Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Dear you,
It sounds like you could have adhd and/or an eating disorder. I would ask your parents to take you to a doctor posthaste.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:08 pm

Dear you,
It sounds like you could have adhd and/or an eating disorder. I would ask your parents to take you to a doctor posthaste.
You really shouldn't talk about human's cat like that.

I love associating posts with the ones before it.

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:32 am

Dear you,

I'm super moody & can't sleep because I plotted an epic, amazing 3 year plan that I want so badly and have found degree programs I lust after and inspire me--but your plans put you geographically nowhere near any of them and I want to at least see you because you sort me out. Even if we may not ever get together that way, you take my puzzle pieces and tell me when I make sense and when I need to work out the edges.

M
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:19 pm

Dear Game_Room_Wannabe,

The fact that you registered three days ago and you now have 1/5th the number of posts I do makes me want to tell you:

SLOW THE EFF DOWN!

This is all.

Wil

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Junkie

Postby Peterlover14 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:24 pm

Dear Wil,

Thank you.
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:38 pm

Dear you,

Love the new avatar. I'm gonna miss David Tennant this season. :(

JL
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Dear You,

My friends seem pleased; they see the angst pouring out and they think, "Any day now, she'll give up this foolishness any day now." I've been thinking the same thing as, attempt after attempt, I try to both let go of and cling to any little shred of you that's left. Oh, you and him share a name -one neither of you would share with me- and you share the same reflection but that is where the similarities stop. Lest you think I'm crazy, I spent part of my lunch looking for you -he has all the chat logs- and I found you. Granted, if I had chat logs, I could find you as recently as May of 2009 but alas, I don't and it's a good thing; when I got on my bike to ride home, the right (read: wrong) song came on my MP3 player and I cried. At any rate, there is proof of you. October 25, 2008. I'm thinking of one post in particular but there are many from around that time. The way you talked to me...it was there, for everyone to see, even if they didn't know to look for it. (Don't worry, he said it's okay if I out you and even if anyone decided to look for that post, they wouldn't know what thread.) There you were you, glorious you, the one who made me feel like I could do anything and you'd be there. How's that, you ask? Unlike any other Pwebber, you alone were there every single day after a certain point. Oh, yes, I remember the "I can't, I'm busy" but it was paired with an "Are you there? I finished earlier than I thought." March 10th, or around there, was the first time you were gone -a power outage. I know this because I was having an early birthday dinner and a list-making meeting with one of my last remaining local friends and date-stamped the list. I came home and you weren't signed on and I certainly did worry...that was so unlike you. In fact, I couldn't think of another time that had happened. But there you were, the next day, being silly and apologizing and I thought, "He doesn't have to but he did anyway; what a sweetheart." I'm really not sure that happened again until summer, after he showed up and you were gone. Even that time I didn't talk to you for three days, because you said you needed to do something important, you were there for me to see and when you finished early, you told me you were surprised I'd left you alone, it was that abnormal for us. To get back to the larger point, that wasn't, still isn't, just any time of my life. It's been a very scary, limiting, demeaning, dehumanizing, depressing time and even if I have depressive tendencies, I was at a low only matched by high school. And there you were, making me feel like I was worth something, unlike most of the people here. Maybe that was a bad thing. Maybe you became like a crutch after some time but at first, you inspired me, you made me laugh, you made me smile when I had a hard time finding reasons to, you were my friend. I went and complicated things by getting feelings for you, on top of it all, I know I did. But you were the best thing to happen to me in years. And he is nothing like you. He comes across as apathetic, impatient, bored. So when he gets mad at me, help me out a little, will you? If you can't do anything else, if your hands are tied, at least tell him I'm trying to let go of you, so I can let go of him. If he hasn't passed along the messages -I send them all the time- I miss you. I know before you went, I warned you of this and you said I was wrong to worry. You also seemed remorseful over the changes you did anticipate. I felt so special over you expressing that; I was like a person to you and one you wanted to be around, not a chore. You know what he did, just a few months later? He told me, if I'd just ask his friends and family, he spends too much damn time on the one channel he's given me to talk to him. Letting me talk to him on the phone would be a major no-no. Writing him a letter? Out of the question. No. I'm not his friend; I am a stranger to him, with whom he is acquainted, as though me knowing the real him would be his undoing. The secrets, the emotional distance that gets wider all the time, that's what is undoing it. Why I'm mentioning some of this last bit to you, I don't know...you'd take his side though you were kind enough to remove the doubt elsewhere, in other ways. I'm tired of waiting for you to come back, I'm tired when you do momentarily return because it just means more heartache when I have to say goodbye all over again after a moment, a day, a week, maybe a month. I'm just plain tired. You're not coming back and the more I tell him how much I miss you, the more he gives up on me, I think. I don't remember if you said this (or where...PM, IM, I don't have the heart to look), but you said something along the lines of "Nothing is going to change, I'll be working for the same place." I wish, almost daily, that you had been right.

Alea
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:12 am

Dear you,

I do sincerely apologize if I woke you up; I know it's like 2AM. I'm not sure how well yelling carries through the floor, and I'm also not sure if you're actually home, but still... if I caused any disturbance, I apologize. But I assure you it was for a good cause ('teh lulz').

-the yelling maniac who lives above you
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:40 am

Dear you,

It isn't always your fault when I can't sleep. Sometimes it is, partially. And now it is the crazy idea that in 3 months we may very well be within 3 hours drive of each other after spending a year 20 hours drive apart and the crazy, desperate idea that then maybe we could actually be together, combined with that high I'm getting of feeling so close to being on a successful path. It does bother me that last year you were obviously disappointed I wasn't going to be near you but this year, the topic's become taboo. And now I wonder what you're feelings are, but you've been so far away for so long, I have no cue.

M
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:37 am

Dear Yous,

Please let us have a PwebCon sometime in the next 2.5 years and not make bullshit excuses for not being able to plan and follow through. I get that things happen, money is an issue, etc. but those things are going to keep happening...it's called life. Start squirreling away $5 here, $5 there and it'll add up. While I will push Chicago, the truth is I would be honored to spend money traveling most anywhere to sit in the same room as you guys. So please, please, can we come up with a plan and stick to it?

Love,
Alea

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:48 am

Dear you,

Please aim to not have it in the 2011-2012 school year and I will try my damndest to make it. But, for that school year, even more than normal, my life is not my own. (At least now I get to do what I want with my weekends... not true for 4th year.)

-Kim
-Kim

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:39 am

Dear you,

With our lives as up in the air as it is right now, I make no promises. However, I would love for it to happen and for me to be there.

-JL

Dear you,

Where do you get off feeding my kid this:
pink disgusting sugar cookie? Not only is it dyed pink sugar on a store bought cookie, it's clearly from Valentine's Day- which was a MONTH ago.
Now, listen, I'm not some super-granola mom who only feeds her kid organic stuff. I give her fast food sometimes, I give her a nibble of cookie every now and then, but I am the one who makes that choice. I like to know what my kid is eating. Kids under two are still at risk for allergies and don't need a bunch of sugary crap. I would like to put my kid in the nursery without worrying what you're feeding her and giving her to drink (don't get me started on the juice - when I asked you repeatedly to give her water instead). GAH. What was the point in filling out your little "form" when you clearly just ignore it.

-an annoyed mom (&dad, for that matter)

Caspian
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Ducky Consort

Postby Caspian » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:38 am

Dear you:

Why do you think it's okay for you to just not show up to a seminar class?

Me.

Also: yeah that pink cookie was no good.
It's not "noob" to rhyme with "boob". It's "newbie" to rhyme with "boobie".

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:04 pm

Dear You Two,

I actually counted on you two doing whatever you could to go to one, based on what you've said previously; it's the others I'm shaking a finger at. I happened to find myself up entirely too late last night, poking around in the 2006 PwebCon thread, and got really annoyed at our ability to talk (it is what keeps us here) and our inability to do given how small a set of regulars we're dealing with.

Dear You,

I hope your backside is okay and that they've let you back into the States.

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:44 pm

Dear You,

I'm not sure what, in particular, offends me the most. Maybe it's waking up to a text message from you, complaining about a DVD I burned for you not working and requesting that I make you a new one for your return that evening; followed by "oh and by the way happy birthday." Or maybe it's you quizzing me later in the day for birthday gift suggestions for our other brother. Or maybe it's the "hey my mom just found out from your other brother that you were alone on your birthday, wanna come here for dinner?" message I got later in the evening (while I was out, at a restaurant, eating alone). No, no, it's probably all of those things culminating when you arrived without a gift. It's not that I care about receiving gifts and from whom, but when you're trying to get ideas from me for gifts for someone else's birthday, on my birthday, I don't think it's a stretch to assume that you'd gotten something for me as well. It's nice to know I'm thought about.

- The older brother who's tired of working to try and make your life easier
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Dear You,

As of right now, I have the time and the means to go just about anywhere. I don't know if that will always hold true, but I would definitely try my damnest to get there, even if it was only a couple people. While I would certainly like it to be closer/cheaper for me, I would be fine with inconvenience/expensive for me if it meant convenience for most as I'm not sure how many East Coasters would be going. Also, I am back in the country although crossing the border certainly gave me a scare and my backside is in perfect condition. I mean it was a Ski Festival, did you really think I went for the "ski" part? :wink:

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:38 pm

Where do you get off feeding my kid this:
I really thought that was salami until I read further.
PwebCon
If it helps move this along... I'd consider going (I just need some advance notice).
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:11 am

PwebCon
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that I'd really be all for this, and would enjoy helping plan.

In addition:
If it helps move this along... I'd consider going (I just need some advance notice).
Le gasp! zero? Out in daylight?
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:25 am

Ooh, can we hold it at the White House then?
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:47 am

Le gasp! zero? Out in daylight?
Ditto!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:43 am

Dear Yous,

I propose Pwebcon in Colorado, since I now have 3 kids (plus Daddy) I'd be trying to travel with, and that gets pretty expensive. There's tons to do here and it's beautiful! Any takers?
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:27 am

Colorado is actually pretty close to me, relative to other places it's been proposed. I'd be up for it.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:32 am

Dear History Teacher,

You are the most vague fracker I know of. At the start of the semester you told us many things. First, you said we didn't even need to use our textbook so long as we studied and knew the terms on the study guide you gave us. You then said we needed to read a book and write a report on it, and that it could be any book we wanted so long as it was relevant to history. You then told us to "base our report format on the one attached to the back of the syllabus". On this report, at the top where you placed the book information, are the exact words: "Page 216, Preface, Bibliography, Page - Page 232". I don't know where you're from, but this implies that the report is in fact only on a section of the book in question.

So when you handed back a report I did on an entire 50 page chapter of our text book based upon World War I, the text book you said we didn't need and that technically qualifies as "any book", and told me to "Read a real book. I'm trying to get you to fill that head of yours with knowledge.", I said alright, fair enough, I should have probably ran this idea by you in the first place. Sure, I was a little pissy, because history doesn't change, and what does it matter if I used our text book or not. But, you're right, I probably should have used a different book.

So when I ran this idea by you about doing a report on a chapter from the book I'm reading -- A Short History on Nearly Everything -- about Einstein, which we of course covered last week, a chapter which is probably a good 30-50 pages long, you asked how big the book was and I said "I dunno, maybe 500 pages?", you said "I want you to do a report on an entire book."... I got pissy again. Why? Because you're VAGUE. You don't give us enough information, and what information you do give us, such as the report which clearly implies that the report you said to "base ours off of" is only based on a portion of a book, then you give me conflicting information AGAIN?

I understand the idea of a "book report" is to write a report on an ENTIRE book. But, I'm sorry, I don't have TIME to read an entire book in addition to the textbook which "we don't need to read". You already have us reading 50 large, small typed, dry history pages (one chapter) twice a week for class. But, of course, you said we didn't need to read that. I'm probably the only person in that class that actually DOES read it. Probably why I'm making a f****** A in your class.

So, thanks to your vagueness and general ability to piss me off, I'll do the ONE required book report for your class. I've already decided to not do the two optional ones. If you hadn't told me that I needed to do a report on an entire book, I might very well have done three. Honestly, expecting ANYONE to do three complete book reports on three completely separate books is really pushing it. Most of these people are suffering through other classes that are degree specific and not just general education such as History 102. Now, guess what? I'm going to the library and I'm picking out the SMALLEST, SHORTEST book and that's the one you're getting a report on. Because, to be quite honest, I'm not a big fan of history. It's interesting in the same way that painting a room is interesting. It's kind of fun painting at first, and it's nice to change a room up, but at the end of the day it is a lot of work.

</raging anger>

Wil

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Dear You,

That's a side of you I've never seen before. You've never show me when you're afraid, but I genuinely believe that you are. I'm really glad you could talk to me about it. It seemed once you got started talking on something else you calmed down a bit, which I think is good. I have to admit it made me smile when you told me you wanted me to stay in town for college so that you knew we'd stay in touch. Honestly though, don't worry.. I know you will, which sucks, but you're one of the very few people I actively make contact with. I really care about you. I'll definitely always be curious about you, anyway. So don't worry so much!

Please call me before you're deployed though? I want to get to talk with you as much as possible before you leave... And for once, answer my questions! Geez. You're very good at dancing around them, just like I used to do to you. Funny how our roles have switched in the past three years. I can't even believe you still like me after three years.. Anyway, the point is, answer my questions!

human.

GoofyLM
Launchie
Launchie

Postby GoofyLM » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:56 pm

Dear You:
One day I woke up and realized you were the most solid person I had ever known. I have very few regrets, but letting you get married without trying again is one of the bigger ones. At least we're friends again and he treats you right though.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:09 am

Dear You,

knewit :)

Do I hear "Irony"?

And still, that's no excuse.

But whatever. That's not the matter at the moment. My thoughts and prayers (ha) are with you and your family.
The password is "guilty"

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:38 am

Dear You,

Seriously? I do not understand why you can't just make the corrections as you're reading. They are stupid typos, that would've taken two seconds to take care of. It's not like there was an important point of interpretation. Stupid, asinine typos. Seriously, you couldn't just make the damn correction while you were reading it yourself?

Most of the time, I love ya. But you were really annoying me this morning. This is why I try to avoid having you read my reports.

Me
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

GoofyLM
Launchie
Launchie

Postby GoofyLM » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:08 pm

Dear You,
quit being a retarded sniffling teenager. You're over 40. Grow up.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Dear you,

At first, I was willing to assume that the fault lay with him. And while I still don't know for sure, since I will never fully trust anything he says, it now seems like the story got altered somewhere between you and your mother. This has made me rethink things a bit.

Deep down he knows what he really did to me, so maybe he has less desire to discredit me or further tarnish my reputation. But let's think about you for a moment... You married him. You need to convince yourself, your mother and anyone else that it was NOT him and it WAS me all along. So, any little twist of story that you can tell yourself and others that reaffirms your version of reality helps to make you feel safer. Because you are stuck with him and you have to try convince yourself that he isn't capable of those things that part of you knows he did.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:12 am

Dear you,

I made a mistake. I still love you. I compare everyone I date to you, which isn't fair to them. That makes for interesting relationships. And now you're over me, and it's far too late. I sincerely wonder if anyone will ever love me like you did, or if I'll ever really love someone else that way again.

You have no idea how many times I wanted to come back to you when you asked. I was afraid of what my friends would say or my family. I was afraid of what my boyfriends might think. I was stupid.

I'm sorry.

Me
The password is "guilty"

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:58 am

Dear you,

I don't care who you are, that's a nasty thing you did just there. To write something like that anonymously is cowardly and mean to every single person on this board with an ex-girlfriend.
Because they don't know who it's from, they will be hoping it's them. What you've done is mean, and it makes me want to ban confessions if people are going to use it like that.

I thought you should know that.

-angered by the above.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:54 pm

Dear You,

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Some can find amusement, satisfaction, or even a little bit of pride in reading that from an ex-girlfriend. Only moreso when it's posted anonymously and with such fear not knowing whatsoever whether the feelings described really are as one-sided as anticipated. It's all in how you look at things.

-- The overseer
The password is "guilty"

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Dear you,

I don't care who you are, that's a nasty thing you did just there. To write something like that anonymously is cowardly and mean to every single person on this board with an ex-girlfriend.
Because they don't know who it's from, they will be hoping it's them. What you've done is mean, and it makes me want to ban confessions if people are going to use it like that.

I thought you should know that.

-angered by the above.
Not quite to every single guy with an ex, Jayelle. I'm 100% positive I've never dated anyone, or had a girlfriend/relationship, who could have written that about or to me. So reading it didn't bother me in the slightest. I don't think it was intended to be mean, though it definitely is mean when you consider the ramifications of it as you did and Confessions did not.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Dear Jayelle,

I don't care who you are, who do you think you are judging someone else so harshly? Though normally such emotional tripe gives me nausea, what you did just there was mean. Nasty, as you said. You don't know the situation. You don't know the person. You don't know the person they're talking about. You don't even know if the person they're talking about has even a miniscule chance of ever stumbling across this site and seeing that post. And if some other person not involved assumes it could be about them, then it's only their own underlying, unaddressed issue rising to the surface. Are you dumb, seriously? You really felt the need to kick some dust in their ice cream for giving outlet to what seems to be a painful emotion? You're kind of being a douche, and that's my territory. And if I'M not willing to seize such an opportunity, why are you?

Kind of makes me want to get banned again just for the hell of it.

Bitch.

:D

- Too cool for you.
Last edited by Satya on Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discord ID: AJ#0001

Graff^
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Carrot hamburgler

Postby Graff^ » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:38 pm

Dear Jayelle,
I wasn't going to say anything but, if you ban Satya he'll just claim it was because he bashed you. The best action would to be ignore him, or he'll get the attention that he's craving.

From,
Mr.Neutral
Where does friendship end and love begin?

Return to “Milagre Town Square”