is to put together enough money to have a small house and a plot of land I can call my own. I'm tired of feeling crushed under the thumb of those who are better off.

--Cam
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:41 pm

Dear You,

I love you, but I HATE your habit of watching ESPN all the time. I also hate how you mumble under your breath about the games. But I ESPECIALLY hate how you pretend you don't hear me when I ask you to turn the station.

-Me
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:54 am

Dear You,

I love you, but I HATE your habit of watching ESPN all the time. I also hate how you mumble under your breath about the games. But I ESPECIALLY hate how you pretend you don't hear me when I ask you to turn the station.

-Me
GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN AND MAKE HIM A SAMMICH.
Discord ID: AJ#0001

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:20 am

Dear You,

-Me
GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN AND MAKE HIM A SAMMICH.
I would, but he won't eat sammiches.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:28 am

Uh... Then... THEN MAKE ME A SAMMICH.
Discord ID: AJ#0001

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:29 am

*sammich*
Yay, I'm a llama again!

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Dear You,

Thanks. That reminder should've served to up the pressure for me. Instead, my reply back to you detailing everything I've accomplished in the past couple of weeks actually made me feel a lot more confident about actually getting this s*** done before I go. In a weird sort of paradoxical way, I needed that.

Your supervisee who is on the verge of a panic attack approximately 80% of the time.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Dear You,

Thank you for being in a relatively good mood today.

- Me, who doesn't like the fallout from your bad moods
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:44 pm

Dear World,

I really need a break. The problem with this is that I do not get one until November 25... and that hardly counts... and then I have finals and a real break on December 10...

It's so far away...
-Kim

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Dear Yous,

Thank you so much. I know you're not doing it for my sake, you're just doing your jobs, but I'm so worried about the future and all my happy, reliable planning went out the window this week, so knowing that at least one more cycle is full of hours is just... one tiny piece of the load off my mind.

And you, just hearing that you were suprised was a tiny bright spot in an otherwise utterly baffling and hurtful episode.

- Pathetically grateful

Dear You,

I'm so sorry. I miss you already, and I never wanted this. I wish you could understand that this isn't my choice. I wish I could explain. I would like to keep being your friend, if they'll let me.

- One of your "Doubtfires"

GS
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Ganon's Bane
First Joined: 02 Feb 1922

Postby GS » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:09 am

Dear You,

Over the past two years, I have been to six playoff victories. I have watched them win a world series. I don't care about the first round of the playoffs. I'd rather hang out with you. This is a once in a life time experience.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:28 am

Dear You
He's back.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:07 pm

Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Dear You,

I'm so sick of this. Quit LYING to me! "Blah, blah, blah, I love you so much, you're my best friend." But, wait? You're on your way to Colorado and you didn't even tell me? I had to find out from Mom? Because I mean SO much to you that while you're here for a whole week with a friend to show her around town, you can't take any time stop by, or meet me for lunch, or dinner or even breakfast? And you're staying with your sister, who you don't get along with at all? And you're staying one night (because that's all you have time for) with Mom, when you can't stand her? But not your best friend. You don't have time for her. And this is so good a friend to be taking a trip with that she wasn't even in your life 4 months ago when I bent over backward, even rescheduling my friend's baby shower and taking money out of the already small grocery budget for a plane ticket, so that I could bring your son home to you? "Well, you just have to accept that if we want to spend any time together, it's just going to have to not be in Colorado. It's just too complicated." Stop it! Stop pretending I mean something to you, when I OBVIOUSLY don't! I'm seriously waiting for the day when SOMEONE will just tell me why I'm so unlovable. Maybe you should just do it so we don't have to keep pretending to be best friends. I don't have the energy or heart to keep doing this.

Angerly,
Your "best friend"

Return to “Milagre Town Square”