Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:19 am

Dear You,

Well, that was unexpected. I haven't thought about you in ages. Facebook's a crazy thing, huh?

Anyhow, I was a little bit hesitant to talk at first, but I'm glad we did. Glad you've settled down and that I have, too.

And I'm also glad we never really got together. I know it wouldn't have worked out. No way in hell. But I think of you fondly (mostly) and it was fun catching up after all this time.

Your Ex-Mystery
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:00 pm

Dear You,

About the new avatar... it makes me feel all creepy crawly and gives me the heebie-jeebies.

You don't HAVE to change it, but GAH! *shudder* Get off mah screen.

JL
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:53 pm

aww, he's just a little bugger.

I had the same reaction when I saw it on another forum. :p

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:32 pm

My cat loves your new avatar...
Last edited by Petra456 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:34 am

glad someone likes it!

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Sat May 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Dear You,

I swear I've written you more dear yous than anyone else, but every time you talk to me, my emotions go crazy. I really like you. I always have since I met you. But man, I don't know what you do to me. It kind of scares me sometimes. I have tried so many times to just remove you from my thoughts and my life or to change how I see you to that of an older brother who looks out for me. But then you suddenly find interest in me again or mention the way my hair got in the way while we were kissing or some other random and insignificant thing that happened between us, and I'm back to square one. You just confuse me. But if you hadn't left, I wouldn't feel so secure in my life as I do at the moment. And security is very comforting to me. So, I don't know. I didn't think you'd have access to computers there... And what were the chances that the half hour you were online because you couldn't sleep, I would be online, too? I wish I believed in fate sometimes.

I just feel so scattered after talking with you. Why can't I be two people? Or even, why can't I know what would happen if I made different choices in my life? Then I could separate everything. Then I could be more definitive.

Just, take care of yourself and get home safely. I can't stay for you, but I'll come back to you when you need it.

Kelsey.

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Sun May 02, 2010 5:04 pm

Dear you,

I love that we won't talk for days and then you'll text me out of the blue to tell me that you're going to see a movie & which one. I'm not sure what reaction you are intending to elicit out of me but I know that it seriously toys with my emotions.

Especially since its highly likely that you're going with her. The one who is allowed to leave "I miss you" and such on your wall while I can't even bring myself to invite you to my birthday party when I haven't seen you since August.
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon May 03, 2010 9:56 pm

Dear You,

heehee, I got mail today. :mrgreen: I promise I'll do my best to wear it well. Thanks a million.

<3,
Alea
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon May 03, 2010 10:30 pm

Dear You,

YAY! And what a great pic!

- :)
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Tue May 04, 2010 12:29 am

You look great. and the jewelry is rather becoming as well.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Tue May 04, 2010 12:49 am

hehehe :D you look lovely!

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Fri May 07, 2010 5:02 am

Dear You^^^^,

You look purrrrrrrrrdy ;-)

--Some pervert on the internet

Dear You,

What? Seriously, what? I know there's some reason, I just don't know what it is. That's a lie, I suspect I do, but clearly there's something you want to talk about, and you think you can coax me in to doing it for you. I'm not gonna. If you want to talk, let's talk; otherwise I'm totally okay with letting things stew. Your other method won't work.

--Me
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri May 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Aww, thanks, guys.

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Mon May 10, 2010 11:10 pm

Dear you,

You're 21. No. Just, no.
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Tue May 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Dear You,

Please try to remember that doing things is seldom as bad as dreading things. Also, does Spider Solitaire really bring you such joy that it's worth getting people pissed off at you? Furthermore, I understand it's impossible to perfectly practice what you preach all of the time, but could you try to narrow that gap just a wee bit? I think you'd find that you preach some fairly intelligent and helpful things. Physician, heal thyself, etc.

Yourself
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Junkie

Postby Peterlover14 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:07 am

Dear You,

15 year old boys shouldn't be so busy. It's insane! I miss you all the time, and texting you everyday really isn't enough for me. Stop changing the plans! You can't just change things up over night and then wake up expecting it to be okay. We when set something up, I'd appreciate it of you double check to make sure you don't have other stuff to do.

I need to spend more time with you, or I'll just implode. I don't care about the right moment anymore, I wan't to kiss you. Really bad. It could probably happen sooner if you weren't so BUSY.

And how do you tell me all these scary things about you and then expect me not to worry? You probably have a freakin eating disorder and want me to forget about it. Eat a damn hamburger! Enough of the low cal Asian food!

Missing you even though it's been only 45 minutes,
Miranda

P.S. The Pad Thai really was good. :)
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Wed May 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Dear You,

Thanks for the last two and a half years. It has been/is amazing! I'm really, really happy you're in my life. Only three more months until college and we're only a couple of hours apart! Thanks for your patience. =]

Kelsey.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Wed May 12, 2010 6:26 pm

Dear you,

It'd be great if your personal drama with other members was kept off the board or (at least) the names kept private. It's just a suggestion, of course, and you're by no means required to follow it, but it's one you might want to at least consider.

-Your friendly neighborhood community member
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Wed May 12, 2010 9:41 pm

Since nobody ever does that...
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed May 19, 2010 12:50 pm

seriously?

you did it all yesterday wrote down all the steps then and somehow don't remember to write half of them?

You don't even remember there were two things you put on the disc you burn?

I'm so looking forward to not having to see that dead, questioning look of dull incomprehension in your eyes when explaining something to you.

it's virtually impossible trying to train you or teach you anything.

ugh.

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby daPyr0x » Mon May 24, 2010 7:49 pm

Dear You,

So, you think you get to pay less than half the rent, regularly leave food to spoil in the kitchen for extended periods of time (>1week), AND give me s*** for leaving a few empties on the stand when I go away for a weekend? Look I get it, this happens every time you bring your girlfriend over. You suddenly think "hey, this place is a sty, god my roommate is a pig 'cause half this mess is his." Of course, that doesn't take into account that the other half is yours and has been there for over a week, as opposed to your roommate's mess from the night previous, as he chose to go away for a couple days not knowing company would be over. No, it's your messy roommate who's clearly worse, who seems to always have some complaint about YOU being messy...I wonder why that could be?

Please move out. Seriously, save me the hassle of kicking you out. Please just leave. I would rather be alone.

--Me

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed May 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Dear You,

If I swear on my beloved Shish to send you the Chicago pictures finally, will you try to give Life the finger and find an internet connection? I miss you. If it's because your mom thinks I abused you and made you depressed, I'll "bake" her an Oreo by way of apology, even though I don't think that's fair of her to think so.

Sincerely,

The Mexican

PS You know that one thing I once expressed interest in you finding for me because I was curious but didn't know where to start looking for it? The Disney-related stuff? Flipping found it!

Dear You,

Grow up. If you can't or don't want to, just say that in the first place.

-Alea

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed May 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Dear you,

A long time ago,
we used to be friends,
but I haven't thought of you lately at all.

-me
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Wed May 26, 2010 6:40 pm

Dear you,

The urge to watch Veronica Mars now is irresistible.

Also, :::hugs:::

Love,
Kel
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed May 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Dear you,

Just finishing the first season for the third time. Love it more than ever. I'm about to give it to my mom to try to get her hooked.

*hugs*

love,
nom
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed May 26, 2010 11:59 pm

dear you,

you stayed friends with your last boyfriend, so when that event was about to come up (this weekend) and you had bought me a ticket to I contacted you to make sure it was a plus one and not in my name (since I knew one was at least in your name. I was relieved it wasn't in my name but I didn't want it to go to waste if it was in my name. have fun. but I did think if it was in my name there wouldn't be any trouble us going to it as friends. hell I just spent a weekend hanging out with an ex and her husband, I don't bear ill will like that--I move on. You said you wanted to be friends still so I left you on my mailling lists for functions like bbqs movies and poker, I asked you if you still wanted to get those mails and you said no and that I needed to move on.

Wow. confusing. I haven't carried a torch for you. I wasn't holding out a hope that something would happen if we saw each other again. I extinguished that hope when I went to your place two weeks after you dumped me to pick up my stuff. I learned that lesson years ago. on the other hand its a little disheartening that you want so little to do with me considering how many friends we had in common and how good friends you stayed with your last boyfriend before me. It's not as though we had an ugly breakup, so again, confused at your antipathy to social stuff.

I've been depressed, which you knew, but you weren't the total cause of that depression. You were a trigger, but my sadness at our breakup didn't become depression until nearly a month after you dumped me. Actually I became pretty depressed when my car broke down and I lost my mobility temporarily--that led to a lot of time to reflect on me personally and the various failings I have had. Primarily I reflected on how I've failed to live up to my own dreams and failed to accomplish what I've wanted to accomplish by this point in life. As I thought about how all my dreams for my career are basically dead I became more and more depressed as my life looked basically hopeless. The real source of my depression was the fact that I no longer saw any future for myself I thought I would happy with as a career. My job at the time was the definition of a dead end, and it had been a mistake to go there, and go back there. It's notable that the thing that lifted me out of my depression was quitting my job, because then I started feeling like I had a future again--even unemployed I feel I have more of a future than I did when earning a paycheck.

Which is not to say my failed lovelife didn't have a big component in my depression as well. Part of not believing I had any future was the conclusion based on objective observation of all my relationships that I wasn't ever going to have a successful relationship. That was a new thought for me, and that thought developed by concluding that as a complete failure I really had nothing to offer to any woman so there were no qualities of value or substance for others to see. and you can't build something successful on nothing. So that relationship side of my life was looking like a failure on par with the career side of my life. Though honestly, during that period I was still talking to and socializing with girls, getting numbers, following up, reactivating a dating account and so on. I've still got confidence there; confidence that I lacked completely in my career/job at the time I was worst depressed, and again, the depression was more about seeing myself failing at everything, primarily failing at the goals I had set myself and the places I'd envisioned myself being at 26 because I haven't made a single movement towards any of those goals since graduating college. so you say move on. And it feels like a bit of a rebuke, I think it stings not because I haven't moved on from the relationship but because I haven't moved on in terms of my career. I need to advance to new places in that side of my life. I coasted through school. I coasted through my jobs I've had in my career so far. I need to start actually trying. Because when I try I accomplish pretty impressive things. Coasting is an old old habit to me, I'm lazy because I rarely have to put forth effort to succeed and that's an aspect of my psyche I'm going to have to retrain.

So yeah, thanks for the bizarre conversation, I seriously gave my blackberry a "what the hell" look when it was over because I thought you knew me a little bit better than what the conversation implied. Your side of the convo did indicate that you definitely think of me with the same mixture of pity and scorn you often displayed towards exs when speaking of them to me. I'm not surprised at that. I remember being shocked, initially at the pure contempt with which you'd speak about exloves, and I remember wondering if you'd really loved them to hold them in such low regard. I think I'm sort of proud to have your contempt, at this point, as its a sign you didn't love me the way I understand love to be, and your love probably is as selfishly oriented and stunted as I often feared it might be when we were together. The way I understand love is expansive and encompassing, it is rooted in generosity of spirit and mind and its clear now that you never once understood that.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Thu May 27, 2010 7:54 am

Dear You,

PLEASE email me. Or call me. And let me know. PLEASE. Now would be good.

Your advisee
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Thu May 27, 2010 11:43 am

Dear you,

if writing on a post you will never read can help somehow my conversation with you to keep you from doing, i will.

Please, don't do it :cry:

your best friend.

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby daPyr0x » Thu May 27, 2010 4:04 pm

Dear You,

You know what, I'm impressed. You sure did move quicker than I anticipated. I'm glad you did, though. You've gotta see what's bad to be able to appreciate what's good. I genuinely hope it doesn't turn out too badly for you. As in, I hope you don't get in over your head.

That's a real pussy move, though. To not even say anything? You really think I'm that stupid, don't you? Be glad I'm your brother. You're going to have to learn to grow a pair if you're gonna survive in the real world. However, that's really the point of this whole exercise. You wouldn't learn anything if I let you get away with that kind of s***; 'cause nobody else will either. That ain't right for you to try and f*** me with the money though, and it ain't legal either FYI. Just know I'll make sure the landlord knows where to find the rest of the rent, 'cause I can move right quick, and once we're down that road there's no way I'm going back to a bigger place to accommodate your desire to save funds. You don't know it, but I've spent the last two years of my life pointed in a direction that revolved around caring for you, making sure you were okay. I do hope you continue to be.

--Me

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Fri May 28, 2010 8:45 am

Dear You,

Now every time that you say something, I am going to wonder if it is about me(Does that make me egotistical?). But if what you said was about me, it is 100 percent accurate. You shouldn't waste your time on me. I'm really not worth it.

Wimp

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Sat May 29, 2010 2:37 pm

Dear you,

As a future Chicagoan, you better be rooting for the Blackhawks tonight. This could be the end of the longest active Stanley Cup drought in the NHL. Deal?

-Me

PS -- You must also grow a mustache.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Sat May 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Dear you,

I really wish that I was a future Chicagoan, now, so I would have an excuse to grow a mustache.

Thanks for making me feel bad.

Love me.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sun May 30, 2010 4:45 am

Dear Me,

Don't feel bad about spending some money on some new clothes, your sneakers have holes in them, all your khackis have fallen apart, your jeans are alright, though mainly just the two new pair you got at christmas and frankly a lot of shirts are both old and too big (they hang on you like a tent). so spending 80 at ross earlier today was probably a wise investment. and you should shop for new clothes more often. and throw out more of your old stuff. Not everything has to be worn into an inch of its life, some of those shirts you've had since high school.

oh and you really need a bunch of new socks. and boxers. but that's a lower priority, two new pair khackis, a couple nice shirts and a pair of good shoes were necessary.

Still, watch your damn spending, you don't have a job right now, you know.

by the way, ask for clothes for your birthday, not dvds/blurays/books like usual. :-p

also, go to bed you insomniac.

Yourself

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon May 31, 2010 2:42 pm

Dear Yous,

Don't take this the wrong way but you make me sad, constantly.

Dear You,

I'll be honest, I was upset with you for two days, even though I know you were trying to do the right thing (it was the right thing, I was coming to that conclusion on my own, just needed my time to play with the idea first), but then you tried to take it back. You tried to revise it. That sucked. Fine if it's gone, needs to be forced away, whatever, but don't change what it was.

I'm good now. I'm happy with it all. And maybe this wasn't intended but that whole thing made me really appreciate you more, so if I try to fold you into my little circle of people I consider Go-To, one of my best friends, I'd really like it if that was okay with you. There's a comfort there, on my end, that can't be made/forced and I think that's rare enough to not want to lose.

Sincerely,
Me

Dear You,

Sorry. I should have been happier for you than I was and less of a bitch in general. That's fantastic and I know you'll keep going. I love what you've been lately. And you better be working on my movie.

-Me

Dear You,

It's never too late to be a future Chicagoan (until you die, anyway...). There are at least 2 of us heading to the Windy City in 2012. I say we take a stand on my beloved and ambush him. Then we could have monthly gatherings. :P

Or you can just try to grow a mustache, to hell with reasons and rationalization.

Me

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:34 pm

Dear You,

Since it's not you, it's going to have to be him.

I wanted it to be you.
The password is "guilty"

Return to “Milagre Town Square”